GSP Beats Khabib ...

Who Wins (at 170) in Their PRIMES? ...

• Total voters

IronGolem007

Po Atan
Platinum Member
Reaction score
FACTS:
  • GSP has the diminished record: 26-2 (both losses avenged by finish)
  • Khabib has the better statistical record: 29-0
GSP = 5'10", 170 lb., 76" reach
Khabib = 5'10", 155, 70" reach

After just watching their last 6 fights, for each of them, I am 100% confident GSP would have beaten Khabib, no way by submission, but either by a ref stoppage or by decision.

In no universe does Khabib beat prime GSP.
And I write this as a Khabib fan (fan of both).

Thoughts?

Last edited:
FACTS:
  • Khabib has the better statistical record: 29-0
  • GSP has the diminished record: 26-2 (both losses avenged by finish)
GSP = 5'10", 170 lb., 76" reach
Khabib = 5'10", 155, 70" reach

After just watching their last 6 fights, for each of them, I am 100% confident GSP would have beaten Khabib, no way by submission. But either by a ref stoppage or by decision.

In no universe does Khabib beat prime GSP.
And I write this as a Khabib fan (fan of both).

Thoughts?
I honestly think Georges would pull off a TKO in an early to mid round. Probably by a big headkick.

Both guys also never fought regular sized humans! thats why jones is clear goat!

Huh?

155 (scaled down to), and
170 (scaled down to)

Are the MOST REGULAR sizes, of any weight divisions, that matched the sizes of regular people.

In fact, it could be argued that Jones "made his legacy on" ... OLD MWs ... rather than fellow prime LHWs.

Sit down and shaddap.

Only dare to speak "on topic" ...

I won’t make any predictions but we all win if we had a chance to witness that fight.

IMG_1652.jpeg

The poll results rn are the most sensible thing I have ever seen on Sherdog, 13-0 for GSP.

Khabib is crazy good but he never went up to 170 and the best grappler he fought is probably RDA right? The guy that can't handle the size of 170ers and got outgrappled much worse than he did against Khabib by several guys at 170..

I'd favor GSP by unanimous decision. He is too fast for Khabib. In the striking GSP has a big advantage, he is fast and dynamic, and obviously his wrestling and grappling in insane level and just grapples everyone to death. I wouldn't be surprised if GSP was the first one to start the wrestling as well, thats how he is, goes after his opponents best strength and he would gameplan like crazy and know what to do, his fight IQ is so good.

No one ever really tries to take Khabib down, the only guy who took him down twice was Tibau, who probably beat him to be fair.. but considering no one else even tries then I'd suspect GSP would be noting that and put him on the mat early'ish.

gps got crushed like a bug by matt serra whom even joe rogan towers over lol even if he won the rematch if you are goat you should never lose to an opponent like that in the first place!

GSP by better distance management.

Khabib beats the crap out of GPS and gsp taps to strikes.

Back