News Haney vs Ryan García DAZN PPV Golden Boy April 20th @ Barclays

I notice that Ryan was hugging his lawyer and praised him and other people in his camp but didn't mention Derrick James. I wonder if maybe they are having trouble seeing eye to eye on a lot of things and maybe Ryan will leave him too

Garcia fans what happened to him against Tank? He ate a body shot and quit (I predicted he'd finish Garcia). Never forget.

Yeah. Haney wouldn't have the power to campaign at welterweight. There are certain guys he could pick off but he shouldn't go above JWW. I always gave Ryan a puncher's chance. Even yesterday I mentioned that Haney had shown in the past that he was susceptible to the left hook in the Linares fight. I figured he'd come in fully ready to deal with Ryan's but I was wrong. If not for the knockdowns Haney wins the fight. He literally had Ryan turning his back to him. If he has an answer for that signature punch the rematch will play out the way the first fight was expected to go.
He didn't make those 3 pounds because he felt big,strong, & still fast. He knew his conditioning was there too.
If he actually makes the weight its very realistic and plausible his power and stamina won't be the same.

One dude, who is huge for the weight made it but looked compromised. Couldn't take a punch. Flat. Weak legs.
The dude who didn't do the cut looked fresher in the last rounds & was literally toying with Devin.
I notice that Ryan was hugging his lawyer and praised him and other people in his camp but didn't mention Derrick James. I wonder if maybe they are having trouble seeing eye to eye on a lot of things and maybe Ryan will leave him too
He didn't like Derrick putting his ass in check when he was still mentally breaking down while winning. Or when Derrick waved off all the yes men trying to give Ryan advice in the corner in the last round like the fight was over.
Let's also not forgot Ryan has a history of parting with mutliple good trainers when they lay down the law & tell him the truth.

this thread is even more entertaining than the actual fight somehow. there is almost nothing on earth funnier than when someone is 100% sure about something and it turns out they don't actually know shit
Only thing funnier are the people who knew even less who are now trying to pretend they thought Garcia had a chance. Or that they know anything about boxing in general. This thread and Ryan being a model on social media is attracting a lot of the Paul brother crowd...

We all watch the fights because anything can happen. If everyone could predict everything we all would be Draft King billionaires and no need to watch any fight ever.

He didn't make those 3 pounds because he felt big,strong, & still fast. He knew his conditioning was there too.
If he actually makes the weight its very realistic and plausible his power and stamina won't be the same.

One dude, who is huge for the weight made it but looked compromised. Couldn't take a punch. Flat. Weak legs.
The dude who didn't do the cut looked fresher in the last rounds & was literally toying with Devin.

He didn't like Derrick putting his ass in check when he was still mentally breaking down while winning. Or when Derrick waved off all the yes men trying to give Ryan advice in the corner in the last round like the fight was over.
Let's also not forgot Ryan has a history of parting with mutliple good trainers when they lay down the law & tell him the truth.
I have a feeling this relationship won't last that long either. Ryan likes to do things his own way and he's too dumb and arrogant to be convinced otherwise. He's a talented guy with a great punch but his mind is why he'll probably never be an elite p4p type of fighter

I have a feeling this relationship won't last that long either. Ryan likes to do things his own way and he's too dumb and arrogant to be convinced otherwise. He's a talented guy with a great punch but his mind is why he'll probably never be an elite p4p type of fighter
Yeah, but with Spence gone...AJ not coming back...Charlo uncommitted & has always moonlighted with Juan Guzman. Hell Spence may even take Martin with him in the fallout.

Derrick has a bit more incentive than ever to appease Garcia if he wants an active big name fighter getting million dollar paydays.

Life of a trainer is always interesting. One day they are the greatest thing since sliced bread... After a couple losses they get all the blame and lose all the talent. Cold sport.

Felt super awkward when Henry Garcia got racial about Bill's nappy hair & James was sitting next to him. If Derrick was still getting AJ, Spence, & Charlo checks maybe he would of knocked Henry's glasses & toupee off.

after watching the highlights, it was indeed Garcia's handspeed and power that proved too much for Haney. those are really all Garcia has but thats apparently all he needed.

Just got done watching, not sure Garcia really won, maybe a draw. The knockdowns were clutch because the rest of the fight he fought pretty ass backwards. This proves me wrong though, I was a big Garcia supporter before I saw him wait to be counted out against Tank and spring up after the count of ten. That shit rubbed me the wrong way because I spent months taking beatings on the forum trying to defend the fight and stand by my prediction that Garcia was gonna shock the world. Well, he may have cheated in this one and come in over weight, but he did the necessary thing to put himself back in the picture when I thought kid was done as a big fight name. Won at all costs and took a pretty big scalp. Kinda pulled a Salido here. Good on him. Gotta just say fuck it and get wins/fans the exciting way. He should stop acting like a fucking cunt online/while promoting though.

I'm surprised the general sentiment is that the referee saved Haney from getting knocked out.

The cleanest punch Garcia landed the entire fight was the right hook in the 7th round, after a clinch break had been ordered, and while the referee was restricting Haney's movement; effectively rendering him a static target.

DQ worthy imo.

Wasn't he stripped because he lost?
No, he didn't get beat by another 140lb fighter. So he's still keeping his 140 belt. Ryan Garcia was a welterweight last night.

I think there might have been some intentional fukery with the broadcast and media coverage to not mention it was not a championship or title fight any longer.

Good points

You know, people have been critical of Floyd Mayweather’s lifestyle with the private jets, jewelry, cars…etc But they do seem to forget that the guy works hard in the ring with “hard work and dedication” he always gloats about

Hell, we all knew that Floyd/Conor fight was a wash but it still sold over 4 million buys because he and Conor were both huge superstars in their sports and could sell the fight

Regardless, you have to put the work in and out of the ring and get the right people around you when it comes to your financial situations. Hiring yes men/women will be your downfall. Somebody has to care about you enough to pull you back from the ledge

Haney remains the paper champ.
He's also the champ of getting his ass kicked by Ryan Garcia

Back