Honest question, who has voted in the following types of elections

ineverpost

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
People are very upset with the government, whether you are a right winger or left winger. I'm honestly interested in knowing, have you ever participated in the following:

General election at the city level (mayor, county judge, councilmen, etc)
General election at the state level (governor, state congressional reps (not feds), etc)
General election at the federal level (president, state reps to DC, etc)

Primary election at the city level
Primary election at the state level
Primary election at the federal level

Trump is not lying when he says the issue of quarantine is up to the states and cities. The police departments are also managed at the city and state level. There is no national police force. I have never voted period, but as I get older and see more ridiculous shit happening, I am starting to regret this. People actually can create change through the democratic process at the local level. The average local voter is a 55 year old white person, and their main concern is going to be property tax. I don't think these people support police brutality but it is not on their list of concerns when it comes time to put their money where their mouth is. People need to get out and vote, and these last few months have finally convinced me to do so, even if I do not intend on permanently living where I am at.

Yes to all of them. I've participated as a voter, I've run for public office, I've helped other people get on the ballots and I've worked my local polling stations.

People need to get out and vote, especially in municipal level elections.

Yes to all of those options.

The only time I skip is when I see a local position where only one person is on the ballot (an uncontested election). I used to write in the name of an opponent and then tick that box. But, this year, I just ignored the uncontested parts of the ballot.

I vote in most elections, and if I don't vote, it's a conscious decision of refusal.

Yes to all of those options.

The only time I skip is when I see a local position where only one person is on the ballot (an uncontested election). I used to write in the name of an opponent and then tick that box. But, this year, I just ignored the uncontested parts of the ballot.

I'm going to be moving in this direction. I also think it is critically important that people participate in the primary process. You can't get any of your agenda addressed if you don't have a candidate on the ballot. People make little difference at the federal level in this process, but locally have much more impact. If 20% of people turnout for primary process, a few people can make a difference.

I'm Australian, have to vote. It's no biggie for me as i'd vote even if I didn't have to.

Most of them. In some cases I didn’t really see information between candidates for a certain election so I refrained from doing a vote on it. Local government is highly underestimated in our political climate as everything has been nationalized.

Never any primaries, as I've been a registered independent since October of 2000.

But I vote in all municipal, state, and federal elections.

All of the above. This last state/federal primary with some local ordinances on the ticket was the first I missed since 2010. I wasn't comfortable voting with Corona stuff happening even pre-stay at home orders. Thankfully the two local things went my way (yes to funding for local mental health access, no to another 1 cent sales tax for the roads)

Back