GOTY 2022 Announced; Total War: Warhammer III

That's what legendoftotalwar says, but a buddy on discord was just finishing his Nurgle campaign and told me that he thought they were pretty powerful. He said spreading the plagues kept his enemies pretty weak, but he also said he doesn't play on the harder difficulties. Legend said the plagues weren't all that effective on legendary difficulty so maybe the AI gets some protection against them on the higher difficulty settings. I found the Nurgle units to be pretty good in my Undivided campaign, though I didn't have a chance to use them all yet. Think I might do a Nurgle campaign next after I finish the ogre campaign I'm working on.
That’s good to hear. I only play on normal because I stink, so Hopefully it works out. Playing on GP, and it keeps crashing, so have to wait a week or so to see if it gets better for me.

Just DL’d it, but heard they gave my boy, papa Nugs, they shit treatment… fucking hell…

looks great though. Tomorrow, I’m gonna get balls deep.

It's not that Nurgle is bad, it's that most of the other factions are super busted in comparison.

You can have a good game with Nurgle... but Skarbrand is like the most broken lord they've ever put in the game.

Skarbrand is a totally busted legendary lord in the battle with over 1000 weapon strength and on the campaign map with tons of broken mechanics. He gets a million movement points, gets more movement from winning battles and sieges, can spawn armies with half upkeep after a siege, he can heal in foreign territory while moving EVEN the chaos realms.. he also gets a stupid amount of in battle summons.

Tier 1 bloodletters and chaos warriors can beat the shit out of most other infantry at any tier and you don't even need to build a single structure to recruit them.

You can spawn like 5 or more bloodletters in any army per battle just with research. You can also get items that let you spawn even more bloodletters. Then your cultist hero can summon 3 MORE bloodletters and a bloodthirster every battle.

Anyone else playing this?

It's free on Gamepass at the moment. I'll buy on Steam once Mortal Empires releases.

I loved the intro story based campaign as Kislev but the main Grand Campaign with the Chaos portals playing whack-a-mole is a nightmare.

Just DL’d it, but heard they gave my boy, papa Nugs, they shit treatment… fucking hell…

looks great though. Tomorrow, I’m gonna get balls deep.
I finally played a campaign as Nurgle and yeah it’s not very good. I managed to win but a few things make him super hard to use. The unit roster has some really good units but overall is very slow and very inflexible. Also, in the campaign they have no money making buildings. I was struggling on money with just my main army and two half army little weak defenders for most of the game. I basically relied on money from killing stuff in the chaos realms.

Plaguebearers are great infantry though. They take forever to chew through. In fact the army is super survivable with all the attack debuffs they have which is very lord appropriate. I’ve played everything but Ogres and Tzeentch now though and I would say overall that Nurgle is worse than everyone but Cathay (who I felt was abysmal)

Back