Holloway congratulates Volk and tells him to go get the LW title and that he is the #1 P4P fighter

Emmett? Yair? Both could ktfo him if he’s not careful.
I think people are sleeping on Yair. I was very impressed by what he did against Max. He made some mistakes in there but they seem correctable. Yair has improved a lot over the past few years.

Cejudo is the only fight at 145 I care to see Volk compete in again. He’s so far ahead of max and max is easily the number 2 guy. I don’t see anyone besides max that Volk doesn’t finish inside 3 rounds last night. He looks unstoppable right now.

So did Nunes, Silva, GSP, Rousey, Barao, etc.
Lots of people have LOOKED unstoppable... until they get stopped. This is why dominant champions keep fighting and we don't just assume they beat everyone.

Max is the man - all class. However, Volk needs to fight Emmett.

Yair gets the shot if he beats Ortega, if Ortega beats Yair he should get the rematch, and Emmett should get the next crack at Volk while they wait for the winner of Yair/Ortega to heal up. Kattar still needs to win a couple more, but the Emmett fight was so close he didn’t fall back too far. Allen and topuria are good picks too though, forgot about them.
Volk is likely going to be on the shelf for a bit with his broken hand, Emmett might be the unlucky man out if Yair wins in impressive fashion, and at his age I doubt he'd be willing to sit out until what would be likely mid 2023 at earliest. Ortega shouldn't get another title shot with a 1 fight win streak, that already happened, against the same guy, despite it being such a great fight, even with a finish it would be too soon.

He is right, Usman is up there for beating a Journey man and a guy without top 5 wins, Volk has beaten much better competition.

Yair gets the shot if he beats Ortega, if Ortega beats Yair he should get the rematch, and Emmett should get the next crack at Volk while they wait for the winner of Yair/Ortega to heal up. Kattar still needs to win a couple more, but the Emmett fight was so close he didn’t fall back too far. Allen and topuria are good picks too though, forgot about them.
Really disagree on Ortega getting another title match so quick. He got absolutely devastated both attempts. Outside of a couple hail mary sub attempts on Volk he never came close. Even Max had to fight a few times to get his third crack at the title, and he was a former multi time defending champion. Ortega has 1 win in the last 4 years. Really think Brian should take 2-3 fights and really get his momentum back and focus on skill building before another shot.

Volk is likely going to be on the shelf for a bit with his broken hand, Emmett might be the unlucky man out if Yair wins in impressive fashion, and at his age I doubt he'd be willing to sit out until what would be likely mid 2023 at earliest. Ortega shouldn't get another title shot with a 1 fight win streak, that already happened, against the same guy, despite it being such a great fight, even with a finish it would be too soon.

Ah didn’t realize Volk broke his hand. Yeah that’s gonna be tough for Emmett then cause if Yair wins dominantly he’ll likely get the next shot.

Ah didn’t realize Volk broke his hand. Yeah that’s gonna be tough for Emmett then cause if Yair wins dominantly he’ll likely get the next shot.
Not sure if medically confirmed but he said he did it in 2nd round, even told his corner and they just told him to forget about it which worked a treat. Once medically confirmed though he's not fighting again till year's end I'd imagine at earliest, which is fair enough as it would be his 3rd fight this year.

So did Nunes, Silva, GSP, Rousey, Barao, etc.
Lots of people have LOOKED unstoppable... until they get stopped. This is why dominant champions keep fighting and we don't just assume they beat everyone.

How many of them came off of trilogies in which they completed obliterated the #2 guy that has been obliterating everyone else? I’m not assuming he beats everyone, I’m stating that there is zero intrigue for me to watch him fight yair or Emmett. Cejudo is the only one that peaks my interest based on his skillset and his size compared to Volk. Sure he could get caught but that’s the only chance anyone has at this point. These guys likely don’t get past max. The second best FW is now a gatekeeper because of how dominant Volk is.

Does anyone dislike Max?

It would be strange to see him getting hate. If he is not everyone's favourite fighter, you can bet he is high up on the list

There are quite a few people who don't like Max, they just only pop up when he loses, lol

How many of them came off of trilogies in which they completed obliterated the #2 guy that has been obliterating everyone else? I’m not assuming he beats everyone, I’m stating that there is zero intrigue for me to watch him fight yair or Emmett. Cejudo is the only one that peaks my interest based on his skillset and his size compared to Volk. Sure he could get caught but that’s the only chance anyone has at this point. These guys likely don’t get past max. The second best FW is now a gatekeeper because of how dominant Volk is.

How many of them beat every historical champ in their weight class and went on to be double champ? Nunes
How many of them had 11 title defenses? Silva
How many of them went years without ever dropping a round? GSP
How many of them were finishing all their opponents in round 1? Rousey
How many of them went 32 wins and 9 years undefeated? Barao

Point is, we can add qualifiers to anyone to make them seem like an exception to the rule. The fact is, all of them went on to lose unexpectedly.
In GSP's case, of course, he didn't technically lose, unless we are talking about his invincible aura from before Matt Serra.

If there is zero intrigue for you, that is fine. I won't judge you for that, but lets not pretend that far more "invincible" fighters didn't go on to shock the world by losing in huge upset fashion.

How many of them beat every historical champ in their weight class and went on to be double champ? Nunes
How many of them had 11 title defenses? Silva
How many of them went years without ever dropping a round? GSP
How many of them were finishing all their opponents in round 1? Rousey
How many of them went 32 wins and 9 years undefeated? Barao

Point is, we can add qualifiers to anyone to make them seem like an exception to the rule. The fact is, all of them went on to lose unexpectedly.
In GSP's case, of course, he didn't technically lose, unless we are talking about his invincible aura from before Matt Serra.

If there is zero intrigue for you, that is fine. I won't judge you for that, but lets not pretend that far more "invincible" fighters didn't go on to shock the world by losing in huge upset fashion.

Khabib never did. He retired while separating himself further from the pack. He’s not going to be the only exception forever. Based on volks age and most recent performance I’d say he’s leaning heavier into walking away, for the most without taking an L at FW. No one has carved their name in stone as THE next guy to even challenge him.

Max is an amazing fellow. I wish him the best.

Translation

"Please leave and let me regain the 145 belt in peace".

Back