Guys! Did you experience your biological clock ticking?

When I was 19, my GF of the time was 27.

I was hoping to have kids early back then,
but she cheated on me and we broke up.

Been acting like a self centered man-child since.
I'm 34 now, and she's still the oldest chicks I've dated.

I like kids, and have a good $ situation to have them.
But F that, I don't think I will ever willingly have kids in my life.
Your still young.

Since most of the guys here are in their 30s and 40s. Fair question I guess.

Nope. I was approaching 30 & I had no desire to have kids but the girl I was seeing got pregnant. So, that changed when my oldest daughter was born. I was happy with just one child but the girlfriend wanted another & that produced my son. Then that girl & I split up after eight years & shortly thereafter I met my first wife who had a daughter from a previous marriage. Then my first wife got pregnant with my youngest daughter. So, I went from wanting no kids to raising four in a relatively short amount of time. Not that I complaining. I love my kids to death. But I didn't really feel the need to have them before they were born. It just sort of happened.

Eh not really. I'm 31 with 2 young kids but I never felt pressured or anything it was just time financially and mentally for us to have em. Might have more shit idk.

Not really. I knew I wanted to be a dad eventually and having kids young was more a calculated decision than a biological urge. My parents were young and I always loved the physical activities I did with my dad. I didn't want to be too old to do shit with them when they're teenagers.

Having urge to have kids and settle down?

No, but I got married at 27 and had my kids at 30 and 32. My older brother on the other hand got married at 35 and had his kids at 38 and 40 and I think he was starting to feel like he needed to really get on it.

I married young and had many kids, so no. But I watched a couple of close buddies goes through it. It was pretty hard on them actually. Nothing like it is for the ladies, but maddening none the less. At the risk of sounding patronizing I would say (as far as "settling down") you want the woman who makes you better. It sounds cheesy, but that old saying, "Behind every great man is a great woman," is pretty significant. It seems like my buddies were always looking for the perfect doll and passing up all the chicks who'd actually drive them to be something more. I lost my wife a while back and I miss that more than anything.

No, I’ve never wanted kids. I’m 43 now, so I assume if I was ever going to want kids in would’ve happened by now. Happy in a long term relationship though, so I’ve settled down in that respect. I have no desire to be single, really.

40 years old, getting in way better shape now than in my 30s

have 2 boys, will probably have at least one more kid

No, I didn't but I got married at 24 to the woman I started dating at 18.

We decided to start trying for a child when I was 26 I think as she's older than me. We had our first when I was 28 or so. So , no , I didn't feel the clock ticking. Plus, until my wife lost our first baby I was ambivalent about them. If it happened , fine , if not fine. When she told me she was pregnant the first time, I then decided I really wanted to be a father.

Not really. I’m 55 now and I can honestly say that the last 10 years of my life have been absolutely awesome. It is even better now that I retired, so I look forward to the next 20 years as well.

Didn't know you retired. That's amazing. Congratulations and enjoy your retirement.

I don't think I was born with a clock. Never wanted kids but life happens and I got a bunch of kids. Don't regret it but wish they were older so I can go back to doing my thing.

Did I? No. Do I? Yes.

I’m almost 33, and see myself aging daily. I’m also in the worst shape of my life, and having a hard time getting back into shape. Aging fucking sucks.

Trying to find a new career while I still have some youth on my side, because I’m over the shit I’ve been doing the past decade and need some type of excitement to get me out of bed in the morning.

You sound like your dealing with mild depression/ early mid life crisis

my advice is to take up Jiu Jitsu and if you’re near a large body of water get into jet skis they’re such a blast both are mood lifters

That's a womans biological clock. Men's biological clock works differently. At age 20 a man wants to stick his dick in something and ejaculate. At age 70 a man wants to stick his dick in something and ejaculate.

All that other stuff the man agrees to after he's done is to hopefully set up the next time he will get to stick his dick in something and ejaculate

I had two kids in my 20s and now I’m in my forties. Was married for over 20 years too. I do not think I will have any more kids at this point.

All the girls I know passed 30 who are still single are all losing their minds.

I'm 35 and my girls just turned 30, we've been together five years and bought a family size home earlier this year. So we've been talking about it a lot lately especially since a lot of our friends have been having kids the last few years.

I think it's a good time, at my age my parents had a 6 year old, 4 year old and a baby and I don't want to be an old Dad having my first kid at 40+.

You sound like your dealing with mild depression/ early mid life crisis

my advice is to take up Jiu Jitsu and if you’re near a large body of water get into jet skis they’re such a blast both are mood lifters
Yessir. I suffer from major depression. It’s a bitch.

I used to take Muay Thai/BBJ, I lived a 5 min walk from a good gym/school. It definitely helped, but I’ve since moved, and there is no Martial Arts schools except for karate 20 miles away.

Been going to the gym/running for last couple weeks.. just working on getting my diet in check.
Exercise is definitely the best medicine.

Back