GOTY 2022 Announced; Total War: Warhammer III

Rational Poster

Actually the Best Poster
@plutonium
Reaction score

Based on the released trailer and teaser it's certain we're going to see Kislev and Cathay added to the campaign as well as a major expansion to the Chaos forces. Probably a unique Chaos faction for each Chaos god instead of just one united faction. Also likely to see the Chaos Dwarves.

It also seems likely that all the previous factions from WH I and II will be included in this if not at release in an expanded DLC campaign like Mortal Empires for WH II.

Blood for the Blood God!

I’ve never played these games but have heard nothing but good things about them. Kind of wish they’d make a Total War 40k game as I prefer that setting.

I’ve never played these games but have heard nothing but good things about them. Kind of wish they’d make a Total War 40k game as I prefer that setting.

There are a bunch of 40k strategy games which have gotten good reviews and which you may like

Warhammer 40K: Mechanicus (Turn based tactical shooter like XCOM)
Warhammer 40K: Gladius (4X Grand Strategy like Civilization)
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 (Space based 40K strategy)
Warhammer 40K: Sanctus Reach (Turn based strategy with heavy gear like tanks and titans)
ofc the Dawn of War games

There are a bunch of 40k strategy games which have gotten good reviews and which you may like

Warhammer 40K: Mechanicus (Turn based tactical shooter like XCOM)
Warhammer 40K: Gladius (4X Grand Strategy like Civilization)
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 (Space based 40K strategy)
Warhammer 40K: Sanctus Reach (Turn based strategy with heavy gear like tanks and titans)
ofc the Dawn of War games

I played the first two Dawn of War games and they were great, but heard they shit the bed with the third. Haven’t heard of Gladys, but Armada doesn’t really seem like my style, and Mechanicus I’ve heard is OK, but not great. In any event, outside of Dawn of War 1 and 2 I can’t think of any 40K games that have the same kind of goodwill as the Total War games.

I played the first two Dawn of War games and they were great, but heard they shit the bed with the third. Haven’t heard of Gladys, but Armada doesn’t really seem like my style, and Mechanicus I’ve heard is OK, but not great. In any event, outside of Dawn of War 1 and 2 I can’t think of any 40K games that have the same kind of goodwill as the Total War games.

Total War: WH 1 and 2 are so praised because it's an incredible formula.

Creative Assembly took everything they learned from decades of developing Total War titles which are every bit as acclaimed in their own right and infused it with a lore set that has been in development for even longer.

It's just a perfect match between creator and lore that doesn't happen very often.

You can see these guys in the trailer;

latest

Khorne Skullcrushers

The Skullcrushers of Khorne are among the most devout warriors dedicated to Khorne, the Blood God's worship, and whose legendary skill in arms and warfare has earned them the right to ride the fearsome Juggernaut into battle.

Looks like there will be 6 factions on release:

Kislev (demon fighting Russians)
Cathay (China ruled by a dragon emperor)

for the good factions and

Khrone (angry demons)
Tzeentch (tricksy changing demons)
Nurgle (dirty demons)
Slaanesh (slutty demons)

will each have their own factions as evil races.

They also said something about an ancient being seeking supreme power so to me that sounds like Nagash (undead lich) will be in the game somehow.

also they make it sound like a part of the game will be in the realm of chaos itself, sounds fun.

Awesome. I love these games. Warhammer 2 is one of the best games ever

I hope they bring more nuance to the Chaos campaign because currently its just destroy settlements and move on. Obviously Chaos is all about making the world burn but they need to make it more interesting.

I hope they bring more nuance to the Chaos campaign because currently its just destroy settlements and move on. Obviously Chaos is all about making the world burn but they need to make it more interesting.

It'd be so dope if as Chaos, when you mess with factions, you introduce types of disorder. Maybe screw with their relations and they start flaring up tensions with their neighbors. It'd be cool to see the world just spiral out of control while you're right in the middle making it happen.

It'd be so dope if as Chaos, when you mess with factions, you introduce types of disorder. Maybe screw with their relations and they start flaring up tensions with their neighbors. It'd be cool to see the world just spiral out of control while you're right in the middle making it happen.
If they make it so that depending on which god you are aligned with dictates the kind of disorder you wish to inflict upon your enemies.
For Khorne it could be that two allied armies cannot be close to eachother because it causes infighting.
Nurgle could affect population growth.
Tzeench could affect relations between factions (but maybe thats too similar to high elves influence mechanic).
Slaneesh...make the enemy focus on sexytime rather than fighting?

If they make it so that depending on which god you are aligned with dictates the kind of disorder you wish to inflict upon your enemies.
For Khorne it could be that two allied armies cannot be close to eachother because it causes infighting.
Nurgle could affect population growth.
Tzeench could affect relations between factions (but maybe thats too similar to high elves influence mechanic).
Slaneesh...make the enemy focus on sexytime rather than fighting?

Slaanesh would make people seek pleasure through sacrifice. This would affect population growth, make armies suffer attrition and disorder. Construction would also take longer since nobody is working during the blood orgy moon.

Khorne could make armies turn on allied siege partners, attack friendly armies or even switch sides to Chaos with the potential to permanently lose lords or heroes, and when they're Chaos'd up, they get huge buffs uniquely damaging to their parent faction and race.

Nurgle spreads sickness and disease, affects movement speed in battle and in campaign.

Slaanesh would make people seek pleasure through sacrifice. This would affect population growth, make armies suffer attrition and disorder. Construction would also take longer since nobody is working during the blood orgy moon.

Khorne could make armies turn on allied siege partners, attack friendly armies or even switch sides to Chaos with the potential to permanently lose lords or heroes, and when they're Chaos'd up, they get huge buffs uniquely damaging to their parent faction and race.

Nurgle spreads sickness and disease, affects movement speed in battle and in campaign.
Obviously CA should hire us.
Jokes aside, im so pumped for this. Looking forward to making my own Khorne army.

Also could this be the time where CA gives us Nagash? Maybe not at launch but later on with some dlc.

Back