Rumored GSP VS Diaz rematch in talks for UFC 300

Gsp definitely isn't coming in ripped at 185. After his colitis diagnosis he is closer to walking around at 170
183-185 is his natural weight so he'd be fine if he didn't try to gain more weight to fit the weightclass like he did in the Bisping fight where he weighed closer to 200 pounds.

He wouldn't need to since Diaz is not that big and a former WW himself.

Drunk Diaz vs George St. Pialien is not one we want to see now. If they are trying to just pull stuff out of their asses give us Randy vs Fedor instead.

This is INSANE.... Weve talked about the lack of true superstars in UFC recently but this is absurd. Schaub hinted at it weeks ago. Its picked up more steam. It seems Conor Chandler is the main plan but this might be backup. YIKES

This is some Bellator washed legend main event shit

I am trying to hate it. My mind wants to hate it, but I simply cannot...
I miss those guys too much, and would love to see them again... but of course, at the time it happens, I will probably regret my choice of seeing them past their prime trying to do things they have no business trying again for my entertainment...

I really hope this doesn’t happen. One off fights are lame. Doesn’t mean anything, just nostalgia. Takes a fight card spot away from hungry active fighters.

GSP will most likely beat Diaz worse this time around who for the record probably just wants the big paycheck. He didn’t look remotely hungry or like he wanted to be there against Lawler. This fight would simply be a one off fight for GSP where he can look good against a well known name that poses little threat at this point. Might as well be an exhibition bout.

How about GSP VS Ivan Menjivar?

Nick Diaz VS Mike Wick?

Conor McGregor VS Joseph Duffy?

Artemij Sitenkov VS Bob Sapp and Rampage together in a Shirt?

1701531217675.png

Welcome to the TKO holdings era brother
Nevermind "UFC is dying" / that would clearly signal "UFC is dead"

Obviously its a weird and kinda dumb fight, but its unlikely GSP would come back at 42 after (Ping fight aside) being retired for 10 years to face someone who is actually dangerous. Its a spectacle fight pretty much, separate from actual legit fights that matter within the wider division. I dont hate it as long as its not the main event or something.

Surely this is bs right?

Its just odd….

Is this even a big PPV fight in 2024? GSP is a GOAT and Nick a legend, but most new fans barely even know who they are. Will the PPV numbers really be worth embarrassing your organization like this?

And is the UFC really that desperate for a “blockbuster” fight for 300 that they would pull such a desperate move? They still have Conor, Poatan, Izzy, Khamzat, Gaethje, Poirier, Islam, Jiri, Aspinall, Max, Stipe, etc. Surely theres enough names there to make a stacked card worthy of the 300 milestone.

GSP is tiny right now and Diaz is probably 200lbs. Not gonna happen, fake news.

Has to be bullshit.... no fucking way.... If thats the route they are going I rather see Sakuraba vs Wanderlei 3 at pickle ball
Sakuraba and Wandy better not be playing dickleball on my tennis courts, I'll hit a tennis ball at them and run.

yeah chael had been talking about it too. And I was like “please god no”. I have big respect for both men but they should not be headlining a ufc card in 2024, let alone a hallmark event like 300. But goes to show how badly they’ve booked themselves into a corner leading up to it. I’m hoping it’s false rumours.

if Dana booked GSP vs Khabib, I'd say OK, that's something....but this is some dingleberry

Back