Social Homelessness in the U.S. vs Canada

Your Account

reacted to your score
@Silver
Reaction score
It looks like Canada is also having more and more apocalyptic sightings due to homelessness situations

Maybe in the U.S. is even worse if there are more migrants than in Canada ?

Canada has insane immigration numbers, to the point that the entire country has shifted their perception on immigration.

Also, when will we admit that decriminalizing drugs and allowing open air drug markets may not be the greatest idea in the world?

Canada has insane immigration numbers, to the point that the entire country has shifted their perception on immigration.

Also, when will we admit that decriminalizing drugs and allowing open air drug markets may not be the greatest idea in the world?
cannabis should not be in that category i hope

It looks like Canada is also having more and more apocalyptic sightings due to homelessness situations

It's ramped up in the last 3 years due to the housing crisis. Same reason healthcare is overloaded. Too many new bodies, no infrastructure to support them

cannabis should not be in that category i hope
Of course. I'd even wager a lot of psychedelics are fine. But things like fentanyl, tranq, heroin, anything that leaves people looking like zombies on the sidewalks should be removed from society. It's just been shown that people are not responsible enough to use those drugs without ruining their lives and creating despair.

As much as cannabis is not a killer, every drug and homelessness statistic has gotten much worse since it was legalized.

Just sayin.
I think in France its still not legal to consume canabis but they also have those homelessness sightings just like in Canada, I think Paris is the most affected but not sure

Fucking AMAZING that you would post a video featuring a bunch of white addicts nodding off on the street and ask yourself "how can we blame brown people for this?"

Canada is in such a ridiculous situation that our major airport cities like Toronto have a serious problem with growing homelessness among legal refugee claimants.

Canada is ASTOUNDINGLY lucky that our only land neighbour is the US, and the only country close enough to reach us by sea for the average group of people is the US. Our issues with illegal immigration are therefore effectively non-existent, because otherwise we’d be a disaster.

For context, some years ago many of our major city leaders declared themselves sanctuaries at the behest of activist groups, and a few dozen Haitians walking across open fields at known points directly into our federal police’ custody strained our system so dramatically that not a single political leader has even mentioned that activist-supported position again.

As much as cannabis is not a killer, every drug and homelessness statistic has gotten much worse since it was legalized.

Just sayin.

I started seeing people shooting up heroin in broad daylight a few years before that. Never saw anything like that when I was a kid. It's part of a broader cultural change. And I guess oxycontin and whatnot didn't help.

What in the actual fuck do you mean the entire country has shifted their perception on immigration? Get bent.

What in the actual fuck do you mean the entire country has shifted their perception on immigration? Get bent.

Try not being so emotional about things you are ignorant on.

What shift has there been in perception, specifically? That immigrants to Canada need places to live like everyone else and displays our unpreparedness in the past for future population growth, but what is there to perceive about immigrants themselves, exactly?

Try arguing the actual point.

"About three-quarters of respondents agreed that higher immigration contributes to the cultural diversity of the country, and 63 per cent said the arrival of young immigrants contributes to the workforce and tax base, which supports older generations."

Is that a change in perception? In the original context you implied the majority of Canadians were coming to see immigration as a bad thing. Context? What in the actual fuck is that, hm?

Edit: to wit,

"Also, when will we admit that decriminalizing drugs and allowing open air drug markets may not be the greatest idea in the world?"

Thanks for playing. Please try again.

Oh, and LMAO at that fucking poll...

"Leger polled 1,529 people online. While the results were statistically weighted according to age, gender, mother tongue, region, education and presence of children in the household in order to ensure a representative sample of the Canadian population, they cannot be assigned a margin of error because online polls are not considered truly random samples."

ROFL

Back