Television HOUSE OF THE DRAGON (Renewed for Season 2, post #571)

How old is Rhaenyra supposed to be in the show?

I have a really hard time believing the hair pieces in this show.

The King mentions his 15 year old daughter so she's supposed to be 15. It seems they tried to emphasize that by having her stand on that stool. She displayed a practical wisdom by selecting someone who actually fought rather than someone from a big name house.

I don't know if I got a bad feed when I watched it On Demand on Charter Cable today but the video seemed like an old film that was slightly out of sync. It appeared a little jerky like a stop motion. I know there are certain special effects for that but I find it annoying.

I'm definitely interested in this world and the characters, but I do have some concerns.
For one, I think that things are moving entirely too fast. There hasn't really been much interaction shown between these characters to get us where we are now in Episode 2.
Is Daemon just a power hungry cunt? How much does he care about his niece and family, and vice versa...and why? Just seems like a huge jump to go from one episode where he is part of the small council, to being at another castle and proclaiming himself as the rightful heir to the throne in the following episode.

I also don't know if it's an issue with writing, or if it's just that we don't really have a clear beat on the characters yet. For the most part, they don't seem very adept at anything. The King seems slow, and there doesn't really seem to be a lot of logic behind some of the decisions made so far. At the same time, he isn't being portrayed as evil or crazy...so it's hard to see what exactly motivates his actions.

I'm definitely interested in this world and the characters, but I do have some concerns.
For one, I think that things are moving entirely too fast. There hasn't really been much interaction shown between these characters to get us where we are now in Episode 2.
Is Daemon just a power hungry cunt? How much does he care about his niece and family, and vice versa...and why? Just seems like a huge jump to go from one episode where he is part of the small council, to being at another castle and proclaiming himself as the rightful heir to the throne in the following episode.

I also don't know if it's an issue with writing, or if it's just that we don't really have a clear beat on the characters yet. For the most part, they don't seem very adept at anything. The King seems slow, and there doesn't really seem to be a lot of logic behind some of the decisions made so far. At the same time, he isn't being portrayed as evil or crazy...so it's hard to see what exactly motivates his actions.

If it's indeed 3 seasons they have a ton of material to get through. So expect it to seem to move fast

Keep watching RE Daemon - his arch is the most complex in the story.

The King is a good guy more or less. Just wasn't brought up to be a king and got the crown by happenstance.

I would compare Daemon to a Hybrid of Tyrion, Jaime, and Cercei. He's a mixed bag n depends on the day

I am still a little irked the fact that they went to confront Daemon with no plan on how to deal with his dragon.
Agree but they were raised in an era of prosperity and peace so theyre kind of dumb when it comes to combat outside if tourneys

If it's indeed 3 seasons they have a ton of material to get through. So expect it to seem to move fast

The King is a good guy more or less. Just wasn't brought up to be a king and got the crown by happenstance.
Who was supposed to be the king?

I remember thinking to self that Rhanreys girl is pretty cute then slaping my self for being a fucking perv. Then I looked it up an she's really 22 in real life so all good. <{jackyeah}>

I've been hoping to see more of her <GOT2>{<redford}<{jackyeah}><[analyzed}> but we probably won't.<Huh2>

is this worth watching if i enjoyed the early seasons of GoT and then absolutely detested the ending?

I also hate woke shit. how woke is this?

The King is a good guy more or less. Just wasn't brought up to be one and got the crown by happenstance.
Only 3 seasons? I didn't know that. I'm surprised they didn't opt for the slow burn as it worked well for GoT, and, the quick ending of the last show was a huge complaint.

Yeah, but the King just comes off as pretty incompetent and uneven to me so far. I could very well be judging too early, but I feel like with other characters, it was more clear what their strengths and shortcomings were from the get go for the most part.
This king reminds me of the Sultan from the animated Disney Aladdin movie.

What's homeboy's name that dismounted Daemon in the tourney? The one who was made kingsguard.

Who was supposed to be the king?

His dad, Baelon, which does give Viserys claim (hence him winning the council vote) but he wasn't raised / apprenticed to be king. In the books the impression Aemon and Rhaenys were raised and pegged to take over. But death to both sons and heredity laws gave pathway to Viserys.

It's an aspect of the book I dislike. GRRM never fleshes the dramatics of the initial situation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back