Media Gregor Gillepsie (13-0): The future Lightweight champion

He's already 31 and has yet to face anyone in the top 20. This is like the slowest I've ever seen the UFC try to bring someone along.

By the way, I highly doubt he beats anyone in the top 6-7 range.

I just wanna go fishing man..... Khabib response "Yeah Yeah go catch the fish or I gonna teach you who is wrestling real king brotha"

I made a similar thread, Gillespie has the Askren/Khabib factor.

Hi, I'm Gregor Gillespie and I have cable
usa_today_10884209.1528598617.jpg

Hi, I'm Gregor Gillespie and I have Direct TV
Gregor-Gillespie-2.jpg

Last edited:
The guy is a beast . He put on a clinic against Yancy that night.
I feel sad for the uneducated fans / trolls who cant enjoy Gregor putting on a wrestling clinic in that fight , I really enjoyed him putting on a wrestling clinic that night i also enjoyed Benavidez vs Ortiz.

Dude took zero damage, he should try and get his next fight ASAP, I don't think Dana will put him in 235 because of the booing saturday night but I'm sure he could get a fight for any of the march events, they are all still pretty empty except for 235.

Calm your tits.
LW is the deepest division, it's a long way to the top.
Let's see him beat a couple of top 10s, then we can talk.
And let's see you spell his surname right, while we wait.

But he has 0 losses against the Top 10 as well. So, we don't know for sure either way.

So the OP is using his brain to think of what might happen if he were to face someone in the top 10, based off of how easily he has dominated the top 20-75 fighters in his division... and also the fact that Gillsepie was a national champion wrestler in college.

I see nothing wrong with that, as that is all we can do right now.

But Askren could get by just with his wrestling alone in those organisations. So who's to say Gregor couldn't do the same thing? On paper Gregor is a way better wrestler AND he has better hands (KO win in the UFC). It's easy to compare actually.

How exactly is Gregor a better wrestler on paper?
4-time All-American and 1-time National Champion is fantastic! No doubt. But, not as fantastic as 2-time Champion, 2-time runner-up and Olympian.
Beg your forgiveness in advance, if I totally just misunderstood what you meant!
Blessings.

How exactly is Gregor a better wrestler on paper?
4-time All-American and 1-time National Champion is fantastic! No doubt. But, not as fantastic as 2-time Champion, 2-time runner-up and Olympian.
Beg your forgiveness in advance, if I totally just misunderstood what you meant!
Blessings.
I stand corrected. I do believe he's the better wrestler from what I've seen, though. I'm sure he could have made the Olympics himself had he pursued it more aggresively.

People talking like the LW top 10 is a big deal: Gregor would do the same thing to Diaz, Vick, Pettis, Barboza, Iaquinta, Poirier and Conor.

LW aint that deep. Its just hype and big names, but the top 10 is kinda weak.

I been saying it about this guy for a while, for the RECORD i had Iaquinta AND Ferguson over LEE, both times for Al, and santos over Lee also, so the people saying that all of us are going from Lee to Gilespie are retarded, there might be a handful of Sherdog nuthuggers that are doing this, but you heard it ehre, he will be fighting Khabib-Ferguson winner new Years card
So Khabib haters jumped from the Kevin Lee bandwagon the Gillipsie's one? I like the kid and he is very good but you guys needs to stop reaching, I hope he can fight a top 5 fighter then we can talk
ying

Now this is a hype train I can get behind. Funny how no one was talking about him before this fight.

So Khabib haters jumped from the Kevin Lee bandwagon the Gillipsie's one? I like the kid and he is very good but you guys needs to stop reaching, I hope he can fight a top 5 fighter then we can talk

I've been talking about Gillespie for a while now

I predict all the Khabib haters jumping on the Gillespie train after he gets another win and Khabib thrashes Tony. Best to jump on now in advance.

I been saying it about this guy for a while, for the RECORD i had Iaquinta AND Ferguson over LEE, both times for Al, and santos over Lee also, so the people saying that all of us are going from Lee to Gilespie are retarded, there might be a handful of Sherdog nuthuggers that are doing this, but you heard it ehre, he will be fighting Khabib-Ferguson winner new Years card
You really believe he'll be fighting for the title that soon? I mean, he definitely deserves it and has the skill to do it, but the UFC are not behind this guy at all. 6 dominant fights in the UFC and still hasn't cracked the top 10. I really hope they start pushing him soon because at 31 years old, he's only getting older from here on out..

Calm your tits.
LW is the deepest division, it's a long way to the top.
Let's see him beat a couple of top 10s, then we can talk.
And let's see you spell his surname right, while we wait.
No, no it's not. Why the hell is this myth so prevalent here...? You have a completely one dimensional grappler as the champ, who got that by defeating a one dimensional 145 striker. The other top contender (Ferguson), as much as I like him, is the scrappy brawler type who's in the fringe top 15 in every other weight class. There's a complete lack of highly credentialed martial artists of any discipline, at least that have effectively translated. Kevin Lee and Gaethje are the only solid wrestlers in the top ten, Lee seems to just now be coming into his own, and is still chinny. Gaethje is the Avatar of the JBG and fights like it win or lose (this is not a compliment). Matter of fact, the only weight class weaker than LW is HW and maybe LHW, and that's sad.

I've been talking about Gillespie for a while now
That's a good call, young man! I must admit, I just hopped on the bandwagon after his last fight, but better now than before he becomes champion!

No.
Doubt he can get past the current top 5 LWs.

Back