Has Bradley Cooper become the preeminent marquee dramatic A-lister?

Who is the preeminent dramatic actor of this generational period (2010-present)?

• Total voters
Honestly don't even think bradley cooper is in the conversation. Leo is the obvious choice and bale is right up there with him.

Gosling, pine, mathew mc.. lots of others I would pick over cooper.

Honestly don't even think bradley cooper is in the conversation. Leo is the obvious choice and bale is right up there with him.

Gosling, pine, mathew mc.. lots of others I would pick over cooper.
You can't be serious. I love Pine, but you can't possibly put up his dramatic silver screen filmography against Cooper's. Matt is definitely in the running.

Chris Pine
  • Celeste and Jesse Forever
  • This Means War
  • People Like Us
  • Z for Zachariah*
  • The Finest Hours
  • Hell or High Water*
  • All the Old Knives
  • Don't Worry Darling
*Not Lead Actor

Matthew McConaughey
  • Killer Joe
  • The Lincoln Lawyer
  • The Paperboy
  • Mud
  • Dallas Buyer's Club
  • Interstellar
  • The Sea of Trees
  • The Free State of Jones
  • Gold
  • The Dark Tower*
  • Serenity
  • The Gentlemen
*Not Lead Actor

From those lists, I've seen two of Cooper's movies and four of DiCaprio's. DiCaprio takes it via relevant volume.

Some of them were, it's still a great filmography, even for this period, but it's definitely trailing what Leo and Bradley have during the same period.
I think I just have a personal biased with Denzel. Lol. I just love his damn acting.

I think I just have a personal biased with Denzel. Lol. I just love his damn acting.
His performance in Flight is possibly his greatest, and one of the greatest ever given, no doubt.

Leo has been in better movies, but he just kind of plays a version of himself in every role. Cooper is better in disappearing into a role.

But like QT, I am more impressed with Chris Pine, who is underrated.
MV5BNWRjZWJkMmUtZWY5ZC00ZThiLTg3NzgtODE4MGZiMmE4NjMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMzODk3NDU0._V1_.jpg
Knives.jpg

Not a good last couple of years for Pine, terrible career choices. Maybe he should do a bunch of rom-coms to save his career.

Yeah but Cooper has those beautiful blue eyes. The kind that give you chills as he looks at you, while you're thinking "I know I shouldn't do this, but I can't deny the spell those eyes have on me." As we both kinda smirk and giggle when we realize we're both staring into each others eyes, as we poor each other another glass of wine.

Yeah but Cooper has those beautiful blue eyes. The kind that give you chills as he looks at you, while you're thinking "I know I shouldn't do this, but I can't deny the spell those eyes have on me." As we both kinda smirk and giggle when we realize we're both staring into each others eyes, as we poor each other another glass of wine.
You sound poor alright.

Cooper is good but DiCaprio is legend. His entire life has been making movies.

Cooper is good but DiCaprio is legend. His entire life has been making movies.
Plenty of child actors don't amount to much. DiCaprio is an exception, but he also isn't the only person who hustled and dreamed.

I don't think I've seen a single movie this guy is in since The Hangover.

Meanwhile, every major director seems to take a turn trying to shove Adam Driver down our throats
I never watched Marriage story because there is no chance in hell an ugly motherfucker like Driver lands Scarlett Johansson.

Back