Has Alex Surpassed Izzy's legacy?

I don't even like Izzy, dude. I just know who has the better track record.
i don’t like either of them tbh, because they’re strangers to me. i’ve said before that alex is cringe with his native warrior shtick, when he’s likely 25% tops (not that it matters, but he’s claimed to be 100% native), and grew up in the city with zero connection to his supposed tribe.

setting all that aside, and setting aside izzy’s own history of cringe, imo the quality of alex’s mma career has been much more impressive, and much more enjoyable. yes, i’m aware that izzy was champ longer.

No in addition to not having an extended reign he hasn't cleaned out a division or proven himself against good wrestlers.

What makes Izzy unusual is that he came from kickboxing and is very good at shutting down wrestlers despite being lanky.
You better believe the champ will do everything he can to stay away from Ankalaev.

IMO Alex. They're 1-1 at MW with both fights being stopped. So they're even in that regard.

Alex went up in weight and won the title and that is something Izzy could not do. And he has defended that title. And I think that matters more than defenses.

Already surpassed Izzy, won a belt in 2 divisions, something Izzy terribly failed to do and he beat the dude that destroyed Izzy at LHW and has 3 wins over Izzy and again at MW he KO’ed the guy that embarrassed Izzy. Alex surpassed him by far alreafy, isn’t even up for discussion.

Already surpassed Izzy, won a belt in 2 divisions, something Izzy terribly failed to do and he beat the dude that destroyed Izzy at LHW and has 3 wins over Izzy and again at MW he KO’ed the guy that embarrassed Izzy. Alex surpassed him by far alreafy, isn’t even up for discussion.

lmao you are one deluded sherbro

"destroyed" - meanwhile in reality Izzy was joking with Jan as the scorecards are read - you want me to post the video of that?

You take away from Alex's legacy by twisting the truth

And hes some truth you obviously hate - Izzy has lit up Alex every time they have fought, Alex only surviving via the ref saving him or the luck of the bell (again I can post the vids of this)

So much so with 3 wins over Izzy, Alex was still the betting underog.

And the 4th fight, exactly the same, hit again first with nothing to save him, so ends up brutally KO'd

And in the present, its Izzy who is content with his "1" win, and Alex asking for a 5th fight, despite having 3 "wins" - I wonder why hahaha

Head to head, Alex is Izzy's son, there is no doubt about that - I'm sure Alex loves fans like you patting him on the back for his 3 "wins". You forget Alex is a pro fighter, he knows how the fights went - why you think he called out Izzy again?

Meanwhile to put this as fairly and objectively as possible, something you and the rest of these clueless shertards are incapable of doing:

You have Alex a 2 division champ, highlights over Strickland, Jiri, Izzy (I'll give him the first mma fight) and Jamal. Downside lost MW belt, Izzys son, fast tracked to title belts, paper glory champ.

Then you have Izzy's title reign, most active champ on companies history, highlights over Alex, Whitakker, Costa, Brunson, Gastellum. Downside lost to strickland, some boring fights.

Depends how you look at it, Alex could be ahead right now, depends on your judging criteria.

No. Izzy's resume in MMA is still better and he has been on top for much longer than Pereira. Pereira has done more in a shorter period of time, but Izzy still ranks higher.

I don't think so. Izzy fought against grapplers during his run. Alex hasn't , I mean Izzy body locked Alex and took him down and controlled him fairly easy .

I think people would jump off Alex bandwagon of he gets taken down , burned or gnp out. The problem is that his run lacks those grapplers.
Alex has been taken down in every fight except for the 2nd Izzy fight, Strickland, and Hill. Each time he's been able to defend himself on the ground and demonstrate the ability to recover back to his feet. He was able to do so against Jan in high altitude, and he was able to do it against Jiri. People are acting like Alex is the kickboxing version of James Toney ffs.

i don’t like either of them tbh, because they’re strangers to me. i’ve said before that alex is cringe with his native warrior shtick, when he’s likely 25% tops (not that it matters, but he’s claimed to be 100% native), and grew up in the city with zero connection to his supposed tribe.

setting all that aside, and setting aside izzy’s own history of cringe, imo the quality of alex’s mma career has been much more impressive, and much more enjoyable. yes, i’m aware that izzy was champ longer.
That's a silly thing to criticize about Alex. Why can't he be proud of his roots? Why are people just forced to forget about their culture just because they live in a city or a different place?

Getting to skip the entire division to get #1 contendership fights in two divisions while guys like Belal, Leon, Islam have got to get on double digit winstreaks just to be considered.

Yes, of course he was cherry picked pathway. It’s pretty bizzare to act otherwise.

Aljamain Sterling was in the essentially in the same position as Alex. A defending champion that got KO’d and decided to love I’llbut he was given # 8 in his new division not an immediate titleshot

Pereira is CLEARLY the recipient of favoritism

Every time I read your posts, I feel like I'm a shrink, diving into the deepest depths of delusion. Will I be able to come up for air yet again, or will literal shit invade my lungs?

