had a seizure a few days ago

did you stop drinking for a while and then this all happened?

did you have any withdrawl symptoms such as audio or visual hallucinations during this period or did you just go to seizure straight away?

i find this confusing, in a way as there are like 4 stages before seizures. them being sleepless nights/depression/itchy skin, audio and visual hallucinations and then finally seizures.

i was always a drinker, in that i'd have drinks with friends on the weekends, and a drink or two during the week. your typical drinker, i'd say.

the sleepless nights and depression came once i found out i was out of work, and that's when i ramped up the drinking. after a week of not sleeping and drinking straight is when i noticed i couldn't stand up straight, and had to tense up my legs to not fall over. no audio or visual hallucinations for me. no itchy skin, but my skin began to smell really bad, i guess because i was sweating out all the booze i was drinking. when drunk i'd forget about the situation i was in, and once i sobered up i remembered everything and would drink again.

Glad to hear you're ok, man. Most of us go thorough hard times at some point. Stay optimistic; you'll get through this time.

Glad to hear you're ok, man. Most of us go thorough hard times at some point. Stay optimistic; you'll get through this time.

thanks man, i really appreciate everyone here who has provided kind words and support.

thanks man, i really appreciate everyone here who has provided kind words and support.

I went through a horrible bout of anxiety several years ago. Just popped back up again a few weeks ago, likely due to a combination of work stress, relationship stress, not sleeping well, etc. Point being, you’re not alone in this. PM me anytime you need to talk.

I unfortunately have severe head injuries so I’m prone to what is known as a grand malmseizure. It’s quite an episode, I’ve had them at restaurants, in bed after sex, before sex, at family events, at work. Fortunately my doctors have helped me get it under control mostly.

Here’s to hoping it was just because of the booze. Stopping suddenly can get yourself seriously hurt. Be well.

Back