How did Nunes look so good?

I don't see Nunes being out of her prime physically or speed wise. Or with reactions. She was willing to eat those shots to land a bomb. Careless, underestimating. She's also won it all and made money, looks happy. The motivation. Nunes has done so well and for so long she could drop all upcoming fights and still be the best ever. Valentina gets brought up, but she faces weaker competition.

While Pena had a yearlong camp and was determined to win. Ngannou also had very long preparation for the Stipe rematch. Said he started getting ready for it after the loss. If you prep for 1 opponent for so long the execution becomes easier. Frank knew Stipe's moves and pace and countered them to win on points up until the KO. The fulltime training aspect opposed to 6 to 8-week camps.

Last edited:
Nunes fought like an absolute idiot and kudos to Pena for drawing that out of her.

Cyborg left the UFC in order to avoid her. Nunes KO was no fluke. More likely due to the fact Cyborg was a juicer in earlier fights. Cyborg reminds me of the way Wanderlei used to fight. Great when she can overwhelm people with aggressiveness and force, not so great when facing a strong opponent with better technique(s).

While the history suggests that Cyborg wouldn't win a rematch she has been dominating the best women in the world minus Nunes in Bellators 145 division.

Maybe her ducking the Nunes fight was more complicated than just being scared? Hard to deny she was ducking it though.

Last edited:
She actually trained hard and was hungry, nearly broke, and not enjoying family time.

blablabla this this and that
I expect Nunes to demolish Pena in the $$ rematch

Nunes was clearly better for several minutes before she gassed hard. It's not her skills that are the problem here, it's her cardio.

Being able to control the gas tank is part of the game. Nunes is so used to seal clubbing that she forgot what it is like to fight someone who will resist. When she fought Val, she was spamming leg kicks for points and minimizing time in the pocket as she understood that Val would not just crater under her size and strength like most.

With GDR she turned into a blanket to avoid the stand up. Nunes can show fight iq when she needs to but she just figured she would dispatch Pena easily like Valentina did. Thing is, she is not as technical as Valentina so when her size and strength advantage is not useful, she needs to go to a different plan.

I would hazard a guess that she will employ a leg kick spamming strategy much like she did against Val in the rematch, difference is that Pena is not a counter striker and will eat shots to go after the gas tank again.

Nunes has the tools to win the rematch but I don't think it will be a cake walk style wise. No matter the outcome, Pena said she was a quitter when things get tough and then went on to prove it in front of the world. Being a quitter is a stain that does not go away easily.

I don't think that Nunes ever looked good.

In my opinion, Paige VanZant and Miesha Tate look good.

Paige VanZant and Miesha Tate are cuties (especially Paige).

Being bigger and opponents allowing you to dictate the fight goes a long ways

Cyborg wrecks her in a rematch and it's now demonstrable as to why.

Cyborg's winging punches got her beat the first time. Pena was just beating her to the punch with straight punches.

Life changes and covid - she came into the fight underweight hint hint.

Against Holly who is an elite striker
Against cyborg is a killer
Against bullet twice (goat 125er)
Against ronda
Against pennington

and so bad against Pena? Pena literally landed 100% of her jabs in Round 2

One of life's mysterys
I think Nunes had almost no respect for Pena's power and therefore felt comfortable wading into the pocket winging bombs in the hopes that one would land and start the end of the fight. But Pena kept herself safe and was able to land enough strikes and draw out enough swings from Nunes to wear out Amanda's gas tank.

She might have had an off night or maybe she was rocked early on but kept good poker face but her body wasnt responding properly. Rematch will be very telling.

All the women are shit, you don’t need to be good to look good

Did a bunch of threads get merged or is this guy a spammer?

I've never seen a hater like this outside of Conor threads.
Please point to what I said that is not accurate and then we can discuss.

I pointed out that a professional fighter, who is called the wmma goat fking quit, is that not the truth? Ya, it annoys me creepy thread follower guy.

Seriously, what did I say that was not the truth? There is one other thing that is obvious, you are seriously anally wounded by this fact but you can't dispute it.

Please point to what I said that is not accurate and then we can discuss.

I pointed out that a professional fighter, who is called the wmma goat fking quit, is that not the truth? Ya, it annoys me creepy thread follower guy.

Seriously, what did I say that was not the truth?

It's not what you said, it's the fact that you posted it like 20 times. And I didn't have to follow you anywhere because they were all in this thread.

Anyway, you're replying to an old post and I don't really feel like going back and re-reading your garbage posts, so go have your little debate with someone else.

Lets be honest. She scraped by Valentina who's much smaller. She got outstruck by de Randamie. Her best win is easily Cyborg. She was great but relied on size and strength to win. Unfortunately she relinquised any claim to goatness neow.

Lets be honest. She scraped by Valentina who's much smaller. She got outstruck by de Randamie. Her best win is easily Cyborg. She was great but relied on size and strength to win. Unfortunately she relinquised any claim to goatness neow.

Lol at that last part. Nunes has KOd Ronda and Cyborg, beaten de Randamie and Schevchenko x2. Nunes is easily the best female fighter of her generation.

Not that I necessarily subscribe to the following possibilities, but Nunes went into this fight coming off covid and not having cut to Bantamweight in two years, so both her training and weight cut could've been suboptimal as a result.
No,its cos she was never good. Long long history of flukes.

It's not what you said, it's the fact that you posted it like 20 times. And I didn't have to follow you anywhere because they were all in this thread.

Anyway, you're replying to an old post and I don't really feel like going back and re-reading your garbage posts, so go have your little debate with someone else.

Which is why you took the time to comment right? The fact that you have sand in your vagina is enough for me to be happy. Have a fantastic day dork.

Holm isn't an elite striker

Which one of her MMA fights shows her striking against someone who can actually strike?

Back