Xbox HALO INFINITE discussion thread

I was truly hoping this would be Halos year to re-establish themselves as a powerhouse. After halo 4 was found lacking enough that they abandoned half of it to make halo 5, only for halo 5 to be even more of a sack of shit, combined with the budget to hire virtually anyone, I expected infinite to be an amazing game, but that gameplay was generic boring, ugly trash. Might have been pretty cool if it was released in 2012, but in todays day and age it was so out of touch with reality it was gross.

I think they should splinter campaign from multiplayer gameplay wise. If Doom proves anything, people would enjoy the...dare I say....role playing experience of BEING a badass futuristic super soldier. But then don't be afraid to make competitive multiplayer crisp, tight and minimal.

I was truly hoping this would be Halos year to re-establish themselves as a powerhouse. After halo 4 was found lacking enough that they abandoned half of it to make halo 5, only for halo 5 to be even more of a sack of shit, combined with the budget to hire virtually anyone, I expected infinite to be an amazing game, but that gameplay was generic boring, ugly trash. Might have been pretty cool if it was released in 2012, but in todays day and age it was so out of touch with reality it was gross.

I think they should splinter campaign from multiplayer gameplay wise. If Doom proves anything, people would enjoy the...dare I say....role playing experience of BEING a badass futuristic super soldier. But then don't be afraid to make competitive multiplayer crisp, tight and minimal.

8C56AA9C-F424-4965-840C-AA6F97E48B83.gif

^Microsoft Gaming Department.
They need to just let it go and develop new IP.

I wholeheartedly agree with the second paragraph (I haven't played Halo 4 or 5 so no comment on that, I played 1,2,3 and reach)

I saw the video and the way MC moved seemed so.. boring. Give him new abilities, armor upgrades, and pleeeease make him faster

It honestly seems like it might be time for MS to disband that studio. It seems like they've caused nothing but problems since I've started hearing about them but maybe I'm wrong. I know they had that huge fuck up with Halo MCC and the multiplayer. Then that Halo 5 reveal was just an absolute embarrassment. I'm not even saying fire all the people. Just split up the studio among all your new ones.

They finally did over the last few years.

Ekx1gwgWkAwW8pq.jpg

Games released ......

27159146-6666-426A-B116-336F8EDBD938.png

Last edited:

hi-m41-spnkr-1920x1080-7339e49d41254638befda38323c4d88c.jpg

hi-multiplayer-map-1-1920x1080-700e17f6883447738bf25bc750b69d32.jpg

hi-multiplayer-map-2-4k-9acaa62eec3a434faedfbd0af67dd93a.png

hi-scorpion-punch-armor-coating-1920x1080-bb912a768d394bbab1c75a0cbbd68124.jpg

hi-campaign-concept-art-1920x1080-6ed3912e47164a29b1139f93fa6e3c66.jpg

Zero confidence in 343.. but we'll see how much they can improve it from the state it was in during that disastrous game showcase.

Last edited:
I got done with Halo 4 on pc last week. What a mediocre game. Good lord. Don't much care if 5 or Infinite ever go to PC. They should've all just moved on after Reach.

I think MS would have been better off just releasing the game and giving the license to another studio or letting 343 do something new. Shit, let Obsidian make a weird Halo universe RPG or something.

I dunno, it's just hard to shake the feeling that the genre has moved on. Post Doom Eternal and Titanfall I'm not sure that I want to play a new Halo Campaign unless the story is excellent. And if I want Halo-style pvp I think I'd be better off going back to Destiny 2 for a spell.

I think MS would have been better off just releasing the game and giving the license to another studio or letting 343 do something new. Shit, let Obsidian make a weird Halo universe RPG or something.

I dunno, it's just hard to shake the feeling that the genre has moved on. Post Doom Eternal and Titanfall I'm not sure that I want to play a new Halo Campaign unless the story is excellent. And if I want Halo-style pvp I think I'd be better off going back to Destiny 2 for a spell.

I have like no urge to play fps shooters after Doom Eternal, for real. If I get the itch, I'll just move it to the ssd again. It's made Wolfenstein and all those type games obsolete for me.

First person is awesome for rpgs like Cyberpunk and immersive sim games, which are my favorite little subgenre. If Cyberpunk has some sim elements like Deus Ex, I will go crazy.

I can’t believe they still have an audience for Halo

The issue is like many projects is when do you decide to finish. You can dig yourself a huge hole that becomes almost impossible to get out. Things like level detail, story development, AI difficulty, bug fixes. Now they could be looking at months of testing.

I'll try it out since it's coming to Gamepass but that game just looks so bland and boring to me...

Back