Opinion How good of a president was Donald Trump?

How good of a president was Donald Trump?

• Total voters
He’s a joke

Fuck him and forget about him. Talking about him is a complete waste of time.

He’ll definitely be remembered for more bad then good. He was divisive, poorly spoken and an ego maniac. Politics isn’t a business of entertainment and unfortunately he made it more so then ever before.

However the economy was doing great pre covid, he bucked the presidential norm of always being politically correct and catering his words so as to not offend which had a bit of fresh air compared to the typical politician. We didn’t get in any wars, he lowered taxes, placed a much needed emphasis on border control, keeping businesses and jobs in America and calling out the media

He claimed that the economy would grow so much due to lower taxes that they would pay for themselves. That wasn’t happening even before COVID and he ran up the deficit before COVID as a result. Also, the tax breaks for large businesses are permanent but the tax breaks for people making under $70k are only short-term and expire next year. I legit don’t understand why people think that was a good idea.

Definitely a polarized individual, it's like you either love him or hate him. Seems like no in between.

800.jpeg
9e44d6fd35bb41cf65c31ac0364e316d8517b36c.gif

Trump was good for my checks and my bank accounts. I know it’s hard for leftists to understand since most of them live off endowments from their parents.

QUOTE="Rational Poster, post: 163379658, member: 440517"]I could take a loan today and pay someone to build a shed your garden.

That's all Trump ever did.[/QUOTE

He was and still is an executive of a fairly successful construction and real estate company. Knew who to hire and who to bribe. Like i said...he is not an intellectual, buy not quite dumb as most people think. His main skill wasnt giving speeches and pandering.

Last edited:
He was absolutely necessary. Say what you want about him being an asshole, but he turned the sinking ship around for the U.S. economy. He didn't just pump trillions of government debt to push the problem down the line like the previous administration. He created real market confidence, bent Kim Jung Un over, and finally did something about the currency and trade manipulation from China. You look at most of the democrat run states in the country and they're falling apart.

He literally increased the Nation Debt by several trillion dollars pre-COVID even after promising that he would reduce the National Debt while in office.

Trump was good for my checks and my bank accounts. I know it’s hard for leftists to understand since most of them live off endowments from their parents.

Hold up. Are leftists poor people milking the system or rich people living off endowments. It seems like we are accused of being both on a regular basis. Conservatives should have a conference call and decide which one to go with because flipping back and forth looks dumb.

Hold up. Are leftists poor people milking the system or rich people living off endowments. It seems like we are accused of being both on a regular basis. Conservatives should have a conference call and decide which one to go with because flipping back and forth looks dumb.
Biden got his campaign money from large donations from billionaires and millionaires. Trump got money more small donations from the middle and working class.

He claimed that the economy would grow so much due to lower taxes that they would pay for themselves. That wasn’t happening even before COVID and he ran up the deficit before COVID as a result. Also, the tax breaks for large businesses are permanent but the tax breaks for people making under $70k are only short-term and expire next year. I legit don’t understand why people think that was a good idea.
The length of tax breaks seems irrelevant to me, each new administration makes them whatever they want. Biden’s already said trump tax plan is out the window

as for the economy dipping before covid, I’m Not sure where you get that, I’ve seen graphs showing exact opposite until covid hits

as for the debt, the debt sucks balls seemingly no matter who’s in office, not excusing trump on that one

Wow that was easy.... thank you for proving my point.

Leftist/Democrats/Progressives have a common theme of suggesting they are the only ones that could possibly be correct had anyone that doesn’t agree is an “imbecile”

A suerior attitude doesn’t help your cause, but you must be smart enough to know that right?
<Dany07> and thats why we laugh at you...
<BidenShutIt>

Biden got his campaign money from large donations from billionaires and millionaires. Trump got money more small donations from the middle and working class.

Biden collected much more money from small donors. Biden $368 to Trump $268.

"Biden has seen a high tally of these small donations from a dollars-only standpoint. At around $368 million, money from small donors makes up about 38 percent of Biden’s total. But President Donald Trumphas seen a higher proportion of money raised from small donors, with 45 percent, or $268 million, of his total coming from contributions of $200 or less."

In fairness you need about 15 years to see the true legacy of a President.

Like we can categorically say George W Bush was a terrible President as he failed to stop that banking collapse and his Oil Wars have caused permanent damage to entire regions of the world.

