GOTY 2022 Announced; Total War: Warhammer III

Multiple multiplayer campaigns announced. Option for simultaneous or sequential turns. Competitive and co-op modes as well.

A lot of streamers are getting early access and they're allowed to stream the multiplayer.

Chinese Total War fans currently review bombing the game on steam because they're upset that Creative Assembly gave out so many early access keys and didn't let people who preordered play sooner than release.

Chinese Total War fans currently review bombing the game on steam because they're upset that Creative Assembly gave out so many early access keys and didn't let people who preordered play sooner than release.

China is asshoe

also this game is fucking good

Someone on Reddit found some files that hint at the upcoming Immortal Empires map when it is finally released. Spoiler alert, it is absolutely fucking massive.

this is going to be epic

Games pretty fun so far, though I'll probably like it more once Mortal Empires is out. The whole race into the realm of chaos is kind of a pain in the dick.

Played it a lot the lost couple of days and I’ve had a lot of fun so far.

First game I started as Khorne and ended up throwing in the towel. I don’t understand that bloodlust meter. It’s impossible to keep it up for more than a turn or so- and when it’s down you have crippling debuffs to your growth.

Played on Kislev after that and they were fun. Didn’t finish because I started an undivided campaign.

This is where I think they kind of shot them selves in the foot. Being able to recruit and use the entire demon roster makes the prospect of playing as any of the other 4 demon armies a lot less attractive.

I really enjoyed the story bases Prologue campaign.

I'm less into this chaos portal campaign mechanic in the main campaign.

Love the Kislev faction and can't wait to play Mortal Empires with them.

Playing for free on Gamepass at the moment but I'll have to buy on Steam once Mortal Empires releases.

Don't think it's going to be Bel'akor tbh.

Just like a generic customizable Daemon Prince.
Turns out Bel’akor is the villain lol. You get him as a lord if you keep playing the campaign after beating the final mission. I am guessing somewhere down the line he will be a playable character; maybe when they unlock the whole world.

Just DL’d it, but heard they gave my boy, papa Nugs, they shit treatment… fucking hell…

looks great though. Tomorrow, I’m gonna get balls deep.

Just DL’d it, but heard they gave my boy, papa Nugs, they shit treatment… fucking hell…

I haven't heard that. The units are definitely good mixed in with your undivided army

How are the bugs in this? I watched a couple of reviews and apparantly there were some glaring bugs, especially some aspect of armies not attacking

I haven't heard that. The units are definitely good mixed in with your undivided army
On tier lists by many YouTubers I follow like legendoftotalwar and such. Though it is based on campaigns and not MP. Though that’s just what I’ve seen and haven’t had first hand experience yet.

On tier lists by many YouTubers I follow like legendoftotalwar and such. Though it is based on campaigns and not MP. Though that’s just what I’ve seen and haven’t had first hand experience yet.
List I saw had them about middle of the pack which I can see. Looks like everyone is putting Khorne as the top which I just don't get. The units are all great true, but the bloodletting meter thing makes them hard to run a campaign with imo. Maybe I just suck. Honestly can't see how anyone beats Undivided on the list though.

Played it a lot the lost couple of days and I’ve had a lot of fun so far.

First game I started as Khorne and ended up throwing in the towel. I don’t understand that bloodlust meter. It’s impossible to keep it up for more than a turn or so- and when it’s down you have crippling debuffs to your growth.

Played on Kislev after that and they were fun. Didn’t finish because I started an undivided campaign.

This is where I think they kind of shot them selves in the foot. Being able to recruit and use the entire demon roster makes the prospect of playing as any of the other 4 demon armies a lot less attractive.

It is cool to be able to use all of the demon roster, although you can really only do that if you dedicate to Undivided. The downside is that all of your other lords besides the demon prince have no way to buff other faction's demons via the red skill line, so I ended up using mostly mono-god armies other than the prince's. Even with him I limited myself to using units from 2 different gods (Tzeentch and Khorne) because you will run out of skill points before you're able to buff a wide variety of units. It did make for a pretty good army though.

I also found the demon prince pretty mediocre as a lord stat-wise, I used mostly undivided, Khorne and Slaanesh parts because his melee attack and defense were downright pitiful without devoting a bunch of body parts to buffing them. Even at the end they were not great, although he was tanky as fuck at least using the chaos armour set you unlock after dedicating to Undivided. I'll have to go back and try a caster build with him at some point, I had heroes that were casters so I figured I'd better focus on melee with him.

It is cool to be able to use all of the demon roster, although you can really only do that if you dedicate to Undivided. The downside is that all of your other lords besides the demon prince have no way to buff other faction's demons via the red skill line, so I ended up using mostly mono-god armies other than the prince's. Even with him I limited myself to using units from 2 different gods (Tzeentch and Khorne) because you will run out of skill points before you're able to buff a wide variety of units. It did make for a pretty good army though.

I also found the demon prince pretty mediocre as a lord stat-wise, I used mostly undivided, Khorne and Slaanesh parts because his melee attack and defense were downright pitiful without devoting a bunch of body parts to buffing them. Even at the end they were not great, although he was tanky as fuck at least using the chaos armour set you unlock after dedicating to Undivided. I'll have to go back and try a caster build with him at some point, I had heroes that were casters so I figured I'd better focus on melee with him.
I thought he was fine stat wise. I gave him a great axe and killed large targets with him.

I pretty much did the something but did Khorne and Nurgle for leveling him. He doesn’t have a whole lot of unit buffs anyways though so it’s not a big deal to have a few unbuffed in there. I think access to the whole roster more than makes up for his weaknesses

That's what legendoftotalwar says, but a buddy on discord was just finishing his Nurgle campaign and told me that he thought they were pretty powerful. He said spreading the plagues kept his enemies pretty weak, but he also said he doesn't play on the harder difficulties. Legend said the plagues weren't all that effective on legendary difficulty so maybe the AI gets some protection against them on the higher difficulty settings. I found the Nurgle units to be pretty good in my Undivided campaign, though I didn't have a chance to use them all yet. Think I might do a Nurgle campaign next after I finish the ogre campaign I'm working on.

I thought he was fine stat wise. I gave him a great axe and killed large targets with him.

I pretty much did the something but did Khorne and Nurgle for leveling him. He doesn’t have a whole lot of unit buffs anyways though so it’s not a big deal to have a few unbuffed in there. I think access to the whole roster more than makes up for his weaknesses

Yeah he does fine against infantry and monsters, but I think he would be outclassed by melee lords like an exalted bloodthirster.

Fair enough if you value the versatility of choosing from the whole roster for the prince's army, I'm just pretty particular about buffing most of my army with the red skill line in these games and hate having more than a couple un-buffed units in my army if I can help it.

Someone on Reddit found some files that hint at the upcoming Immortal Empires map when it is finally released. Spoiler alert, it is absolutely fucking massive.

this is going to be epic

there are place holdings for Albion, nippon, ind and Chaos Dwarfs, Araby.

also, i wonder if Hobgoblins are gonna be mercs

Back