Law House passes antisemitism bill that will target free speech and criticism of Israel

Yeah, no shit that was the backbone. We're actually looking for them to support things on principle even when they disagree with the sentiment, not just when they support the sentiment.

If the exact same bill was "islamaphobia", they wouldn't support it and neither would you. It isn't just free speech when you agree with it and hate speech if you don't.
Many of them do that, you just don't take notice when they do. For example here's Ilhan Omar defending an evangelical christian who was being criticized by a Republican congressman for saying "there is no hope for any of us outside of Jesus Christ alone".

https://x.com/IlhanMN/status/1691624027125629373

The way this dude framed the Bill in his opening was utterly dishonest, "the Republicans joined the Democrats"......No, it was a Republican bill passed by a Republican congress and the vast majority of the votes against were Democrat lol. It's true that the Bill had wide bipartisan support, but he's presenting it as thought it was a Democrat initiative. The GOP is gonna have to wear this one.
Yes they will

And I'm saying 99% of the people don't approve
The problem i have with this statement is if it's true, howcome the vast majority of the House voted for it? If the population doesn't want it, who wants it? And why would you support such legislation that 99% of the people, as you say, doesn't support, yet the people that very 99% voted in have no problem to put this legislation forward? Where do they get their orders, if not from the people that voted for them?

If indeed 99% of the people don't want this law, yet this law took shape with the direct participation of the people that the 99% voted for, what's even the point of voting?

The problem i have with this statement is if it's true, howcome the vast majority of the House voted for it? If the population doesn't want it, who wants it? And why would you support such legislation that 99% of the people, as you say, doesn't support, yet the people that very 99% voted in have no problem to put this legislation forward? Where do they get their orders, if not from the people that voted for them?

If indeed 99% of the people don't want this law, yet this law took shape with the direct participation of the people that the 99% voted for, what's even the point of voting?
It's a corrupt 2 party system. We don't even really get to choose our 2 options. I mean, we have the primaries for pres, but that's just a list of people that have been bought and paid for...
Local elections= people that bought their way in with backing from powerful people as well...

Also 99% is completely made up. But the number has to be high.

I didn't say the people, i said the US government is willing to tear up the constitution to protect Israel.
I was replying more to the part of "free speech warriors" staying silent.
I consider myself a big fan of the constitution and all our freedoms it protects. Speech is first on the list for a reason.

This is a true litmus test for all so-called "freedom of speech absolutists". I don't care if you are pro-Israel or pro-Palestine, this is anti-constitutional and a blatant slap in the face to the first amendment.

I've always said that 99% of people are anti-freedom of speech. It just takes the right subject for them to show their true colors.

This is the United States' first attempt at making hate speech laws and creating an "other" class that is free from criticism. If this actually gets signed into law, you'll have hate speech laws passed for every marginalized groups in response and you know have a parallel society and speech silenced.

While I'm against any sort of hate speech laws.. I don't think college campuses should allow KKK and/or Nazi rallies either. People can do their hate shit somewhere else.

If anybody took the time to read the definition that is being adopted--they'd know it has nothing to do with criticizing Israel.

Link to a piece of legislation started and almost unanimously supported by Democrats aimed at outlawing border patrol criticism or gender opinions, please.

Thanks in advance.
Yeah, seems to be a common thing where people justify real actions with imaginary whataboutism.

Yeah, no shit that was the backbone. We're actually looking for them to support things on principle even when they disagree with the sentiment, not just when they support the sentiment.

If the exact same bill was "islamaphobia", they wouldn't support it and neither would you. It isn't just free speech when you agree with it and hate speech if you don't.
But that hypothetical bill you are imagining hasn't happened. And the only reason you have rightist extremists not going along with the rest of the party on this is that they agree with anti-semitic sentiment.

Free speech is free speech regardless of who it offends. You are not compelled to listen to anybody and so long as your not forcefully held against your will it should be fine .

If somebody wants to clearly advocate or coordinate for genocide of all jews then there is already laws against that. If somebody with a table cloth as a scarf wants to yell indiscriminate slogans then unfortunately they can. Let them show you who they are an avoid them but it's within their right.

Doubtful...
But hey, social media has made thousands think women can have a penis, so I guess anything is possible?
<Fedor23>

Both statements are true. And it's not only social media. It's mainstream left media also.

Most people listening to Fox News believe everything they say. And most people who listen to MSNBC do the same exact thing.

Both statements are true. And it's not only social media. It's mainstream left media also.

Most people listening to Fox News believe everything they say. And most people who listen to MSNBC do the same exact thing.
I think the idea that trans people don't exist or that people who think they should be treated respectfully don't realize there is a difference between biological males and transmales is what is crazy.

Link to a piece of legislation started and almost unanimously supported by Democrats aimed at outlawing border patrol criticism or gender opinions, please.

Thanks in advance.

But that hypothetical bill you are imagining hasn't happened. And the only reason you have rightist extremists not going along with the rest of the party on this is that they agree with anti-semitic sentiment.

I see, so do you hate free speech by supporting this bill, or are you an antisemite who opposes it?

Last edited:
I think the idea that trans people don't exist or that people who think they should be treated respectfully don't realize there is a difference between biological males and transmales is what is crazy.

The pushback is from the extremists who are trying to gaslight and force everyone to act like there is ZERO difference between Trans and Cis people.

I see, so do you hate free speech by supporting this bill, or are you an antisemite who opposes it?
Rightists generally oppose freedom of speech for the left, but some want an exception for antisemites, as that's a horseshoe thing.

Nice Gish Gallop in the response to Possum, BTW. One real example is better than a bunch of fake ones if you're seriously thinking about an issue rather than trying to mislead.

Last edited:
It's not a strawman because they're trying to infiltrate female sports by saying there's no discernible difference between a cis-woman and a trans-woman on HRT.
I haven't seen that, but I think you're still missing the point, which is that the guy's post suggested that people are being fooled because they think transpeople exist. "social media has made thousands think women can have a penis." Um, no. Some people just think that transpeople should be treated respectfully. And they're not fooled into getting something objectively wrong; they just have a different opinion.
I'm not one of those people that don't think trans people don't exist. It's very real as evidenced by Buck Angel, Caitlyn Jenner, etc.
And everyone on all sides of the discussion is aware that they are not biologically identical to ciswomen.

Back