Media GSP is competing in a Jiu Jitsu match in December

Prime Rumble takes his head off

Too big and strong

Jon Anik must be high lol there's gotta be a more appropriate in name value and close in size opponent than this. I'm sure there will be 50 mma media articles based off this in no time unfortunately.

This is the BIG UFC Fight-Pass announcement?!? A big announcement I want from them is Multi-Live streaming egaming added to their platform. GSP doing the next Invitational is nice. I am glad Fight Pass is doing BJJ, yet this does not make up for them blowing it with Submission Underground & ADCC Submission Fighting World Federation shows I was looking forward to watching on Fight Pass.!

Idk Khabibs a brilliant grappler obviously but GnP and wrestling against the cage were such a huge part of this game, a grappling match wouldn't favor his style and methods .
Khabib has the best Jiu-Jitsu I've ever seen in the UFC. Right there with Demian Maia.
Yes, he does a lot of punching and he is great against the cage with takedowns, but in the open, his Jiu-Jitsu is brilliant.
His guard passing is unbelievable, his pressure and control are second-to-none and he is impossible to hold down.
No one has ever really had him in a bad spot in his career, whereas, we've seen Georges get submitted.
Georges's submission game is pretty limited and there are holes in his overall Jiu-Jitsu game. Great passing and great control though.
Khabib is also younger and heavier than Georges and he still trains regularly with the best guys in the world.
(None of this is a knock on Georges. He's the MMA GOAT, imo)

GPS at a new location......cool. Khabib should be his opponent.

tenor.gif
This is the match we would all wanna see. That's about the only match that would get me interested enough to watch.

Khabib would destroy George
He'd fall short of destroying him & would expose him to some extent...

giphy.gif

People lose & learn. Khabib hasn't lost, so what has he learned?

I don't think Khabib would be an option. My two choices are ones that have some kind of storyline:
- Usman
- Whittaker

This is the match we would all wanna see. That's about the only match that would get me interested enough to watch.
Me too, bro. People wanted to watch them matched up in MMA, so this would be a great clash for the fans & for both of them, too. Doubt it will happen as Khabib doesn't know how to lose & wouldn't cope, so won't take the offer if it was presented to him. Too busy wrastlin baby bears.

Me too, bro. People wanted to watch them matched up in MMA, so this would be a great clash for the fans & for both of them, too. Doubt it will happen as Khabib doesn't know how to lose & wouldn't cope, so won't take the offer if it was presented to him. Too busy wrastlin baby bears.
It's a shame, bc that's a damn grappling match and I'd be more excited and intrigued by that than I am most high profile MMA matchups. I'd possibly even sub to FP if they made it happen. Khabib is a real one though, has integrity. Even adding zeros to the check probably wouldn't sway that man.

I don't think Khabib would be an option. My two choices are ones that have some kind of storyline:
- Usman
- Whittaker
Interesting?? I don't agree, but.....

334x188

Khabib would destroy George
This is just stupid thing to say. GSP would have been a real test for Khabib, Khabib know this everyone know this. Abdulmanap (RIP) wanted Khabib to follow in GSP footsteps. GSP is greatest fighter all time, sorry brother.

Reactions: lsa
Interesting?? I don't agree, but.....

334x188
Usman because he was the most dominant WW since GSP and a great grappler in his own right.

Whittaker because he was supposed to fight GSP before he retired to unify the MW title.

Back