Movies How good an actor is Kiefer Sutherland?

How good actor is Kiefer Sutherland?

• 10 - God of acting.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 - One of the GOATs.

• 4 - Below Average

• 2 - Very Bad

• 1 - Terrible

• Total voters
7bccab5295ef12e0d474b44d0f1f73fc.gif

I was never really a fan. But I heard a radio interview with him years ago. Apparently complete alcoholic.
He had lived near an Indian reservation and showed up on the Rez with some Turkeys to celebrate Thanksgiving. He was not well received and ended up getting beaten for his philanthropy. Still my favorite Sutherland story ever. Donald is great though.

Between the 80s, 90s, and 2000s... he's 'Very Good' when its a role within his range.

And that range isn't very wide, but its not narrow either. About average in that respect.

I'd say he's in his element as either an intimidating-sounding antagonist, or a former military protagonist.

Wish we could get one last season of 24 just to give 'Jack' a final satisfying goodbye.

Average. A shadow of his father.

I watched Virus (1999) for the first time in like 20 years last night, and while the atmosphere and practical effects have aged well, those two were the only factors that have.

I looked up it was filmed in 1997, and Donald Sutherland was 51 at the time and he looked like he was in his mid-to-late-60s at the earliest.

In fact throughout my entire life he's looked old AF.

He's the white Morgan Freeman.

By and large you know what you're gonna get with him but he is always watchable and solid. I gave him 6/10

I would say very good. He was great lead type in 24, Flatliners, , A few Good Men. An Iconic Vampire in Lost Boys. A great creep in the Vanishing, Dark City, Freeway. He has done Cowboys, Detectives, A Musketeer, a bully, a racist....I think he has the chops.

Scale of 1-10,

Kiefer definitely blows an 8.0

I would say very good. He was great lead type in 24, Flatliners, , A few Good Men. An Iconic Vampire in Lost Boys. A great creep in the Vanishing, Dark City, Freeway. He has done Cowboys, Detectives, A Musketeer, a bully, a racist....I think he has the chops.
He was a creep in The Vanishing? Are you confusing his character with that of Jeff Bridges or am I not remembering Sutherland's character well?

Back