Gustafsson, Reyes, Santos....lol

Jon Jones has fought against Alexander Gustafsson, Dominick Reyes, and Thiago Santos. In those fights:

Alexander Gustafsson: He fought Jon Jones twice. Their first fight went to a decision, which means it went all five championship rounds, and Jones won by unanimous decision. Their second fight, however, was a knockout win for Jones in the third round. So, Gustafsson technically didn't win any championship rounds against Jones.

Dominick Reyes: Reyes fought Jones for the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship. Their fight went to a decision, lasting all five rounds. However, the judges awarded the victory to Jones, so Reyes also didn't win any championship rounds against him.

Thiago Santos: Santos fought Jones for the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship as well. Their fight also went to a decision and lasted all five rounds. However, the judges gave the victory to Jones, so Santos didn't win any championship rounds either.

So, among these three fighters, none of them won any championship rounds against Jon Jones.
Could be wrong but I think by championship rounds he means rounds 4&5. So any or all of them could have had either or even both rounds scored in their favor and still have had the fight scored for Jones.

Having said that I haven’t seen any of them in a while and wouldn’t be confident enough to give a round by round breakdown without revisiting them.

Gustqfson fight felt close, only watched once, didn't have a clear opinion on who won. Looked like Gus could get it too.

Reyes won 3 rounds, didn't he pretty clearly won 1-3 ? He didn't hurt Jones bad but if I remember corectly he scored the points 3/5 rounds.

I def have Jon beating Thiago. Thiago probably injured his kneeds throwing a kick bad. But jones kept hammering his knees with kicks and to me clearly won on damage. Thiago was never the same after, double knee surgery. Good case for knee kicks to be banned. Def score that Jones

Could be wrong but I think by championship rounds he means rounds 4&5. So any or all of them could have had either or even both rounds scored in their favor and still have had the fight scored for Jones.

Having said that I haven’t seen any of them in a while and wouldn’t be confident enough to give a round by round breakdown without revisiting them.

I was just lazy and didn't wanna hop into my work's chatgtp so I used my free account.

I think Jones hasn't lost a championship round in those fight but not 100% sure.

All together, between these 3 fighters who "beat" lol, jon jones, how many championship rounds did they win?
I didnt know the championship rounds counted for extra

Also, Gus rd 4 shouldve been a 10-10. Gus was winning the majority of the round until the elbow, and Jones wasn't nearly as close to a finish as people/the commentators made it out to be. Gus recovered just fine well before the bell rang, go rewatch the fight

I think it speaks volumes to Jones skill and adaptability. Even when faced with a difficult and unfamiliar stylistical match up, he'll have figured it out by the championship rojnds.
Or it could just be has more 5 rd experience than the up and coming contenders which is why they gas in those rounds and not Jones adapting

Reyes was robbed. Gustafson was a war that could have went either way. Santos clearly lost a decision with his gravy legs, but it's the only time a judge scored it not for Jones. 🧐

I feel like Reyes was mentally defeated after that "loss". Imagine beating the greatest to ever do it and getting cucked out of a decision. Santos and Gus are just another couple of fighters that would of killed it and would have a champ potential today but were fucked over by fighting in the tightest era in lhw history.

Jon Jones has fought against Alexander Gustafsson, Dominick Reyes, and Thiago Santos. In those fights:

Alexander Gustafsson: He fought Jon Jones twice. Their first fight went to a decision, which means it went all five championship rounds, and Jones won by unanimous decision. Their second fight, however, was a knockout win for Jones in the third round. So, Gustafsson technically didn't win any championship rounds against Jones.

Dominick Reyes: Reyes fought Jones for the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship. Their fight went to a decision, lasting all five rounds. However, the judges awarded the victory to Jones, so Reyes also didn't win any championship rounds against him.

Thiago Santos: Santos fought Jones for the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship as well. Their fight also went to a decision and lasted all five rounds. However, the judges gave the victory to Jones, so Santos didn't win any championship rounds either.

So, among these three fighters, none of them won any championship rounds against Jon Jones.
I don't think your AI knows what a championship round is. Santos picked up at least 1 championship round, maybe two. An argument can be made for Gustafsson winning round 4 in the first fight. Although he got momentarily stunned by the spinning elbow, he was winning the round until then and also finished the round with a takedown of Jones. Reyes clearly won the first three rounds and therefore didn't need to win any championship rounds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brendan The Hybrid Schaub
Back