Holloway/Porier- So tough to call

It's going to come down to who slows down first, and I'm 99.9% sure that will be Dustin. Max by TKO in the 4th.

poirier himself finished holloway years ago.

True.
I was referring more to the stand up which I believe this fight will end up being.
Both fighters have been primarily strikers in recent fights.

Max is moving up in weight and fighting a guy who is on a roll in that heavier division. I got Dustin.

It's going to come down to who slows down first, and I'm 99.9% sure that will be Dustin. Max by TKO in the 4th.

Man both dudes have insane cardio and durability. Max's chin has yet to be broken though

My gut is telling me that Max is too fast and just better, but it'll be a fun one for sure.

I think Max has got this. His striking and fight IQ is straight up better than Poirer's and I don't think Dustin will keep his cool after eating a few 1-2's.

No it's not lol, Dustin lost that 'It Factor' when he was Ko'd by MJ

Max will make this look easy. Poirier doesn't have the chin to stay in this fight long IMO

Agreed I think there are levels to this and right now Max is a level above Poirier in the striking department.

I say this having just watched Holloway vs Ortega again, his boxing is so good it's amazing to watch and at any point that Ortega tried to get him to the ground Max defended it with ease... Ortega has better BJJ than Poirier, not sure about wrestling though so let me know your thoughts!

Holloway - probably by stoppage
Poirier is good but Holloway is better. Plus he's never been stopped or been down/hurt that I know of.

Just don't see how Poirier makes it happen, with that chin of his. Even if he gets the takedown, he hasn't submitted anyone in years. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him getting guillotined trying to force the shot. Think the only route to victory would be something like the Duffy fight, with lots of pressure against the cage and neutralizing Holloway's offense. Don't see how he can keep that up for 5 rounds though.

I think this fight is a huge mismatch and max is gonna destroy him, we will see though.

tenor.gif

I told anyone that would listen that max does horribly at lightweight
I told anyone that would listen that Dustin would beat him and it would be a great performance
I was right
Apologise

MMA fans are just awful omg <45>

I bet on this for those very reasons and the fact that Holloway was moving up in weight for the first time. I thought Holloway would win but I had it a very close fight at maybe 55/45. 2/1 odds for Porier was insane.

I told anyone that would listen that max does horribly at lightweight
I told anyone that would listen that Dustin would beat him and it would be a great performance
I was right
Apologise

On what account?

he lost at LW, doesn't make him less of a p4p
Is Brian Ortega a manlet?
Fun stat
Brian Ortega has only won one round unanimously on the scorecards in his UFC career
He literally was losing almost every fight Till he wasn’t
Punching bag
Most are Manlets
Holloway is a extreme weight cutter, worse than McGregor and Khabib

I thought Max would edge it after an all out war. At no point i felt like Max would replicate what he did at fw and dust Poirier and other lws. Its a different ball game.

Fun stat
Brian Ortega has only won one round unanimously on the scorecards in his UFC career
He literally was losing almost every fight Till he wasn’t
Punching bag
Most are Manlets
Holloway is a extreme weight cutter, worse than McGregor and Khabib
Agreed with everything until Conor.

I think Conor’s weight cut was more extreme. Dude literally looked like he was knocking on deaths door step.

Back