Maybe we can judge Obama now - we are starting to see how his policies of Massive Quantatative Easing and Foreign Policy De-escalation are shaking out.

Trump was a shit-stain on the image of the Presidency and on US prestige but he was notoriously incompetent and got very little policy enacted.

I suspect that in 15 years time it will be like he never happened and his Presidency will be as Macbeth said "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

He was absolutely necessary. Say what you want about him being an asshole, but he turned the sinking ship around for the U.S. economy. He didn't just pump trillions of government debt to push the problem down the line like the previous administration. He created real market confidence, bent Kim Jung Un over, and finally did something about the currency and trade manipulation from China. You look at most of the democrat run states in the country and they're falling apart.
Fun little homework assignment for you: actually go and find out - not from Breitbart - how the economy was doing post-2009 recession. Spoiler Alert: it definitely wasn't a 'sinking ship', unless sinking ship means continually improving. For bonus points, check the trended unemployment numbers since Obama took over.

as for the economy dipping before covid, I’m Not sure where you get that, I’ve seen graphs showing exact opposite until covid hits
The length of tax breaks seems irrelevant to me, each new administration makes them whatever they want. Biden’s already said trump tax plan is out the window.

as for the debt, the debt sucks balls seemingly no matter who’s in office, not excusing trump on that one

Trump's tax plan will raise taxes on those making under $70k next year so of course it is out the window. Do you support sticking with that plan?

Trump used a legislative process called reconciliation to lower takes. Reconcilation requires that the changes be budget neutral over 10 year. To do that Trump made up wild bullshit economic growth numbers to offset the loss in tax revenue. Everybody new they were BS and, not surprisingly, they turned out to be. As a result, the tax break has increased the debt dramatically.

I did not say the economy was dipping. I said it was growing less than Trump promised in order to get the tax breaks through reconciliation.

History will not be kind to Trump. His supporters haven't been right on anything since he lost the election. Every attempt at overturning it has failed spectacularly when his supporters kept holding on to the belief that Biden wouldn't be sworn in.
Nah, those were mainly online crazy Q nonies. I ignore them and so should everyone. But the election lasting a WEEK was enough to confuse many. And your "history book" doesn't encompass everyone and anyone. All the sore losers from 2016 joined with the media had already made up their minds what their "history" was going to be before Trump even swore in.

Also your anecdotal evidence isn't much of a fact, or even if it was somewhat factual, quite irrelevant. There are hundreds of soundbites from Trump that will be registered in the WH archives where he comes off as a complete dolt. If you think being financially successful makes someone better than others then continue living that way, but I happen to think that just being a good and honest person is the standard to a good life. Many of his supporters are like this and I hold them high in my esteem even if I disagree with them on Trump. Left leaning people who are successful but judge others by their wallet are also ignored by me.

OH I forgot to mention that every MMA/jiu jitsu gym I trained at in 2019 (across 3 countries) were pretty much all trump fans or had absolutely no problem with him Good luck tossing your "anecdotey totey" stuff around with that.

Good for military servicemen. Good for them. They got a lot of money to spend. Sucks that so many people died of COVID though when many of the deaths could have been prevented if the President had just listened to Fauci.
Not just "money to throw around". Having much less troops dealing with crappy combat zones was great as well. And its not bad considering every left and their gay cousin swore up and down that we'd be in WW3 by the end of 2017.

And I'm going to copy and paste this again to answer you last sentence.

Anyone that thinks it could have magically been solved by one person is just delusional. Forget Trump. Even if Allah, Yawah, Buddha, Jesus, Elvis and Odin arrived in America to tell us to wear a mask and SD it still wouldn’t have worked. And you know for a fact after Floyd died your fellow democrats would have STILL looted, killed, rioted while spitting all over each other.

And it’s not like Covid only ravaged America. But for some reason America IS THE ONLY country that has a portion of goofs trying to blame ONE GUY while giving China a free pass.

You think Brazil is blaming Balsanaro?
You think England is blaming PM Boris?
You think Russia is blaming Putin?
You think Germany is blaming Merkel?
You think Mexico is blaming Obrador?

Even Japan is having a new surge. You think they are blaming PM Suga?

Worst president due to sheer incompetence in the face of a slam dunk reelection. Biden didn't beat him. To paraphrase Vince McMahon, Trump screwed Trump.

Back