One could never know unless one tries.

join date 2011, so you are probably a grown man

Posting complete utter nonsense because you got rocks in your head

"Destroyed Izzy"

Reality - Izzy is so destroyed he's joking with Jan

Pathetic bro, a grown adult making up delusions in his head because he does'nt like a fighter hes never met

Every time I read your posts, I feel like I'm a shrink, diving into the deepest depths of delusion. Will I be able to come up for air yet again, or will literal shit invade my lungs?

One could never know unless one tries.

why can't you simply take the points he's made and debate those points? (cause your'e a fn braindead shertard thats why)

Alex and Aljo both champs who lost their belts and went to a higher division? - this is correct
Aljo fought the no 8, Alex fought the no 3 in Jan

Strong case for favourtism

Then lets look at the MW run... fast tracked to the title, arguably a combo of favourtism and the fact there where few compelling fights left as Izzy had cleaned out the division

So.... very strong case for Alex being the recipient of favourtism

And I'll add one. And this is fact that you shertards can't come to grips with

In Alex + Izzys combined pro kickboxing record, over 100 fights - there has never been a standing 8 count in any of their fights... every time they where about to finish an opponent, the ref let it play out at the fight end

Except... when Izzy was about to TKO Alex for the Glory middleweight title, in Brazil, with a Brazilian ref...

Part of Izzys legacy is wanting off dogs and joking about terrorists attacking civilians in NY.

So no Alex hasn't surpassed him.

why can't you simply take the points he's made and debate those points? (cause your'e a fn braindead shertard thats why)

Alex and Aljo both champs who lost their belts and went to a higher division? - this is correct
Aljo fought the no 8, Alex fought the no 3 in Jan

Strong case for favourtism

Then lets look at the MW run... fast tracked to the title, arguably a combo of favourtism and the fact there where few compelling fights left as Izzy had cleaned out the division

So.... very strong case for Alex being the recipient of favourtism

And I'll add one. And this is fact that you shertards can't come to grips with

In Alex + Izzys combined pro kickboxing record, over 100 fights - there has never been a standing 8 count in any of their fights... every time they where about to finish an opponent, the ref let it play out at the fight end

Except... when Izzy was about to TKO Alex for the Glory middleweight title, in Brazil, with a Brazilian ref...

you replied on the wrong account, dreyga

Izzy never fought Yoel.

Wikipedia SAYS Izzy fought Yoel but there is no evidence of that fight ever happening just some doctored videos.
I’ve watched those, they look pretty suspect. We’re to believe that for 25 minutes Yoel just stood there occasionally changing stances? I call bullshit.

I would say the difference in Alex favour as a kickboxer is greater than the difference in Izzys favour as an MMA fighter.

Izzy's kickboxing career had a lot of fights but in terms of significant wins really only a couple against Belgaroui stand out compared to Alexs wins over Izzy x 2, Balgaroui x2 as well, Marcus x 2, Wilnis, Abena and Vaknithov. One was never really more than a promosing prospect, the other had a case for being the #1 P4P kickboxer for several years.

Alex has been taken down in every fight except for the 2nd Izzy fight, Strickland, and Hill. Each time he's been able to defend himself on the ground and demonstrate the ability to recover back to his feet. He was able to do so against Jan in high altitude, and he was able to do it against Jiri. People are acting like Alex is the kickboxing version of James Toney ffs.
Again I would tend to disagree that Izzy has fought against effective grapplers, he's fought some guys with wrestling backgrounds but in MMA people like Yoel and Kev have been strikers who have used their grappling defencively.

I would say that Jan is actually the most effective offensive grappler Izzy has faced, defensively Jan's grappling is questionable but offencively he has used it effectively moreso than the guys Izzy has beaten at MW.

That's a silly thing to criticize about Alex. Why can't he be proud of his roots? Why are people just forced to forget about their culture just because they live in a city or a different place?
it’s the fact that he dresses up in his face paint and loincloth for pressers. he only found out about his (mixed) heritage when he was 19. he reminds me of south park when cartman thinks his dad is chef, so he starts dressing like flava flav. it’s just cringe. i can’t imagine what people would say if dan henderson came out dressed like tatanka.

No in addition to not having an extended reign he hasn't cleaned out a division or proven himself against good wrestlers.

What makes Izzy unusual is that he came from kickboxing and is very good at shutting down wrestlers despite being lanky.

Izzy didn't clean the division out either since Poatan literally TKO'd him and took his belt, and they were in the division contemporaneously.

Alex also murder KO'd Strickland, who goes on to beat the absolute shit out of Izzy.

Winning two belts and beating that many world champions is a different type of accomplishment. Both are greats, Poatan is going to be talked about for decades.

Izzy didn't clean the division out either since Poatan literally TKO'd him and took his belt, and they were in the division contemporaneously.

Alex also murder KO'd Strickland, who goes on to beat the absolute shit out of Izzy.

Winning two belts and beating that many world champions is a different type of accomplishment. Both are greats, Poatan is going to be talked about for decades.

You can never completely clean out any division, there is always new hungry up and coming fighters waiting to get their shot.

Back