HOT TAKE: Mayra Bueno Silva is more exciting fighter than Sean Strickland

Yeah but Strickland's competition is about 20 times more impressive than whoever she is, or will ever fight.
The only argument for Sean being more exciting, cuz there's no Poatan's to potentially spark MBS out

I agree with this, but i understand TS. Strickland destroying Izzy was fun, and a pretty exciting match, but It was an outlier from usually boring Strickland.
He reminds me of Forrest Griffin a bit in that he’s winning at the highest level purely on heart and hard work. Very hespectable

Could be worse, could be leg kick jabby jab Izzy. Sean actually dragged a decent fight out of him.

It's no coincidence that the most controversial outspoken characters in MMA tend to be boring as fuck in the cage.

Strickland has simply pulled the same trick as Chael and Colby before him.

Adopt an outlandish personality to make everyone forget that they would have more fun dunking their balls into a deep fryer than watching you actually fight.
Bingo.

Summed up perfectly.

<RomeroSalute>

Alex-Pereira-Sean-Strickland.jpg
Way to give this OP nightmares....homoerotic nightmares.

I remember a lot of snoozefests from a lot of fighters... ;)

I think what it is, is that he's delivered enough microphone moments that has built up interest. He's resonated and his confidence is unwavering. All of this talk, his most recent win over Izzy, in a spectacular display of stand up that negated every weapon Izzy had, is what is driving the interest. You know at some point during the fight, he's going to talk shit. And if he's winning, he's going to talk a lot of shit. It's going to be an instant crowd reaction. He's like a Diaz in that sense. It's entertaining. He's not this monster stopper, with consecutive KOs, but he's coming off a good win over the former MW uber champ, made it look easy, dropped him, and now he's got the perfect dance partner. It will be exciting to see if DDP can take him out. he's not the most exciting, but all of the other circumstances, lead up, build up makes it exciting.

It’s so crazy to see people act like Strickland is this barnburner fighter all of a sudden. Am I the only one who remembers Strickland’s snoozefest against Uriah Hall. Or when played it safe against Jack Hermansson. Or how he went three years without a finish. Mean all but one fight of MBS’s UFC wins have been finishes. She clearly is more entertaining.View attachment 1024360
Sean has become quite defensive wizard. If you dont find that exciting, you aren’t educated on what you’re witnessing.

Who the fuck is *scrolls back up* Mayra Buno Silva?! Gtfo out of here. She belongs in a kitchen.

Strickland is far too woke.
Shouts everything like a drunk.
Talks shit ... then angry-cries when people use wit.
<WhatItIs>
Typical.
Sean is SUCH a woke warrior.

He is the king of cancel culture, even trying to cancel reporters and female fighters.

He is a masculinist, fighting against the mistreatment of poor persecuted white trash men; he wants income equality and job opportunities.

Most importantly, he eats soy several times a day- soy pancakes for breakfast, soy soup for lunch, and tofu burgers for dinner.

Back