Got My Medicinal Marijuana Prescription Today (in Australia) AMA

The Big Babou

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Here in Australia we are way behind America when it comes to legalising marijuana, so much so that I pretty much gave up on the idea for many years, until recently.

The process was easy.

For what it's worth, I'm a white collar professional with an established career (I run my own practice). Not your typical stoner...

I live holistically, exercise daily and eat organic whenever possible / affordable.

However, as a Sherdog elder who trained martial arts I'm also living with some chronic injuries. I'm not keen on pharmaceuticals and have been using mj for pain relief & sleep. It definitely takes the edge off.

It's a relief to be able to source this stuff legally, I can even travel with it.

I'll post a bit more info later,... happy to share the knowledge/ rite of passage with other Aussie Sherdoggers

Babou

I know the prices of medicinals, is the monthly supply ample for your needs?
It’s a good idea, having the correct strain for the purpose.

I've been on MC in Aus for about a year now. It's good stuff. Buy yourself a good Mighty+ Vape and you can smoke pretty much anywhere pubs, clubs, walking down main street etc.... Doesn't smell like joints or such and everyone thinks its just a regular vape. What are your fav strains so far? My current rotation is Medcan Ultra 01 (Sativa for daytime) Sativite Eurroka ( Balanced Sativa for afternoon/early evening) and Lee Ann WoMac (Watermelon OG x Miricle Alien Cookies night). Good shit being legal with heaps of choices of quality flower at the same price as Black Market but better quality and not having to deal with dodgy Old Mate down the road. Still felt weird going into the chemist today and picking up an ounce though, will probably never get used to that. Can't wait till it opens up here like it is in US and Canada and we get those choices. Baby steps.

I know the prices of medicinals, is the monthly supply ample for your needs?
It’s a good idea, having the correct strain for the purpose.

I've started with a small amount (a bit less than an oz/month), got prescribed a sativa strain plus an indica and some oil/drops.

They'll check in with me in 3 weeks time, i can always ask for more.

Price is dearer than old mate around the corner but there's way more strains available and like you said, they can tailor it to suit my needs which makes this a next-level natural therapy. I'm stoked.

It's also legal which means i have a right to consume it (i don't have to think about neighbours or consuming in secrecy) and I can also travel with it.

I've started with a small amount (a bit less than an oz/month), got prescribed a sativa strain plus an indica and some oil/drops.

They'll check in with me in 3 weeks time, i can always ask for more.

Price is dearer than old mate around the corner but there's way more strains available and like you said, they can tailor it to suit my needs which makes this a next-level natural therapy. I'm stoked.

It's also legal which means i have a right to consume it (i don't have to think about neighbours or consuming in secrecy) and I can also travel with it.
Thanks mate.
Do you pick it up or delivered to home?

I've been on MC in Aus for about a year now. It's good stuff. Buy yourself a good Mighty+ Vape and you can smoke pretty much anywhere pubs, clubs, walking down main street etc.... Doesn't smell like joints or such and everyone thinks its just a regular vape. What are your fav strains so far? My current rotation is Medcan Ultra 01 (Sativa for daytime) Sativite Eurroka ( Balanced Sativa for afternoon/early evening) and Lee Ann WoMac (Watermelon OG x Miricle Alien Cookies night). Good shit being legal with heaps of choices of quality flower at the same price as Black Market but better quality and not having to deal with dodgy Old Mate down the road. Still felt weird going into the chemist today and picking up an ounce though, will probably never get used to that. Can't wait till it opens up here like it is in US and Canada and we get those choices. Baby steps.

Good feedback.

My first order is in the mail, sundaze solstice and white widow plus the oil. It's simply what they prescribed, I'll look up those strains you recommended.

Cheers

What strains are available ?
chill-meme.gif

Im trying out the vanilla kush atm and can confirm its fine :)
Grape valley too
I really miss some landrace strains not easy to get like durban poison
That one is a sativa model ,prpbly a parent of all sativas

I love buying weed legally! Too bad I moved so I buy it legally, drive 10 minutes and am a criminal again lol
I am in a similar boat. When I board the train I am legal, when the train crosses state lines going towards where I live, I am a criminal. I live less than 10 miles from the border of where it is legal.

The times of Mexico dirt weed are long gone. I wouldn't even know where to start these days... probably ask for something I heard in a Cheech and Chong movie :)
Kids nowadays dont know how crappy our 5 dollar nick sacks with stems and seeds we had to pick out were in 1999 and I could be arrested for that amount back then. Even the worst 5 dollar pre roll now is better than that 1999 nick sack of stress was.

Back