Opinion Has the Israel/Palestine conflict divided people in your life?

Has this conflict further divided people in your life?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. Which is odd because I live in pretty split area of Persians and Jews.

Low Key Flex.

I do find it funny that the libs here are very divided. Half of the most bleeding heart insufferable pricks want to see Palestinians dead and the other half hate the JOOS!

The dynamics are as juicy as any topic I can remember. A lot of right-wingers have also found themselves amongst the psychward clown world sect of society, while others are just sitting in perplexed silence; and then yet still there's also the overtly pro-Israel conservative contingent in the mix, firmly rolling with otherwise liberal Jews.

@NoDak and I recently had a disagreement about my fence sitter position. I'm hoping we can continue to find common ground in the national parks thread.

I'm not sure it could even be described as a disagreement. You don't need to pick a side, @BroRogan and I were merely showing you which supporting side is the most deserving of ridicule. And the behavior looks awfully similar to the same psychward clown world sect of society that has been flipping out, rioting and causing mayhem all across the country over every other radical left-wing cause for the last decade.

Exhibit A:
I'm just glad 6that I don't live in any of these shit hole cities. At what point does a protest become a riot?

The most fascinating part is watching the left splinter on this issue.

In particular because American Jewish left were actively supporting BLM marching along with then like dopes even though BLM was always anti Israel but now it's biting them in the ass.

The most fascinating part is watching the left splinter on this issue.

In particular because American Jewish left were actively supporting BLM marching along with then like dopes even though BLM was always anti Israel but now it's biting them in the ass.

They aren't merely anti-Israel; radical leftists and militant islamists are harassing and attacking Jews on the other side of the world from LA to NYC. It's doubly onerous for them considering that many of the places with the highest concentration of Jewish citizens are cities (and virtually every country in Europe) with policies that have left people all but incapable of legally defending themselves. And a lot of them voted for that too. Yikes.

They aren't merely anti-Israel; radical leftists and militant islamists are harassing and attacking Jews on the other side of the world from LA to NYC. It's doubly onerous for them considering that many of the places with the highest concentration of Jewish citizens are cities (and virtually every country in Europe) with policies that have left people all but incapable of legally defending themselves. And a lot of them voted for that too. Yikes.

You have been screaming about this for a decade already

relax mate it isn't happening

I'm not sure it could even be described as a disagreement. You don't need to pick a side, @BroRogan and I were merely showing you which supporting side is the most deserving of ridicule. And the behavior looks awfully similar to the same psychward clown world sect of society that has been flipping out, rioting and causing mayhem all across the country over every other radical left-wing cause for the last decade.
So I need to align with a douche just to avoid the double turd sandwich that is the lefties? No, thank you.

My biggest concern right now is making sure the National Park System is adequately funded, breh.
Monica.gif.

I don't know anybody who supports the genocidal ethnostate Israel and I imagine even fewer can defend them after their latest atrocities

In real life most of the people I encounter aren’t saying much. But online and via forwards I keep getting very extreme (and traumatic) opinions from both sides.

Besides seeing a couple people I know go off the rails on social media I haven’t heard anyone talk about this conflict.

I remain mostly ignorant in all the details of this war and I’m fine with staying that way.

I think my original point is backed up by this thread: the majority of us in here are white, from christian backgrounds, and sort of isolated within our suburban bliss. It has definitely skewed the poll and subsequent responses, imo.

I can’t help but thinking the response to the war has drifted into an irrational place, but I know that me getting trapped in my own perspective.

In Japan we don't even talk about it, my muslim friends from my home country supports Israel or say who cares about that focus on our country. If they were supporting Palestine and against ''innocents dying'' i would've look at their reaction when Hamas killed civilians. And trust me almost all Palestine supporters were supporting those killings so they don't give a fuck about people dying. It's about muslims dying because muslim lives matter more.

man, there's people in my life that don't even KNOW about this thing lmao.
yeah, i know a bunch of secluded weirdos.
and the women...i don't know ONE that cares about it.

Honestly, you’re going to find more people than not where things like this make them dig their heels even further into their current political beliefs. Nothing has changed from what I have seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess_bjj
Back