• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Higher status: Doctor or Lawyer?

some of the biggest ignorant dipshits i know are lawyers.
i don't one person that's a doctor i can say that about.

lawyer is a very low bar entry profession, but it does have a higher ceiling possibility, since it's a lot easier to go into high politics as a lawyer than as a doctor.

still, the higher status profession has to be doctor.

I'm going doctor but the top end lawyers end up as judges. While the top doctors become surgeons. I'd probably go judge over surgeon.

My opinion of doctors isn't all that high, but with that said I hold a higher regard for doctors. I wish that people were more skeptical of the health care field/doctors, similar to how they are skeptical of what a lawyer says. It seems strange to me at how strong some people can believe what a doctor says.

My opinion of doctors isn't all that high, but with that said I hold a higher regard for doctors. I wish that people were more skeptical of the health care field/doctors, similar to how they are skeptical of what a lawyer says. It seems strange to me at how strong some people can believe what a doctor says.
Preach it! The way some people worship every word a doctor says is hysterical.

Doctor I'd say, a person who can be a brain surgeon is highly respectful field imo.

That is one of the ultimate skills to have is to be able to do something like that.

Mom was a doctor, pops is a lawyer. Med school seems way harder. I've known people who straight up quit and those who became doctors were top of their class since high school. I've never had a stupid conversation with a doctor while some lawyers are pretentious goofs.My brother quit law school. He just got fed up with school and my sister(working full time at a uni and running her own business) passed the bar exam by reading notes given to her by friends who were studying full time.

Definitely Dr. A large portion of lawyers work as assigned prosecutors and make peanuts

Mom was a doctor, pops is a lawyer. Med school seems way harder. I've known people who straight up quit and those who became doctors were top of their class since high school. I've never had a stupid conversation with a doctor while some lawyers are pretentious goofs.My brother quit law school. He just got fed up with school and my sister(working full time at a uni and running her own business) passed the bar exam by reading notes given to her by friends who were studying full time.
Doctors spend more time to become doctors than lawyers do to become lawyers. Four years of med school and then a residency.
Curious: Since you are from successful parents, what line of work did you end up pursuing?

Doctors spend more time to become doctors than lawyers do to become lawyers. Four years of med school and then a residency.
Curious: Since you are from successful parents, what line of work did you end up pursuing?
Illustrations.

i-am-an-artist-luis-batista.gif

<DCrying>

If we're talking public perception, definitely doctors. I find it fascinating how people seem to lose all their mental faculties and turn into obedient puppy dogs the second they enter a doctor's office. Let's say you have a person that's obese and depressed. A doctor will prescribe them a pill after a rushed, 5-minute appointment where the doctor barely listens to them. The patient then gains 20 lbs and is shocked because they didn't research the pill that they took, and the doctor of course didn't bother mentioning the side-effect. Somehow the person never blames the doctor for prescribing an antidepressant known for weight gain to an obese person and never bothering to mention it could lead to that. If a doctor doesn't know why someone is sick, they never acknowledge their lack of knowledge, they simply pivot to gaslighting the patient and accusing them of having anxiety. They get away with that behaviour because society has very much put medicine on a pedestal and enshrined the concept of the doctor as something to obey unquestionably. In parallel to that, the underlying motivation for choosing a career as a doctor is often a fantasy of power, either sadistic of voyeuristic, as medicine gives the practitioner license to look, touch, and control, with their commands expected to be obeyed unquestionably. So the meek patient conditioned to obey often meets with a physician that's very much happy to bask in that power trip as much as possible.

I work with Doctors and 90% of them suck and I wanted to be a lawyer so Im going with Lawyer. Both are expensive and both can potentially save your life so they are probably about equal.

If we're talking public perception, definitely doctors. I find it fascinating how people seem to lose all their mental faculties and turn into obedient puppy dogs the second they enter a doctor's office. Let's say you have a person that's obese and depressed. A doctor will prescribe them a pill after a rushed, 5-minute appointment where the doctor barely listens to them. The patient then gains 20 lbs and is shocked because they didn't research the pill that they took, and the doctor of course didn't bother mentioning the side-effect. Somehow the person never blames the doctor for prescribing an antidepressant known for weight gain to an obese person and never bothering to mention it could lead to that. If a doctor doesn't know why someone is sick, they never acknowledge their lack of knowledge, they simply pivot to gaslighting the patient and accusing them of having anxiety. They get away with that behaviour because society has very much put medicine on a pedestal and enshrined the concept of the doctor as something to obey unquestionably. In parallel to that, the underlying motivation for choosing a career as a doctor is often a fantasy of power, either sadistic of voyeuristic, as medicine gives the practitioner license to look, touch, and control, with their commands expected to be obeyed unquestionably. So the meek patient conditioned to obey often meets with a physician that's very much happy to bask in that power trip as much as possible.
And half the time one goes to a doctor you only get to see a physician assistant. Your post made me think of this movie clip:

Back