How excited are you for UFC 296?

Davidjacksonjones

Archbishop of Church of Saint Jones
@Black
Reaction score
The last UFC event of the year
Main and co-main are decent. Looking forward to seeing Shavkat but think it will be pretty one sided and predictable
Actually quite hyped for Ferguson vs Paddy, honestly no idea who wins. Does Ferguson finally get a win again, or will he tie the record for most consecutive losses.
Seeing Ian Garry knocked out would be a pretty cool way to kick off the main card

Overall excitement I would say about 6-7 which is decent. Looking forward to it, but not as much as i did for Jones-Gane, Izzy-Alex 2, Izzy-Strickland, Jiri-Alex, Islam-Volk 1 and 2 etc

Main card
Leon Edwards vs Colby Covington
Alexandre Pantoja vs Brandon Royval
Shavkat Rakhmonov vs Stephen Thompson
Tony Ferguson vs Paddy Pimblett
Vicente Luque vs Ian Machado Garry

1701005645067.png

Very decent card imo. This is a winnable fight for Ferguson but no guarantees either way.
I don't believe is winnable at all, Paddy's defense is shit but he is faster and hits harder than current Tony, also gonna be the bigger grappler with no bum knees not to mention Tony's killer instinct is gone.

I don't believe is winnable at all, Paddy's defense is shit but he is faster and hits harder than current Tony, also gonna be the bigger grappler with no bum knees not to mention Tony's killer instinct is gone.
Good points but this being MMA, we’ve all been burned multiple times by believing someone had no chance, only to see them pull the very unlikely upset. I just think that there are many harder fights than Paddy for Tony at this point.

Safe travels!

87al9k.gif

Decent card, but the main event is trash imo, and a real interest killer for me. I also don’t really think Tony vs Paddy should be on the main card, although I am interested in the fight itself. I’ll go like 6/10 for excitement level.

2 out of 4 fights look interesting

Colby/Leon and Paddy/Tony looks good, the other 2 I don't care about at all.

Back