How about Poirier vs Dariush for the #1 contender spot?

Dariush should just get it but the UFC won't do that.

They'll probably have Poirier get the next shot off of this win.

Then try to see if Chandler can knock Dariush back to the back of the line. Dariush isn't marketable enouh.

How about Dariush is already the #1 contender. He's won EIGHT fights in a row in the lightweight division, and just fought Gamrot who absolutely nobody wanted to fight.

Poirier just had a fun fight with now 2-3 Chandler, most famous for getting smashed against ranked fighters by emptying his tank like a jackass. He does not deserve a title eliminator and is 0-2 in title fights.

Islam is likely to casually walk through Volk, who has no business in this fight. So long as Islam doesn't get injured, he should be able to fight Dariush by spring.

How about Dariush is already the #1 contender. He's won EIGHT fights in a row in the lightweight division, and just fought Gamrot who absolutely nobody wanted to fight.

Poirier just had a fun fight with now 2-3 Chandler, most famous for getting smashed against ranked fighters by emptying his tank like a jackass. He does not deserve a title eliminator and is 0-2 in title fights.

Islam is likely to casually walk through Volk, who has no business in this fight. So long as Islam doesn't get injured, he should be able to fight Dariush by spring.
I love Dariush but honestly think his win streak is considerably overrated, I think a win over Dustin would eliminate any doubt he deserves it

I love Dariush but honestly think his win streak is considerably overrated, I think a win over Dustin would eliminate any doubt he deserves it

Gamrot was on a 4 fight UFC win streak and 21-1 in his entire MMA career. Nobody wanted to fight him and he's clearly a world class talent.

Poirier getting worked by Charles and fighting now 2-3 YOLO jabroni Mike Chandler doesn't earn him a title eliminator with Dariush. Dustin has lost both of his title shots definitively.

Its obnoxious they keep putting Chandler in these types of fights, he loses to ranked opponents as a rule. Dustin needs to fight another top 10 ranked contender on a win streak. Dariush needs to fight for the title.

The right answer is Dariush vs Islam after volk. The problem is the UFC don't like Dariush. They probably don't believe in his marketability. They'll probably try make Dustin fight him. If he beats Dustin, he's beaten the highest profile lightweight in the UFC. That's sufficient hype. If he loses, that's a catastrophe. I don't wanna see Islam vs Dustin. It sucks because they're gatekeeping title shots from contenders who already earned it.

Would be a great fight to make but man that would suck if poirer wins and islAm beats volk.

The right answer is Dariush vs Islam after volk. The problem is the UFC don't like Dariush. They probably don't believe in his marketability. They'll probably try make Dustin fight him. If he beats Dustin, he's beaten the highest profile lightweight in the UFC. That's sufficient hype. If he loses, that's a catastrophe. I don't wanna see Islam vs Dustin. It sucks because they're gatekeeping title shots from contenders who already earned it.

he should get the title shot but the timing isn’t their. Dariush said he is going to fight again rather than stay out another long stretch.

I think that's perfect. Winner vs the winner of islam/volk. Put it on the Australia card.

Islam v Volk 155 title.
Yair v Emmet 145 interim
Dariush v Porier 155 #1 contender fight
Poirier isn't fighting in Feb unless they pay him a lot, he said so at the presser.

he should get the title shot but the timing isn’t their. Dariush said he is going to fight again rather than stay out another long stretch.
Thing is Dustin folds him imo. If that happens we're left without any viable contenders.

I think that's perfect. Winner vs the winner of islam/volk. Put it on the Australia card.

Islam v Volk 155 title.
Yair v Emmet 145 interim
Dariush v Porier 155 #1 contender fight

Poirier just wrapped up a fight & a full training camp lol you can't really expect him to go right into another one near the holidays just to go on the Perth card.

Lol y’all do know they are gonna book Dustin against Justin again now lol, they ain't gonna risk one of there precious American boxers get grappled to death

Thing is Dustin folds him imo. If that happens we're left without any viable contenders.

he could and man that would suck for the next title fight but I think dariush matches up well if he doesn’t brawl.

And if Dustin wins I guess he earned the next shot.

dAriush is going to fight. Who should he fight next. Fiziev. He mentioned Charles.

he could and man that would suck for the next title fight but I think dariush matches up well if he doesn’t brawl.

And if Dustin wins I guess he earned the next shot.

dAriush is going to fight. Who should he fight next. Fiziev. He mentioned Charles.
Has to be Charles. Keep away from fiziev. That's a recipe for disaster. Keep fiziev in your back pocket till next year. Make fiziev fight idk gamrot or Arman or Chandler. Then if he wins you have a striker WITH GREAT TDD. what sucks is his cardio tho. But him vs Islam would be good.
Or fiziev vs Dustin actually.
Dariush vs Charles and Islam vs Alex (eye roll)

This is the fight to make rn, Dustin says he wants it and Dariush being realistic probably wont say no
5 rounds would be nice 2

Back