GOTY (Game of the Year) 2020?

Game of the year 2020?

• Total voters
LOL google.
"Total sales of *insert name"
As of Nov. 12:

GoT sold 5 million copies.

Source: https://www.firstpost.com/tech/gaming/ghost-of-tsushima-becomes-fastest-selling-ps4-original-game-with-over-5-million-copies-sold-9017991.html#:~:text=Ghost%0of Tsushima became the,since its release in July.

We dont know how much TLOU sold up till now, but TLOU II sold 4 million copies in 3 days.....

Source: https://www.republicworld.com/technology-news/gaming/the-last-of-us-2-sales-drop-80-percent.html

So yeah, keep spreading BS misinformation.

TLOU II has outsold GoT, thats guaranteed. We'll wait on the yearly report, which will have TLOU II as the highest selling PS4 exclusive in 2020, with Final Fantasy VII in second place. I expect sales exceeding 15-2O million for TLOU.

As of Nov. 12:

GoT sold 5 million copies.

Source: https://www.firstpost.com/tech/gaming/ghost-of-tsushima-becomes-fastest-selling-ps4-original-game-with-over-5-million-copies-sold-9017991.html#:~:text=Ghost%0of Tsushima became the,since its release in July.

We dont know how much TLOU sold up till now, but TLOU II sold 4 million copies in 3 days.....

Source: https://www.republicworld.com/technology-news/gaming/the-last-of-us-2-sales-drop-80-percent.html

So yeah, keep spreading BS misinformation.

TLOU II has outsold GoT, thats guaranteed. We'll wait on the yearly report, which will have TLOU II as the highest selling PS4 exclusive in 2020, with Final Fantasy VII in second place. I expect sales exceeding 15-2O million for TLOU.
I'm happy for you.

The Last of Us did reach 20 million copies. I think part 2 can break 10 million.
@jojoRed.

When are the numbers going to be released.

Youve been educated, Im glad to have taught you something kid. Now actually go and play GoT before calling it the 'GOTY'.
My younger brother streams on twitch and fb. Seen him play and take his word for it and metacritic user reviews.

The Last of Us did reach 20 million copies. I think part 2 can break 10 million.
@jojoRed.

When are the numbers going to be released.
Usually after a year of the game's release.

My younger brother streams on twitch and fb.
That doesnt mean he's a judge on what's GOTY to YOU.
Seen him play and take his word for it and metacritic user reviews.
Metacritic user reviews are clearly skewed, we've gone over this on other threads. Its hilarious, a bunch of dweebs who hadnt played the game were giving it a zero on Metacritic. [Wait a minute, basically the same as you on GoT and giving it GOTY]

Good for you, if you think thats what the general players think of the game, and not the multiple Player Choice GOTYs, the game has won....

Metacritic has proven time and time again, that its unreliable for player feedback.

And yet TLOU has won more player choice GOTYs.....
Those are stupid because all they tell you is which game sold more copies. That's what bestseller lists are for. Unfortunately that's what almost all GOTY awards really are, and it's so dumb: marketing for games that need marketing the least.

The game that is streamrolling GOTY awards with 1/50th the sales these other games do...

SQ_NSwitchDS_Hades.png

Those are stupid because all they tell you is which game sold more copies. That's what bestseller lists are for. Unfortunately that's what almost all GOTY awards really are, and it's so dumb: marketing for games that need marketing the least.

The game that is streamrolling GOTY awards with 1/50th the sales these other games do...

If the first statement is correct, then shouldnt Animal Crossings be running away with Player Choice awards? Since its probably outsold more than GoT/TLOU II/Hades combined? Well that doesnt make sense now does it? How about Hades winning the same number of Player Choice awards as GoT, when GoT has probably outsold it in the millions.......

Hades is a great game, I dont think its GOTY, and its not steamrolling the awards.

Its got more GOTY awards than GoT but its trailing behind TLOU II by a huge margin.

https://www.gameawards.net/
Why are threads being derailed by TLOU fan boys lol

Thanks for everyone that mentioned Doom and FF they look good.
If correcting lies by stating facts means derailment, then yes, Im derailing....

If the first statement is correct, then shouldnt Animal Crossings be running away with Player Choice awards? Since its probably outsold more than GoT/TLOU II/Hades combined? Well that doesnt make sense now does it? How about Hades winning the same number of Player Choice awards as GoT, when GoT has probably outsold it in the millions.......

Hades is a great game, I dont think its GOTY, and its not steamrolling the awards.

Its got more GOTY awards than GoT but its trailing behind TLOU II by a huge margin.

If correcting lies by stating facts means derailment, then yes, Im derailing....

Personal opinion is not a fact and so far in this thread we have more people with a different opinion on TLOU being Goty.

I said in comparison to games with vastly more sales.

When you adjust for sales (or budget or size of studio), Hades is shitting on TLOU 2 and any other game out there. Since most GOTY awards are glorified bestseller charts wearing a suit, it's these sorts of observations that tell you the real story. The Game Awards in particular is the most meaningless GOTY award ceremony. That's pure large studio corporate marketing.

Hades by a motherfucking mile.

Haven't played a lot of the "best games of 2020" but DOOM ETERNAL blew me away and was easily my game of 2020. Improved a lot more over the previous title and after I finished it I played through the entire game again immediately after.

Haven't played a lot of the "best games of 2020" but DOOM ETERNAL blew me away and was easily my game of 2020. Improved a lot more over the previous title and after I finished it I played through the entire game again immediately after.

I can most def see that. Just an incredible shooter. Despite the addition of the platforming I felt zero lulls, just like 2016, in my excitement for pressing through the levels. Probably even more so than 2016.

I also put in a good 110 hours into Bannerlord. Really loved it. Haven't played it for months, though. Just gonna let it sit while more awesome mods get made and they take it out of Early Access. Got a real Sid Meier's Pirates "Ooooh, Ima smoke your ass, Rackham!!!!" character to it, where I kind of fall into little rivalries that are all in my head.

Crusader Kings 3 is really cool, but not too my cup of tea.

Wanna try Baldur's Gate 3, Yakuza Like a Dragon. Both look real good.

I also put in a good 110 hours into Bannerlord. Really loved it. Haven't played it for months, though. Just gonna let it sit while more awesome mods get made and they take it out of Early Access.

Too hard to get into Bannerlord?

I´m between buying Bannerlord or going for a single player with the same theme Kingdom Come.

SQ_NSwitchDS_Hades.png

Great game, put 40+ hours in it so far. Only letdown is that last stage.

Back