• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Greg Hardy is not nearly it bad as I thought he was

He looked terrible. Volkov just takes his time, and fights too safe. He does it with everyone. But by that third round, it was clear Hardy had no idea what he was doing. His striking is slow and sloppy. Volkov could see his punches coming from miles away. He would always grab the hand after he throws which is what rookies do. His face is a mess, Volkov doesn't have a scratch.

Pathetic display by the Russian not able to finish a guy that trained for 2 years or so. Too hesitant and scared to commit on any shots.

The Lewis KO still on his mind.
It’s fine, he controlled and dominated him for the entire fight.

but yes, he kept it safe, another loss after dominating the fight would’ve been too much

That was like an expert player playing against the computer in a UFC game on easy mode and intentionally not opening up.

Hardy is in the wrong division I think. They should book him vs Holy Holm so he can fight in his natural element.

It’s fine, he controlled and dominated him for the entire fight.

but yes, he kept it safe, another loss after dominating the fight would’ve been too much
He could have finished him easily if he wanted. Too much hesitation. Like you said didnt wanna risk 2 back 2 back losses.

Fighters getting KOed usually become hesitant. Hopefully he turns it around and it doesnt stick with him being trigger shy.

The only reason Volkov didn’t finish him is because of the Lewis fight, he decided to keep it safe and just scored a dominant decision win

He fought smarter. I think he beats Lewis in the rematch.

Hardy w one hand went 3 full rounds pretty easily, took all of Volkovs shots well.. it’s a division where ppl are peaking in their late 30s, he might be legit still not sure what to think I’d like to see him wrestle more

Pathetic display by the Russian not able to finish a guy that trained for 2 years or so. Too hesitant and scared to commit on any shots.

The Lewis KO still on his mind.
Volkov was hesitant, for sure he can't forget the Black Beast, but, come on, pathetic was the "A level athlete", uncoordinated, slow, awkward moves and no strategy at all.

He could have finished him easily if he wanted. Too much hesitation. Like you said didnt wanna risk 2 back 2 back losses.

Fighters getting KOed usually become hesitant. Hopefully he turns it around and it doesnt stick with him being trigger shy.
Good thing he seemed ready for 5 rounds, which is a positive thing in HW if you don’t get KOed in first 2

He lost 3 rounds to a top 10 HW and didn't get finished. It's still a victory for Hardy. If you expected him to be the GOAT, it's a crushing defeat.

Volkov was hesitant, for sure he can't forget the Black Beast, but, come on, pathetic was the "A level athlete", uncoordinated, slow, awkward moves and no strategy at all.
Exactly, if you cant finish that then there is something wrong. Volkov has 30+ pro fight and is fighting a literal can.

He could have finished him easily.

he survived 3 rounds without inhaler...

Great fight. Would watch again.

Exactly, if you cant finish that then there is something wrong. Volkov has 30+ pro fight and is fighting a literal can.

He could have finished him easily.

I guess he will be hesitant for ever, that KO got into his head in many ways o_O

I’m not a fan of Hardy at all but with some more polish and some more experience, he could be legit down the line. Volkov played this fight extremely safely though, I think any of the top 10 that are more willing to take some risks probably puts Hardy out this point. But overall, Hardy didn’t look bad, just outmatched.

Hardy looked decent, especially for injuring his dominant hand. He needs to add clinch work and take downs w/ ground and pound to his game.

he hung in there with a top five 5 guy, boxing with one hurt hand. it really just shows how weak HW is.

wow that was impressive

Sharp jap
body kicks
front leg dexterity

Picked him apart and gave him a lesson

I mean not really lol. He got outpointed by a guy with 40 pro fights and has been fighting for a decade. Volkov didn't do shit to try and finish a guy who could only throw with his left hand.

I think he acquitted himself quite well today and if he keeps progressing he might be a force to be reckoned with in the future
I was surprised how much taller Volkov was compared to Hardy. I have watched all of Hardy's fights in the UFC so far, he really has towered above everyone else, which he has obviously used to his advantage. Same with Ngannou who even made Alistair Overeem look like a midget. I think that was the first time Alistair had ever been made to look smaller.

Biggest in heavyweight find it really hard to fight somebody even bigger than themselves.

Back