Good movies with famous action stars that are overlooked

I was thinking of that too, but I haven't seen that since it was new and I can't remember it well.
A friend actually became a physical therapist because he was inspired by Bill Nunn's role in the movie. Definitely worth a second watch IMO.

I don't think there an Arnold movie that I don't enjoy, outside of his early crap like Hercules in New York.

But even his lesser films like eraser, last action hero, and last stand I thoroughly enjoyed.
Raw deal was pretty bad

The entire genre is overlooked at this point

Snatch is not overlooked. It dialog masterpiece and made his career. And Bullet tooth Tony's career lol

It's actually the first movie i've seen with Jason Statham, i didn't know he was a action person until like the 4th movie i saw of him, but would say "hey its Turkish!"
You are right, my friends and i still quote this movie to this day.

Overlooked is a very subjective term but Snatch is probably remembered more as the breakout film for Guy Ritchie and therefore less of a Jason Statham film. Stattham was one guy in an ensemble cast. Ritchie already had Lock, Stock but Snatch is where he showed that he could do it again with a decent sized budget.

Or, in my subjective mind, I think of Lock, Stock and Snatch as Guy Ritchie movies rather than for any of the actors.

I agree.

Snatch is when they started calling him the British Tarantino.

Then he starting dating Madonna, lol.

This does not have famous action stars but I will add:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)-The original movie. Still holds up imo. I know the Ninja Turtles have been remade to death and Secret of The Ooze gets a ton of love, but the original is and will always be my favorite of the TMNT franchise.

El Mariachi-This is not as good as Desperado to me but is still good and better to me than Once Upon A Time In Mexico.

Kuffs-This might be my favorite Christian Slater film. It's tongue in cheek and I wish it got more love than it did.

Best of the Best 2-It was going to be hard to beat the original but I didn't think the sequel was bad. It was a standard 90's action flick with Eric Roberts.

A Low Down Dirty Shame-This movie will always be a cult classic to me. I like this equally as much as Don't Be a Menace.

Double Impact with JCVD is easily in his top 5 and not talked about enough

Kuffs-This might be my favorite Christian Slater film. It's tongue in cheek and I wish it got more love than it did.
This movie is a goddamn diamond in the rough, fucking amazing, and anyone on Sherdog who hasn't seen it should be ashamed.

xmycEar2hPzvu1lHojLayGMLFI0.jpg

Disagree about Timecop being better than all his other movies except Bloodsport. Kickboxer, Lionheart, Cyborg, Hard Target, Double Impact, and No Retreat No Surrender are all better in my view, JCVD was on fire in the late 80's/early 90's. Not to say Timecop was bad or anything (definitely better than Looper), although it probably was his last really good one that got released in theaters.

Everything is amazing about Showdown in Little Tokyo. The movie is hilariously entertaining and has some parts that nearly make me drop dead every time I watch it, like how Brandon can't stop talking about how massive Dolph's schlong is

Of course, I would expect nothing less from the same director that gave us Arnold's magnum opus, Commando.

cbd3afd48c0bd2eda6d9d385c48ccfc7.jpggiphy (3).gifgiphy (2) (1).gifQuaintSecondKomododragon-max-1mb.gif

Back