Hand injury from punching heavy bag

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I don't know if I didn't get a good wrap that day or maybe I was being sloppy because I was tired, but after hitting the heavy bag the next morning my hand was hurting.

If you touch the middle knuckle of your hand and go down the back of your hand about an inch. That's where it hurts. I'll give it a couple days to see if it gets better before going to the doctor.

Hopefully it's nothing that requires a cast.

Any of you break your hands yet?

Same thing happened to me recently on a clinch dummy. Same part of hand. It swelled and had to take a month off training and still hurts. Hand injuries are no joke

I never hurt my hands. As a new guy yep happened the twisting your wrist cause you didn't "clench" it on impact.

Besides that only like wear and tear numbness if my finger cartilage in the mid of them. But it wasn't caused by punching only aggravates it. Sometimes.

If you can check out a doctor. They're useful.

Just 'cause one is wearing gloves doesn't mean one shouldn't be making a proper fist while paunching. Some guys will be hurting their hands all the time on account of not having that structure.

Last edited:
I don't know if I didn't get a good wrap that day or maybe I was being sloppy because I was tired, but after hitting the heavy bag the next morning my hand was hurting.

If you touch the middle knuckle of your hand and go down the back of your hand about an inch. That's where it hurts. I'll give it a couple days to see if it gets better before going to the doctor.

Hopefully it's nothing that requires a cast.

Any of you break your hands yet?
Potentially injured your bone or if you're extremely unlucky like you you picked up a tendon injury. A tendon injury is what ended my fighting career lol. I did it on a heavy bag as well. My middle knuckle has never recovered from the injury and even using an xbox controller makes my hand hurt in that knuckle. While I could have returned to fighting, by then the drive had passed me by and I just didn't care anymore.

Back