Holloway congratulates Volk and tells him to go get the LW title and that he is the #1 P4P fighter

Makhachev vs Volk could be more exciting than Makhachev vs Oliveira. Not sure, but I don't think Volk has the chin and power to stand up to 155, he might have a speed advantage if he doesn't add more weight but that's it, we will see.

Why? He’s cleaned out 145. It’s crazy cause Max is clearly better than everyone else at 145 besides Volk and Volk is clearly better than Max. Volk will prob do really well at 155.
If Rodriguez wins that could be a cool fight although Volk could take him down and control him if he decided to.

Volk is pretty small for 155, there are decent match ups for him though. Oliveira is a winnable fight for Volk, Makhachev would be really tough for him.

It's hard to know for sure how he translates to 155 until we see it in action though.

Idk.
Oliveira is basically begging for Conor.
DW told Volk with another win over Holloway he'd let him fight for the 155 title.
And everyday that Islam doesn't sign for a TS is another day Dariush gets to be healthier.

Originally I pegged MacGregor to fight Chandler in his return fight but it looks like Chandler and Poirier want to go at it. That leaves McGregor open to fight Oliveira. Islam will fight Dariush. Volk will get a ranchers on a LW title shot.

you really think conor has any plans at LW again? Serious question. He looks very bulky these days. I think he’d rather go after WW than cut to 155 again. Plus hes talking about a Floyd rematch again. We all know the treatment conor gets in regards to title fights but I’m not entirely sure conor wants it at 155.

he hasn’t cleaned out 145 yet. Emmett, Kattar, Yair, Ortega rematch are all viable options. Cejudo is another good choice.
Cejudo is the only fight at 145 I care to see Volk compete in again. He’s so far ahead of max and max is easily the number 2 guy. I don’t see anyone besides max that Volk doesn’t finish inside 3 rounds last night. He looks unstoppable right now.

Quick, someone inform Max that Alex is moving up in an atempt to hold both titles, not leave 145 for good.

shaq_mini_blessed_holloway_ufc_236.0.jpg

War Volk.
War Max.

Sucks to see one guy lose in that rivalry.
Volk is amazing.

Can't wait to see both guys get back in there.

I thought Max was a fecking warrior last night. He had literally no chance of winning after that cut. It was running directly into his eye.
Anyone who's ever fought either MMA, boxing or other combat sports know what a cut like that can do to your vision.
He still tried and for that he has my respect.
Volk was great don't get me wrong but it's so harsh.

Quick, someone inform Max that Alex is moving up in an atempt to hold both titles, not leave 145 for good.

shaq_mini_blessed_holloway_ufc_236.0.jpg
His son is Rush. Interesting. Maybe his next son can be Heat.
Max Rush heat... Or something

Cejudo is the only fight at 145 I care to see Volk compete in again. He’s so far ahead of max and max is easily the number 2 guy. I don’t see anyone besides max that Volk doesn’t finish inside 3 rounds last night. He looks unstoppable right now.

Emmett? Yair? Both could ktfo him if he’s not careful.

he hasn’t cleaned out 145 yet. Emmett, Kattar, Yair, Ortega rematch are all viable options. Cejudo is another good choice.

Aside from Cejudo I don't think any of those match-ups sound particularly interesting...

Volk should stay away from 155.
Yep. While it’s true that Michael Chandler has been KO’d by a Featherweight before. I think Volkanovski is just too small to trouble the top guys at 155.

He’d have the speed advantage. But I doubt his power translates to 155. If Ortega can drop him and jump on the neck, Oliveira can too. And he wouldn’t be getting out of Charles’ or Islam’s submissions.

That's how I see it.

I've got no idea if Volk can translate his style up to 155, as he's already not got much reach even at 145 and he'll have new problems to solve there. But he might as well head up there- nothing left to do at 145.

Cejudo is stumbling around calling out everyone under the sun to the point he's become a running joke. You can't plan around him because he's not contracted, Dana hates him and he keeps changing course.

The only interesting fight he has at 145 he could have is Yair. It would be interesting to see if he would stand or try and grapple. Emmett is just too slow imo. Maybe Evolev in a couple fights. It would be cool to see Volk against a top tier grappler.

Back