News Hooker wants 5 rounds vs Islam

Could have been 15 rounds, wouldn’t have mattered lol

All of the dumbasses on the internet who praised him for getting stranded away from his family for the next six months so he could take a horrible stylistic match up on short notice.
UFC flew out Hooker's family to the states weeks ago.

The Caucasians are neutralisers.
Shouldn't have been surprised at the result but I somehow expected hooker to put up more resistance.

This will definitely help Hooker. Islam will dodge this to secure a decision. He'll be fresh for all 3 rounds.

If Dan can weather the early storm I see this being to his benefit in 4 and 5. We know Islam's chin is glass, he will not handle being chinned late well. Too bad this fight is so close, Dan could have negotiated it in.

What's that you said? <45>

3 rounds, 5 rounds, 100 rounds...

Doesn't seem like that would matter much.

That was one of the easiest wins I have ever seen.

It being 5 rounds gives the advantage to Islam, not Hooker. Hooker's cardio isn't great, and we've never seen Islam fatigue.
Especially since being on the bottom is more taxing.

All of the dumbasses on the internet who praised him for getting stranded away from his family for the next six months so he could take a horrible stylistic match up on short notice.

Even though this was a bad matchup for Hooker and he predictably lost, it was still a wise decision to take the fight.

The UFC paid him a ton of money to for it and he suffered virtually zero damage. Islam wasn't going to beat on him for 5 rounds like Porier. Short notice softens the sting of the loss and gets him on the boss's good side.

This guy's arrogance, probably stemming from his gym filling his head with stupid shit, is fucking amazing. Cocky af going in to the Poirier fight, and again versus Chandler. 1-2 going in to this fight and trying to make demands like this and then getting eliminated like he had his legs tied together. Surely he's humbled and he won't say stupid shit anymore, but I guess we'll see.

https://www.mmanews.com/2021/10/dan-hooker-islam-makhachev-5-rounds/

I think Hooker is on to something.

It's no secret that grappling, wrestling/BJJ/clinch, are super taxing, energy saping endeavors. Trying to finish someone whether through GnP or an unsecured sub are also super taxing energy wise.

Striking is much more energy conservative as long as you don't decide to go balls to the wall from the beginning.

Hell we saw Khabib have to take off a whole round against Conor because he drained himself grappling/GnP in the second.

So here are my questions:
1. Does this increase Dan's chances at winning or not? Is he being wishful asking for 5 rounds?
2. Does this change your opinion on the outcome?
3. Does Islam/management
accept if possible?
4. Does the UFC grant?

My answers:
1. Yes it does. The only grappler I've ever seen be a good in the 5th as he was in the 2nd was Matt Hughes. A cardio freak. Khabib, Brock, Maia, Shields off the top of my head are all grappling dominant and still lose steam over a fight. I'm guessing Islam isn't any different imo.

2. Does this change my opinion? No. But it rearranged it. I went from 85% Islam win to 60% Islam win. I can see 2 things backfiring for Islam: trying to finish it early, not finishing and burning out leading a Hooker come back or Islam trying to conserve energy leading to a close fight that is left to the minds of judges.

3. No

4. No

Thoughts?

You predicted 5 rounds would increase Dan's chances of winning

<mma3>

Back