Going in for a vasectomy next week. Any advice?

Looks like God wants you to be fruitful and multiply again

So I’m currently trying to convince my wife that once I get a vasectomy it’s technically not cheating anymore to sleep with other women. Anyone have any luck with this?

Is it really the end of the world if you had another child?

Also, you could just time it by making love when she is not on her fertile days of her cycle.

Me and the wife are happy with our 3 kids so we decided it's best if I get snipped. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty nervous even though I know it's a very safe procedure. Any guy with experience getting a vasectomy got any calming words to share?
Do not jump the gun trying to clear the pipes. I did. And one ball swelled to grapefruit size.

Why not ask the misses if she would get herself fixed since minor surgery is no big deal to her.

It's one thing if you were Tyreek Hill and are a walking lottery ticket for these unscrupulous ladies. If that's not the case tell your significant other to use available birth control along with employing the cycle method to avoid times when she would be most fertile.

Me and the wife are happy with our 3 kids so we decided it's best if I get snipped. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty nervous even though I know it's a very safe procedure. Any guy with experience getting a vasectomy got any calming words to share?
Ya, my advice is don’t go.

DON'T DO IT!!!!

the medical profession is in denial about how frequent complications occur.

They'll tell you that complications are extremely rare. But in my research I believe they are way more common than they think.

They'll quote you numbers like less than 1% of men have complications. But I think it's much higher. I would guess it's closer to 6-10% but men tend to just live with pain and not make a big deal out of it. So I think it's under reported.

And when they do, their doctor writes it off as temporary, or an anomaly, or the guy's just being a baby, it's all in his head, etc. Because they've had it drilled into their heads that vasectomy is super safe and easy.

At the very least, go visit the reddit forum for post vasectomy pain syndrome and read the stories there. And that's just one of the complications. There are others. I've read stories of men who's lives are drastically changed for the worse after the procedure. Living with constant pain, losing sexual function and/or pleasure, losing relationships/divorce, depression... It's bad.

I'm sure you're going to hear a lot of dudes say they had it done and they were fine, and I don't doubt that. But what if they're part of the 90%, and the other 10% have issues? I wouldn't risk that.

Again, I'm just pulling those numbers out of my ass, but I do strongly believe after everything I've read on the subject that much more than 1% have issues.
I like your comment.

For some reason the potential complications and pain with vasectomies are downplayed. Likely as a way to minimize the experience when compared with child birth, hysterectomy, IUD insertion, etc. Similar to the whole “men are such babies when they’re sick” trope, it’s very dismissive.

My experience was awful. The procedure was extremely painful and I ended up having an infection at both incisions which also really painful. Having an infection on your goods is incredibly frightening as well. I went down the rabbit hole of what can happen if the infection doesn’t clear… I nearly lost my mind until the infection healed. My experience is nothing compared with some of the horror stories out there.

With that said, I’m glad I did it and I was happy to do this so we don’t have any more kids. Pregnancy put my wife through hell both times and I was ready to shoulder some physical burden. But I do think the potential complications should be more honestly shared so men can be fully informed when making a decision.

The good part is you have to put like 30 rounds down range before you can expect to clear your chamber.

As I told my wife, “It’s not right for a married man to be hanging around, rubbing it out everyday. It’s not healthy. I’m going to need your help to hit these numbers in a timely fashion.” 😂

Back