Hill Sprints vs Concept 2 Rower

HIIT training: choose one.

• Total voters

KnightTemplar

Green(Goblin)Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you could choose either for HIIT, which one, all things being equal?

Personally, the only thing real difference between them I can see is that the Concept 2 requires a bit more skill to use than charging up a hill with your War Face on:) But I welcome other's views and experiences.

Brah you have made 5 threads on cardio in the past 4 months.

I personally like hill sprints. But I also like burpees.

go outside. doing cardio indoors is obnoxious.

go outside. doing cardio indoors is obnoxious.

Are you saying that I should do cardio outside because you don't like doing cardio inside?

I agree cardio outside is better. When I lived by the beach and could run there I could run 4 times a week and I actually wanted to. But for me and many people cardio usually sucks balls and the main thing is just to get it done. If doing i5 inside leads to doing it more or more consistently, you should do it inside.

Are you saying that I should do cardio outside because you don't like doing cardio inside?

I agree cardio outside is better. When I lived by the beach and could run there I could run 4 times a week and I actually wanted to. But for me and many people cardio usually sucks balls and the main thing is just to get it done. If doing i5 inside leads to doing it more or more consistently, you should do it inside.

exactly. if you have access to some sort of nature, then go outside. if you live in a super urban area with no forest or something, i wouldn't go outdoors either.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Basic fitness/health and GPP for Brazilian Ju Jitsu. I've been doing a fair amount of LISS running this year, so I want to switch it up and give my knees a break, as they're starting to get a bit cranky from the pounding,

Basic fitness/health and GPP for Brazilian Ju Jitsu. I've been doing a fair amount of LISS running this year, so I want to switch it up and give my knees a break, as they're starting to get a bit cranky from the pounding,
i started doing all the hard cardio with the bike after my hips were trash. if you want to save your joints and live in a big city i would avoid the traffic and choose an indoor option.

for something different and more ma specific, i am a big fan of the bas rutten audio workouts. you can do them anywhere and they kick ass pretty much. seems like nobody uses them anymore. but the intense shadow kickboxing can give some heavy doms if you are no regular striker/kicker.
the deck of cards routine with calisthenics is a really good gpp/hiit for grappling depending on your exercises.
both can interfere with your weightlifting, though.

Then if knees are an issue then the rower, a skierg, spin bike, or airdyne bike would be a good option to give your knees a rest - source me. There a load of ways you can use the rower to hit the other two energy systems (I'm understanding you're hitting mostly the Aerobic system with the long slow runs?).

I have a skierg in my apartment - also do the Speed of Sport ATP v1 ball workout - and use that. Thinking of adding a rower or bike (spin or airdyne) to just mix it up.

Hill sprints are okay if you're wanting to run a cross country race or build some strength/endurance - IMO.

Back