healthy foods

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
been eating very healthy lately and id like to try some new things to mix up my diet some

once a day i have a smoothie with handful spinach hand full of kale,handful of cherries,handful of blueberries or black berries 8 oz canned coconut water 2 spoons of greek yogurt 1 table spoon honey

proteins-leg quarters grilled or baked,fresh shrimp,eggs,beef, beef jerky

fats- avacado chia seeds,almonds,cashews,olive oil,real butter

carbs- steelcut oats with honey or fruit,lingunie pasta,instant rice,couscous,quinoa,

sugars- black berries,kiwi,cherries,blueberries,vanilla greek yogurt,honey

veggies,not a big fan tbh of greens but i do eat green beans like 2 times a week and once day a hand ful of spinach and kale in smoothie hopefully thats enough greens

i was asking what other foods should i add to my diet not just saying this is what i eat randomly
That's not how your post read.

There isn't one question mark in your entire post. You literally didn't ask a thing.

Check the ingredient listing for the beef jerky dude. Alot of them are high sugar, like 20%. If you get the air dried (biltong) its way better but again check and to make sure its not over loaded with salt.

Peanut butter is good. Just make sure no added crap but good fats and protein. You like fish at all? Veges I guess find what you can tolerate or hide into meals like grated carrot can be hidden in mince/tomato sauces easily.

Don't go crazy on the honey. Even though natural its basically just sugar. Not so much nutrition like a peice of fruit.

What's your specific purpose? Or just trying to clean yourself up?

Check the ingredient listing for the beef jerky dude. Alot of them are high sugar, like 20%. If you get the air dried (biltong) its way better but again check and to make sure its not over loaded with salt.

Peanut butter is good. Just make sure no added crap but good fats and protein. You like fish at all? Veges I guess find what you can tolerate or hide into meals like grated carrot can be hidden in mince/tomato sauces easily.

Don't go crazy on the honey. Even though natural its basically just sugar. Not so much nutrition like a peice of fruit.

What's your specific purpose? Or just trying to clean yourself up?
yeah id prefer to make my own jerky unfortunately no butchers around slice it thin enough they claim their machines ant do it so been getting bags of jack links i only snack on it when i cant get food

yeah i prob only have a spoon a day of honey added to my smoothie or fruit salads

just trying to eat better for now to feel better sick of feeling like crap eating junk

i hate carrots and i only like fried catfish i catch lol i can eat salmon at times maybe once every 2 weeks the smell is horrble idk its weird how i love to fish but not a fan i do however love shell fish

shrimp crawfish crab lobster

yeah id prefer to make my own jerky unfortunately no butchers around slice it thin enough they claim their machines ant do it so been getting bags of jack links i only snack on it when i cant get food

yeah i prob only have a spoon a day of honey added to my smoothie or fruit salads

just trying to eat better for now to feel better sick of feeling like crap eating junk

i hate carrots and i only like fried catfish i catch lol i can eat salmon at times maybe once every 2 weeks the smell is horrble idk its weird how i love to fish but not a fan i do however love shell fish

shrimp crawfish crab lobster

Quit posting, stop being lazy, go buy a top quality knife (or a meat slicer), turn on some tunes, and cut the damn meat yourself. Jack Links is terrible for you; Jack Links was never your friend.

Quit posting, stop being lazy, go buy a top quality knife (or a meat slicer), turn on some tunes, and cut the damn meat yourself. Jack Links is terrible for you; Jack Links was never your friend.

i have a decent full tang knife but im a horrible butcher id mess it up

I would suggest adding legumes and root vegetables. Maybe use them to offset some of your refined carbs like honey and instant rice.

Lentils, potatoes and curry are a good combo.

almond butter...goes great with honey.

fresh squeezed lemon in spring water on an empty stomach.

bone broth. I buy it in supplement form called beyond bone broth by jarrows. heat some water then mix in a scoop. there's all kinds of good stuff in there besides beef broth.

I would suggest adding legumes and root vegetables. Maybe use them to offset some of your refined carbs like honey and instant rice.

Lentils, potatoes and curry are a good combo.

i do like kidney beans but only in 2 dishes red beans and rice or in chili so maybe ill get it once every 2 weeks but i do like crowder peas/blackeyed peas

now veggie roots.. idk bout that.. lol will it drastically make a difference if not then idk if i should do that money isnt an issue atm with food so can afford to buy good stuff

i need to start eating sweet potatoes but i get lazy at times i prefer to roast them ina oven for 2 hours wrapped in tinfoil and sliced down middle stuffed with coconut oil and cinnamin

Beans and sweet potatoes are associated with longer lifespan...that's a drastic difference IMO. I won't make any athletic performance claims but they're both high quality, nutrient dense carbs and I make sure to include them in my diet.

Beans and sweet potatoes are associated with longer lifespan...that's a drastic difference IMO. I won't make any athletic performance claims but they're both high quality, nutrient dense carbs and I make sure to include them in my diet.

ehh i dont wana live after 60

Then eat like you want to live forever, have awesome health in your 40s and 50s, and off yourself on your 60th birthday.

...or eat like you wanna die at 60, be on blood pressure medication in your 40s, have a quadruple bypass in your 50s and die in fear and pain at 60.

I can see myself being active and healthy in my 70s, and I look forward to it!

How long u been eating like this and what changes you feel, how does it effect you?

Thank you! It's very interesting! I'll try it with pleasure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back