Has Luke Thomas surpassed Helwani as #1 mma reporter?

Not in my estimation. Not sure about their relative popularity levels, though, but that would mean fuck all to me.

helwani and karyn are the only ones i'll go out of my way to watch tbh.

The only interviews(i dont look for them) that i have seen Luke do is on Glory and he is horrible. He is getting better but he stumbles to much, i think his brain acts faster than his mouth moves which causes him to screw up. I guess i like him on fight club but he his kind of annoying at times.

Not even close

Helwani is the man, to be the man, you gotta beat the man.

He's great when he isn't talking about Jon Jones.

The fact he keeps insisting people dislike Jones because of racism & not because of Jones own actions disqualifies him. Its hard to be a fan of Jon Jones the person, based on his numerous actions. Jon Jones the fighter is amazing

No. Helwani is like one of the only interviews in MMA worth watching.

I like Thomas. He's probably one of my favourite. Never really enjoyed Helwani...although it is kinda funny when he tries to start something.

I'm bumping this thread because it's more relevant now than in 2015. Luke, with all his new shows and recent success has definitely surpassed Ariel. Ariel is still the king of interviews though.

in terms of quality? i can't think of anyone.
Jack Slack has a podcast. It's pretty good. He only puts out around an 1-2hrs a week but I don't any hours of Cuck Thomas or Little Mermaid so not complaining.

I used to follow Luke a lot, but I noticed ever since Ariel left for ESPN he's been acting very cocky and border line disrespectful.
He admitted to being on a 1 year contract, I wouldn't be surprised in MMAfighting gives him his walking papers.

Is this one of those fake endorsement threads to get lots of criticism against the subject?

Is this one of those fake endorsement threads to get lots of criticism against the subject?

I've been watching Luke since his beginnings. I could tell you about his love for IPAs, his hate for yellow mustard and Shane Carwin's manager. He's my favorite person in the MMA industry, fighters included. When I created this thread in 2015, I was exaggerating but now in 2019, it does seem like Luke is the most quoted and relevant MMA reporter there is right now. Though, his competition is just really weak. Ariel is still by far the best at interviewing fighters.

Last edited:
The SJWs and hipsters are ruining mma media imo.. It's like, when the fuck did this really take off? Robin Black is so "pre" hipster it's not even funny, the guy is from the butt rock era and still is making a go at it.

But get rid of that manbun Bernie supporter Starbucks loiterer Ric. Dude is a straight homo that thinks he's cool but he's really just a dweeb that probably got shoved in lockers in high school like Helwani.

I've never laughed so hard at a post on Sherdog. Yes, Luke is definitely a SJW but that doesn't say anything about his knowledge and analysis of MMA related topics. I'm not bothered when a reporter's political ideologies don't align with mine.

Ariel tries to make the interviews about him?

Back