Has your opinion of the BMF title changed?

The UFC has never had a sports structure. Poirier getting a title shot, Colby getting a title shot, Belal not getting one, etc. Those type of business decisions are all worse than the BMF title existing imo.
100%. Which is what I don't really like it. I do like fun fights and am not a stickler, but UFC has veered too far away from sport.

The UFC has never had a sports structure. Poirier getting a title shot, Colby getting a title shot, Belal not getting one, etc. Those type of business decisions are all worse than the BMF title existing imo.
Islam would never point at the centre of the cage to throw down with a power puncher in a fight he's winning 5-0.

Maybe, but there is a precedent of them making 5 round non title fights that weren't even the co-main.

Nate Diaz vs Leon Edwards for example. This fight could have been made a 5 rounder regardless.

Both fighters have to want it though. Not sure Gaethje would agree to 5 round fights if they aren't for a title or the headliner. He's talked about how he considers each fight a traumatic experience. Preparing for a 5 round fight is much different than preparing for a 3 rounder, especially when there is a cardio discrepancy between the two fighters.

It's still not a real title, but that fight and Max's performance gave it a bit more meaning imo. Masvidal v Nate ending in a doctor stoppage and Masvidal never defending it kind of made it stupid. If it's a belt that occasionally gets defended and only all action fighters get to participate I don't mind it if it means more 5 round fights of this caliber.

Max defined it, defines it.

No one will ever top that performance, so they should give him the belt for a lifetime and never have another "BMF Event" again.

Both fighters have to want it though. Not sure Gaethje would agree to 5 round fights if they aren't for a title or the headliner. He's talked about how he considers each fight a traumatic experience. Preparing for a 5 round fight is much different than preparing for a 3 rounder, especially when there is a cardio discrepancy between the two fighters.
Not necessarily.

Like I already said, the UFC made Leon vs Nate 5 rounds and that fight was neither a main nor a co-main event.

The UFC doesn't need to make fake titles to make big fights 5 rounders.

If it means I get to see max in more bangers I'm all for it.

Nope it’s still a prop. Max got a nice Mantle piece to put next to his real ufc title, but it won’t ever mean anything outside of looking good in the display case

hasn't changed in the slightest, still think it's stupid AF. some serious WWE shit there.

To its credit the three bmf division fights have all been fairly watchable. So thats 3/3.
I guess thats the oint if the whole thing though.

No, not at all, just a meaningless souvenir.​

Last night, Max giving out that mega-ass-whoopin' was shocking AF.

I'm one of the many that fearfully thought Justin would retire Max...Violently.
Masvidal never defending it kind of made it stupid.

IIRC, no need to. Dana said it was a one time thing.​

Back