No Spoilers HOGWARTS LEGACY: Breaks Twitch All-Time Peak Concurrent Viewership Record (1.3m)

I found a house where a guy who makes potions is experimenting by burning liquid mercury, and is poisoning himself and his kids. There's no quest that I can find associated with it and I can't do anything to help them. He's just lying on the floor in agony.

What the fuck, game? <Lmaoo>

I finally fired this up. This game is gorgeous. My gf is a huge fan of the books/films, so I wanted to get to Hogwarts and be able to access the Village before she comes over this weekend. Does it take long to get village access, Hogsmead?

Does the house you choose matter? I heard it didn't matter much, outside some classmates that might be better than others. I chose Ravenclaw after the hat suggested it.

Last edited:
I finally fired this up. This game is gorgeous. My gf is a huge fan of the books/films, so I wanted to get to Hogwarts and be able to access the Village before she comes over this weekend. Does it take long to get village access, Hogsmead?

Does the house you choose matter? I heard it didn't matter much, outside some classmates that might be better at others. I chose Ravenclaw after the hat suggested it.
Nah, it doesn't take that long to get to hogsmede. Probably a couple hours, nothing much.

I noticed there's one quest that was very different when I seen it on YouTube. I haven't watched a full play through of a different house though so there could be more

Hogwarts Legacy Sales: $850 Million, 12 Million Units in First 2 Weeks - Variety

Hogwarts Legacy” has wingardium leviosa-ed Warner Bros. Games’ sales, earning $850 million in global sales and moving more than 12 million units in just its first two weeks post-launch on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC, according to numbers released Thursday by the video game company.

That marks the biggest global launch ever for the Warner Bros. Discovery-owned brand, with the “Harry Potter” action role-playing game also setting the Twitch record for single-player games with 1.28 million peak concurrent viewers at launch.

As Variety previously reported, “Hogwarts Legacy” opened with stunning player engagement, topping 267 million hours played from launch on Feb. 10 through Feb. 21. On Thursday, Warner Bros. Games revealed the game had broken company records with 280 million hours played to date.

Per Warner Bros. Discovery, “Additionally, there has been an increase of global franchise fan engagement overall with Wizarding World Digital garnering 300% higher traffic over the normal monthly unique visitor average for the first 10 days of February.”

“Hogwarts Legacy” sales figures were released by Warner Bros. Games just ahead of parent company Warner Bros. Discovery fourth-quarter earnings Thursday. During the Q4 earnings call, CEO David Zaslav touted the impressive returns and noted the media giant’s continued focus on Harry Potter, among its other popular IP, with plans to “take full advantage of these one-of-a-kind franchises.”
Glad it's done so well and it's likely gonna become a series.

Nah, it doesn't take that long to get to hogsmede. Probably a couple hours, nothing much.

I noticed there's one quest that was very different when I seen it on YouTube. I haven't watched a full play through of a different house though so there could be more

Thanks, just got there, it's so freaking cool. I bet it looks even better at night.

I'm not sure how you all are playing it, but with HDR on (ray tracing may have helped too) the walk to get there was really cool. The sun was coming in and out of the clouds giving an incredibly vivid scenery.

I wasn't a big fan of the films and never read the books. I always loved the world building though, thinking it would be nearer and dearer to me if I was younger when the movies came out. I'm going to have fun switching between this and Atomic Hearts over the next few weeks, two incredibly stunning game worlds.

Now that Warner has seen such massive success from this, and just announced they'll be making LOTR films again, I hope that franchise gets this kind of faithful treatment too. Imagine it focusing on the 2nd age with the real baddie Melkor/Morgath, or Sauron's first venture, in a fleshed out open world such as this.

Anyway, so far it's incredibly magical, I'm happy it's doing well.

Last edited:
https://www.darkhorizons.com/hbo-max-developing-hogwarts-legacy-series/

A new report at scoopers Giant Freakin Robot claims that an HBO Max TV series based on the just released “Hogwarts Legacy” video game, which itself is inspired by the “Harry Potter” franchise, is in development at the streamer.

