Has Alex Surpassed Izzy's legacy?

Winning a belt in one division, then moving up a weight class and winning a belt and defending it twice is much more impressive than defending the lower of the 2 weights 5 times. Which Alex hasn't done yet.

I say their UFC achievements are equal in terms of quality (not quantity).

Unrelated but Alex's kickboxing achievements are much greater than Izzy's though.

In conclusion, Alex's name in combat sport history is much greater if all the above is taken into consideration.
Alex is the lessor kickboxer. He got schooled bad and was only in the fight via a hometown refs charity. Fake champ if ever there was one.

Just curious, does anybody know if Pereira has the body type to even move up to HW? Its obvious he has dynamite in his fists, could he be the first 3 division champ?

If we're including kickboxing then yes it's not even close. Alex is the GOAT MW kickboxer he and Izzy rose up in the best era of the division and Alex cleaned it out, became THE guy and won the LHW title in kickboxing too. He was ranked P4P no 1 in kickboxing at his peak

1713184686710.png

Izzy was a great ranked top 5-10 kickboxer but he never even held a legit title in kickboxing and 90% of his record is cab drivers from New Zealand and China and he has Andrew Tate level kickboxing titles lol

Izzy has a more storied MMA career but Alex even did something Izzy failed to do in MMA which was 2 weight champ and Alex beat the 2 guys who bodied Izzy too

Winning a belt in one division, then moving up a weight class and winning a belt and defending it twice is much more impressive than defending the lower of the 2 weights 5 times. Which Alex hasn't done yet.

Unrelated but Alex's kickboxing achievements are much greater than Izzy's though.

In conclusion, Alex's name in combat sport history is much greater if all the above is taken into consideration.

Izzy wasn't put on a fast track against favourable opponents like Alex was, which obviously has to be factored in when comparing their current UFC resumes.

Not yet.

Alex has the intensity of achieving incredible things in a very short time. But you can't underrate how difficult is to have a long streak of title defenses in any division. To put things in perspective, only 5 male fighters have more title defenses than Adesanya in all of UFC history.

Now if Poatan beats Ankalaev we're talking, because at that point he will have basically cleaned the (admittedly poor) LHW division in record time. And if after that he goes on a victorious run at heavyweight then he is in the Mount Rushmore.

Alex is the lessor kickboxer. He got schooled bad and was only in the fight via a hometown refs charity. Fake champ if ever there was one.
I am confused on what you are trying to say.
Alex knocked Izzy out cold in their kickboxing rematch.
Also, Alex was ranked no.1 p4p in Glory at one point and held multiple titles in different weight classes.

Izzy has never won any variation of a world championship in kickboxing. and his resume of wins is shit stain compared to alex.

Title defences are fucking overrated

Izzy vsd bums compared to Alex

Poatan can potentially become triple champ while dethroning Jon jones lol
Delete your account

Defending it twice? You must be experiencing a stroke. Wth are you looking at? He only has one defense.

Adesanya has beaten more fighters on the P4P list and defended his belt 5 times and is a two time middleweight champ. And you’re comparing quality opponents? LOL quit that shit.

Izzy wasn't put on a fast track against favourable opponents like Alex was, which obviously has to be factored in when comparing their current UFC resumes.

I really doubt that matters after what we saw him do at LHW.

If Jan's wrestling couldn't do shit to Alex, then I doubt Brunson or Vettori would have been a challenge.

Brunson lol
Yoel did not even wrestle in that fight
Are you dumb? Yoel went for 3 takedowns and tried to hold him on the cage.

Brunson is more accomplished in wrestling than every opponent Periera has fought combined. Wanna try again?

Didn’t your dumbass say Israel hasn’t fought a single wrestler? I just named 2.
You must be experiencing a stroke.

If we're including kickboxing then yes it's not even close. Alex is the GOAT MW kickboxer he and Izzy rose up in the best era of the division and Alex cleaned it out, became THE guy and won the LHW title in kickboxing too. He was ranked P4P no 1 in kickboxing at his peak

View attachment 1039960

Izzy was a great ranked top 5-10 kickboxer but he never even held a legit title in kickboxing and 90% of his record is cab drivers from New Zealand and China and he has Andrew Tate level kickboxing titles lol

Izzy has a more storied MMA career but Alex even did something Izzy failed to do in MMA which was 2 weight champ and Alex beat the 2 guys who bodied Izzy too
lmao stop pretending bro, Izzy shitted all over Alex in kickboxing.

You're a kickboxing guy, you know this. And heres the proof point.

Standing 8 counts all but don't exist in pro kickboxing. They are never used. I have never seen one in decades of watching. In Izzy + Alex's 100+ pro fights there has never been one - every time they where about to finish an opponent, the ref let what was about to happen, happen.

