Movies Henry Cavill vs. Christopher Reeve - Who played Superman the best?

Who played Superman the best?

• Total voters
Christopher Reeves not only was he great Superman but a great Clark Kent.

He's a Julliard graduate, not a surprise he can pull off both characters and than top it off the dark Superman character in Superman 3. He showcased his acting skills in those scenes. Very underrated actor.

Not even close - Reeve.

I like Henry as a person and I think he’s a perfectly fine Superman but it should have been lighthearted instead of dark.

I rewatched all of the Reeve Superman’s in 4k somewhat recently and Reeve is just tremendous. He looks the part, the costume is perfect and most importantly, he nails the personality, temperament and naivety.

He’s completely believable as both Clark and Superman. When he’s in disguise, he’s still handsome but he’s so shy and boyish that he slips into the background and no one would notice.

Just the perfect Supes and he will never be topped.

What kinda question is this? Reeves 100000000000000%

FFS Cavil isn't even playing Superman in those movies.

Also want Margot Kidder was the best Lois Lane
And they had great chemistry with each other.

Also think. Clancy Brown was a great Lex Luthor in Superman Animated series too bad he couldn't do it in live action.

Not even close - Reeve.

I like Henry as a person and I think he’s a perfectly fine Superman but it should have been lighthearted instead of dark.

I rewatched all of the Reeve Superman’s in 4k somewhat recently and Reeve is just tremendous. He looks the part, the costume is perfect and most importantly, he nails the personality, temperament and naivety.

He’s completely believable as both Clark and Superman. When he’s in disguise, he’s still handsome but he’s so shy and boyish that he slips into the background and no one would notice.

Just the perfect Supes and he will never be topped.
Is there even a movie on Supes remotely close to as good as Superman 2 ?

Back