The site says the series is still in the early phases and, like the game itself, it will be set well before the events of both “Harry Potter” and the “Fantastic Beasts” franchise.

the denuvo DRM for this game just got cracked. i was thinking about trying this one out. even though i know nothing about harry potter shit and really have no interest in it.

the denuvo DRM for this game just got cracked. i was thinking about trying this one out. even though i know nothing about harry potter shit and really have no interest in it.

I'm in the same boat. Never read the books or watch the movies but I'm loving the game. I'd give it a go.

So finally done with the game 60 hours in. I could have done more collectible stuff but it's pretty tedious to figure out and couldn't be bothered lol

Still though the game as a whole gets an 8/10 for me. Tons of fun with a couple drawbacks that stop it from being better.

It's definitely glitchy lol at one point I had to reload a previous save from a while back because a quest refused to start. Also one of the field guide pages didn't register and I was tearing my hair out trying to find it, until I googled it and found out it's a common issue.

I wish there was more weight to your choices. No matter what you choose things mostly stay the same.

Seeing how dark some of the side quests can get, I wish the main story had more depth. It's pretty cut and dry, good and evil stuff. They could have done more with the Isidora character and left the main choice at the end of the game a bit more morally grey. I think I would have preferred that.

Other than that I had a lot of fun with it and would definitely play a sequel if they made one.

Wrapped up Hogwarts and thought it was superb. Story and side quests never felt repetitive and the combat for as simple as it was, nailed the wizard feeling. One level in particular gave me remedy vibes (Control). But above all else, the music was something special. It was just so perfect for every occasion.

It’s not a perfect game though. Plenty of junk that got in the way. Especially early game. Devs really pushed the Merlin trials. Being locked in smaller than the island was annoying. I actually liked the class portion and wish they’d focus more on that. And of course the main story and the way it unfolded left a lot to be desired. As others mentioned, there isn't really any repercussions for you actions.

Plenty of room to grow for a dev team that put a lot of heart into the game. Maybe a 'Fable' approach would have been better but I'm not complaining as I had a blast playing it.

9/10

Incredible. Lots of PC players seem to think Denuvo doesn't work and is cracked quickly but this is not my experience at all. I found plenty of games that haven't been cracked by Denuvo. From what I read online very few people can do it and one of them charges something like $500 per game just to do it.

Have only played a little bit, but this is a pretty damn good game. Too much talking though. I've never watched any HP so you can miss me with all that

Jim Sterling, who I haven't watched one video by him since I unsubscribed a year ago, appeared in my suggestions... for a video that's a week old about Hogwarts Legacy.

jim-sterling-james-stephanie-sterling.jpg

Oh I gotta watch this.

R.921d7d2cc85115502953a5a77e9b2ece

And apparently that video is so good those that were still subscribed finally unsubscribed, and he now has fewer than 800K subscribers.

And he made a video celebrating that...

And yes, I guess he's baiting rage clicks because the first video is his most popular video in over 8 months. But that's just two views for him while I get 50+ minutes of entertainment.

I've just spent about the last 2 hours reading the YT comments on his 800K vid, hilarious and frightening at the same time. I had no idea I was actually that bored, it's insipired me to get off my arse and go out.

Jim Sterling, who I haven't watched one video by him since I unsubscribed a year ago, appeared in my suggestions... for a video that's a week old about Hogwarts Legacy.

jim-sterling-james-stephanie-sterling.jpg

Oh I gotta watch this.

R.921d7d2cc85115502953a5a77e9b2ece

And apparently that video is so good those that were still subscribed finally unsubscribed, and he now has fewer than 800K subscribers.

And he made a video celebrating that...

And yes, I guess he's baiting rage clicks because the first video is his most popular video in over 8 months. But that's just two views for him while I get 50+ minutes of entertainment.

I remember this dude. Never got into his reviews but I did know of him. Had no idea he went Trans.

How do you open locks?

How about the locks with the eye?

I played it for a couple days (won’t buy it myself). Seems pretty fun but combat is way too easy, even on hard.

Is there build variety in this game?

Back