News Hooker wants 5 rounds vs Islam

I think both Khabib and Islam, having trained for so long together and having the same style, can go 5 rounds grappling comfortably (they go longer in practice, sometimes crazy lengths are common even on a lower level).

I think vs Conor he wanted to strike with him before continuing the mauling. Both want to test their stand-ups in fights and also to apply pressure, make the TD come easier.

Hooker's chance in this is not to gas. Stay at long range, threaten Islam's shots with knees and front kicks and stay away from the clinch. He has long arms for underhooks. If he gets taken down repeatedly he's not used to the top pressure. His striking becomes labored after that.

Who knows if the UFC goes with it. But this is a good 5-round fight. Hooker has cardio, at least standing.

No. Islam’s cardio is tailored for grappling, unlike hooker who is a striker. Islam like khabib can grapple for 5 rounds. Hooker can’t.

except Khabib has never grappled for 5 rounds, he always takes one round off

except Khabib has never grappled for 5 rounds, he always takes one round off

He only ever had one 5 rounder, the Iaquinta fight, he never "always takes a round off". Doesnt mean 5 rounds would disadvantage Makhachev. Islam is a different grappler than Khabib. Islam prefers foot sweeps because they are more energy efficient, Khabib didnt mind blasting singles and doubles which were much more taxing.

Would be more advantageous for Hooker.

Islam's grappling approach is more cardio draining compared to Hooker's striking approach.
Resisting wrestling attacks is much more tiring imo. Also Islam utilises lots of trips instead of explosive movements

Can someone explain why sherdoggers have such a hatred towards Islam? Just seems weird to me that in a time where the sport is filled with “prospects” that are complete hype jobs (Paddy Pimples and Sugar Shins to name a couple) that one of the legitimate prospects gets so much hate.

Can someone explain why sherdoggers have such a hatred towards Islam? Just seems weird to me that in a time where the sport is filled with “prospects” that are complete hype jobs (Paddy Pimples and Sugar Shins to name a couple) that one of the legitimate prospects gets so much hate.
Fuck the haters. Good to see Islam wants to stay active in any case, take the bobby knuckles approach and win til it can't be denied.

Not sure. Maybe Islam goes 5 rounds without issues.
But it's a reasonable GAMBLE if nothing else - to go into mostly waters Islam has only been in one time before.

notice how i stopped talking shit about dan hooker since he took the makhachev fight? he's doing and saying all the right things. if he beats makhachev (which he won't), he'll look like the baddest mf ever. I value a win over makhachev over all these other dudes imo.

That's interesting since Hooker fades badly in 5 round fights.

My guess is, most of the haters are salty ex-Tony and Conor fans who moved on to Islam after Khabib retired. The rhetoric sounds awfully similar.

You kind of answered your own question about why he isn’t popular. The casuals love loud, obnoxious types like Paddy and O’Malley and Islam is the antithesis of that. He’s also a grappler and with few exceptions, they generally aren’t as popular as strikers. Usman was never liked until he started KOing people.

hooker got straight up killed in there, landed like 2 strikes or something. Islam smashes everyone

Back