Oh, except that one time, via a refs discretion it popped up. And when? When Izzy was destroying Alex about to TKO him... in his hometown Brazil... with a hometown ref

Thats the context of how rare it is. So it happening, is extremely, extremely dodgy. As a kickboxing guy you know this - if not please show me some pro kickboxing fight where instead of letting the finish happen, the ref steps in and cuts a standing 8 count - heck even one.

For all intents and purposes, Izzy is a MW glory champ, beat Alex that night.

and lmao, the cope, bodied Izzy? He wasn't even hurt, in both fights he was fine afterwards - even making jokes with Jan as the scorecards where read. deluded bro, come on at least base what you say on some form of reality.

I really doubt that matters after what we saw him do at LHW.

If Jan's wrestling couldn't do shit to Alex, then I doubt Brunson or Vettori would have been a challenge.

Izzy held Alex down for an entire round. The wrestlers at 185 obviously could've then.

Jan went 3 of 8 on TDs against Alex and had 7:32 of control time (half the fight). He just gassed out. He's 41 years old now and despite that it was still a close split decision.

I'm starting to wonder if some of you guys even watch or just post here.

If Pereira beats Ankalaev then it will become more of a conversation. Right now I don't think he has even proven himself to be the best 205er.

Last edited:
Delete your account

Defending it twice? You must be experiencing a stroke. Wth are you looking at? He only has one defense.

Adesanya has beaten more fighters on the P4P list and defended his belt 5 times and is a two time middleweight champ. And you’re comparing quality opponents? LOL quit that shit.
You must be retarded. read past the first sentence of each paragraph. I said "which alex hasn't done yet" but if he did it would surpass.

Also, regarding the quality opponents I was talking about kickboxing, and emphasized it. and even said it was unrelated.

Overall as a fighter yes. As an all time me Izzy has him bear by a wide margine

Izzy held Alex down for an entire round. The wrestlers at 185 obviously could've then.

Jan went 3 of 8 on TDs against Alex and had 7:32 of control time. He just gassed out. He's 41 years old now and despite that it was still a close split decision.

If Pereira beats Ankalaev then it will become more of a conversation. Right now I don't think he has even proven himself to be the best 205er.
they shertards bro, they read the results and then just take the braindead echo chamber opinion of the forum

details and nuances of fights elude most of these bozos/

Izzy has 9 top 10 wins and 5 title defenses. Poatan has 5 top 10 wins and 1 title defense, so I'm still going with Izzy.
1 title defense is still A bit misleading Alex is already 4-1 in title fights to Izzys 7-3

Also helps that Alex has two wins that Izzy couldn't get (Strickland, Jan)

Jan went 3 of 8 on TDs against Alex and had 7:32 of control time. He just gassed out. He's 41 years old now and despite that it was still a close split decision.

Oh I've watched. granted, I may have exaggerated the "couldnt do shit" part. but if you compare their performances against Jan (though it's MMA math at this point) Alex did much better, and most of us scored it for Alex. I'm curious, did you think Jan could have deserved the nod?

Also, I dont think the izzy TDs should be considered that way, since Alex also took him down. I think the striking threat had something to do with it, since both were levels above everyone else in that department. well, that is until Sean started training with Alex lol.

I'm wondering the same thing reading your post.

All of the people at lhw he's beat have held the title in the last 3 years and you're here doubting he's proved himself as the best 205er.... Lemme guess? It could be magomed ankalaev right? With his ever impressive win over Johnny walker. So spirited. Poatan could never beat walker right? Well poatan could be Jan which magomed could not do.

To act as if the man isn't proven at lhw is delusional as fuck

I'm wondering the same thing reading your post.

All of the people at lhw he's beat have held the title in the last 3 years and you're here doubting he's proved himself as the best 205er.... Lemme guess? It could be magomed ankalaev right? With his ever impressive win over Johnny walker. So spirited. Poatan could never beat walker right? Well poatan could be Jan which magomed could not do.

To act as if the man isn't proven at lhw is delusional as fuck

Pereira got luckier with the judges than Ankalaev did. A higher % of media gave Ankalaev the nod vs Jan than gave Pereira. And some of the scores were lopsided. Even Jan went to raise Ankalaev's hand after the fight.

Ankalaev I thought proved himself superior to Jan in their fight. I can't say the same about Pereira.

Last edited:
Pereira got luckier with the judges than Ankalaev did. A higher % of media gave Ankalaev the nod vs Jan than gave Pereira. And some of the scores were lopsided. Even Jan said after the fight that Ankalaev beat him.

Ankalaev I thought proved himself superior to Jan in their fight. I can't say the same about Pereira.
I couldn't agree less, I thought Ankalaev clearly lost to jan and was blessed with a draw.

Alex actually beat jan.

Nah. He set his own though. Both guys are gearing up for legendary careers.

Back