How good are Martinez's leg kicks?

Shay Brennan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Martinez might have the heaviest leg kick I've ever seen at BW. I mean it only takes a single one to the calf and it immediately causes a big reaction from the opponent.
He and Barboza are the only figthters that have multiple Leg kick TKO victories in the UFC.

If he could do that to someone like Aldo, who's very good at checking kicks, then that could possibly make him the best leg kicker ever.

I'll be rooting for Aldo and hopefully he exchanges some leg kicks with Martinez.

He might be the best, certainly among the best leg kickers of the division. However, as you mentioned, Aldo is fantastic at defending leg kicks and I feel he really can outgun Martinez on the feet.

It looks like it’s going to be a good fight. Hopefully both guys bring it. I’m rooting for Aldo, as always!

Sounds like you answered your own question. I don't know if they'll be affective against Aldo but I think the youth will be enough for him to win but I'm hoping Aldo takes it.

He’s good, but not good enough for aldo, the defensive maestro who has only lost a striking battle at 135 to yan

Martinez might have the heaviest leg kick I've ever seen at BW. I mean it only takes a single one to the calf and it immediately causes a big reaction from the opponent.
He and Barboza are the only figthters that have multiple Leg kick TKO victories in the UFC.

If he could do that to someone like Aldo, who's very good at checking kicks, then that could possibly make him the best leg kicker ever.

I'll be rooting for Aldo and hopefully he exchanges some leg kicks with Martinez.
I do suspect that Martinez is going to put a slow beating on Aldo. I just think..... it's that time for both fighters.

I remember Martinez last fight and he just f*ing destroyed his opponent with leg kicks and as good as Aldo is.... I don't think he'll escape the Martinez leg kick onslaught.

I do suspect that Martinez is going to put a slow beating on Aldo. I just think..... it's that time for both fighters.

I remember Martinez last fight and he just f*ing destroyed his opponent with leg kicks and as good as Aldo is.... I don't think he'll escape the Martinez leg kick onslaught.
Aldo has insane leg kick defense. If Martinez over relies on kicks, he is screwed

A bunch of people in this thread seem to have forgotten that Aldo is 37 and retired. I've been riding with Aldo since WEC, but the UFC is using him as canon fodder to sell tickets in Rio.

Martinez is one of the best kickers in the game right now. But suggesting that stopping a washed Aldo would somehow make him the "best leg kicker ever" is absurd.

Still thinking aldo clears this easily. Martinez has shit for boxing defense.

He's like Jose before the bike accident.
Did he fall off his bike? I recently had 1 too many wobbly pops at the local tavern and was racing home on my e-bike when a large beige dog ran out in front of me and I went flying over the handle bars like 40 feet landed head first in a port-a-shitter. The force of me flying in there knocked the shitter over and the contents spilled all over me and the dog I hit attacked me and mauled my groin beyond recognition

In that last fight he chopped up Yanez, but Yanez is pretty much just a basic boxer. He had no idea how to do deal with leg kicks.

Aldo will have a way better idea.

I do agree though, that it's that time for both of them. Aldo is nowhere near what he was and Martinez is real good and getting better.

Prime Aldo would get him out of there within a round, but those days are long gone.

Is normal.

Make some noise
Are u ready
:: kick ::

Aldo should have stayed retired. I hope he wins, but I'm not banking on it. Martinez is dangerous.

As for leg kicks, here's an exceptional video about Aldo's kick defense, which may or may not show up this weekend:

Aldo should have stayed retired. I hope he wins, but I'm not banking on it. Martinez is dangerous.

As for leg kicks, here's an exceptional video about Aldo's kick defense, which may or may not show up this weekend:

Great video, I've already watched it a few times but watching it again is always worth it. Aldo is so damn good.

But yeah, he should have stayed retired. I'm worried about this one.

Back