Has a fighter ever taken a beating where you genuinely felt sorry for them?

Ortega comes to mind twice, against Max and against Volkanovski

Big Nog's fight against Roy Nelson was also pretty sad to watch. Big Nog looked and moved like a zombie, took a savage beating, including getting dropped a few times before getting stiffened

Legends getting beat down in the twilight off their careers are always sad to watch and you feel sorry for them. Examples include Fedor-Big Foot, and Saku-Manhoef

Last edited:
Yeah I felt bad for Thiago Tavares right around here...

qml57MSnewAA2ZXRawQIu6lUbChQi3G7CM1_QgDtJug.gif

(btw this isn't a loop, its a 15 second clip)

Like damn...

Khabib is a savage.

Last edited:
Maybe Hominick against Aldo. He was tough as hell but so badly outclassed and his whole head swelled up like an alien lol.

Dos Santos when he got just absolutely hammered by Cain in the rematch.

The ones where guys take five rounds of just a beat down but don’t give up you gotta feel for them.

Ortega comes to mind twice, against Max and against Volkanovski

Big Nog's fight against Roy Nelson was also pretty sad to watch. Big Nog looked and moved like a zombie, took a savage beating, including getting dropped a few times before getting stiffened

Legends getting beat down in the twilight off their careers are always sad to watch and you feel sorry for them. Examples include Fedor-Big Foot, and Saku-Manhoef
Took a beating yes. Feel sorry for him? No

Ortega deserved that, and more. After him assaulting the little nerdy Asian guy at a UFC event, he will always be a horses ass.

Some of those truck stop waitresses that Cyborg has massacred throughout much of her career are pretty sad.

Some of the early UFC guys like Ettish made you feel sad for them. They took those bloody beatings for nothing too.

I must've felt sorry at least once for some poor ammy on a local show thinking "This ain't worth not getting paid for" but they don't usually last long enough.

In the UFC, I don't think even there's been a prolonged beating where I felt bad for the guy. The closest was possibly Faber while Aldo tore his leg to pieces but even still there's a element of "that's what he signed up for".

It'll be some title fight with a challenger who's been a long timer that I know wouldn't get another shot. One where it took a lot of serendipity to just get where we're at. Let's go with Faber, Joe B and Mark Hunt's last few title fights. Would've liked them to pull a Bisping but it was never really gonna happen, was it?

Back