hey. guys... didnt this forum used to...???

I know it was but now it don't

If I had to theorize:

Pre social media this forum was a way for fighters to interact with fans and self promote. More fighters posting on here got the site more money..er traffic. Naturally, the powers that e would want to keep the hate and trolling down so they would continue to post here, and come down hard with the Hammer.

Now with social media, the fighters don't need forums to interact, so Mods ruthlessly smashing down fighter bashers would be killing user numbers on an already aging internet medium.

Mods used to enforce the fighter bashing rule but it seems they gave that up a while ago.
LMAO at "no fighter bashing". A noble and quaint memory of a bygone era when the fighters were held in almost reverential regard. I remember those days, must have been a good 15 years since it meant anything.

Now its part of the language of this place.

Also, as soon as "shoop" became a thing the concept became basically meaningless. Some of the mods are 'shoop' aka fighter mocking experts also.

LMAO at "no fighter bashing". A noble and quaint memory of a bygone era when the fighters were held in almost reverential regard. I remember those days, must have been a good 15 years since it meant anything.

Now its part of the language of this place.

Also, as soon as "shoop" became a thing the concept became basically meaningless. Some of the mods are 'shoop' aka fighter mocking experts also.
Yeah they were revered but most importantly respected which should be the norm. They aren't at all around here anymore. I see alot of people in here praising the mods for letting them say whatever the fuck they want. It's sad. They will never know what it's like to see Tank Abbot be the first fighter to get banned from sherdog, never get to give feedback to Bas Rutten on him and his broadcast partners commentating skills, never see Jason Delucia promise to develop a MMA version of Kung Fu that will change the sport. Most importantly... never be able to call Sam Hoger sausage tits. That noble, quaint and bygone era was much better than what goes on with this legion of twats that post here now. Fuckers can even troll properly anymore. Where's Donny when you need him.

I remember the days of Sherbros getting banned for calling out fighters, that's for sure.

Fighter bashing was tolerated far less back in the day. So much less. You couldnt even insinuate a fighter might be juiced, and now you can outright say it.

I got warned for posting a video of Dana calling Matyushenko a gatekeeper. I didn't even say it, I just posted the video.

Shooping was good natured humor, sometimes coping measures for heartbroken fans, and applied equally to any fighter with zero malice.

I think they realized straight up banning accounts not only pisses said member off but everyone who get's ban hammed also tells everyone the site is shite online and IRL.

After gathering that data and realizing 90% of users are degenerates they lightened up a bit on the words.

There was probably some mod with a god complex too who would wake up in the morning and jack off finding reasons to ban people and they either got rid of him or he died.

End of the day free speech mostly prevailed.

Also mods seem pretty cool to either move my threads to correct forum or delete them when I fuck up big time.

It's eased up for sure but I think it depends on the mod to some extent. They love GSP around here. I'm a fan too but I made a comment maybe 1 or 2 years ago where I said that GSP was as clean as pre-2015 Anderson based on all indicators including testing. So insinuating that he MAY have used but we'll never know. I didn't get carded but that post got removed by a mod and the notice I got said "inappropriate fighter comment" or something to that effect. Of course back in the day, that would have gotten me banned.
My first card was making a thread asking what happened to gsps puffy nips lol. Like he had some puffy ass nipples going on and then all of a sudden it disappeared.

Use to have fighters putting curses on other fighters here now not even regular bums put curses on people

It's hard keeping track of who the mods' favorite fighters are. I've been carded for factual statements about fighters, not even trolling or anything malicious. <lmao>

1st time I got carded was for saying Jon Jones was a piece of shit fake Christian after he was in some Bud Light ad not long after being in a drunken driving accident where he hit a light pole with 2 women that weren't his baby momma in the car with him. This was also after he bragged about ratting out potheads in the past. He subsequently went on to commit 2 more DUIs including a hit and run on a pregnant woman, commit domestic violence, fail multiple drug tests for steroids/coke, so I do feel validated.

But yeah you can essentially say almost anything about a fighter now, the only recourse is maybe getting bombarded by their nuthuggers if the fighter is popular.

Is it fighter bashing if it's true?

@theufcbaddy
@Frode Falch
@Nathan LaMontagne
@biscuitsbrah

Fight me!

18f982365de8a67d5bdd657b9ba1672e.gif

Back