How good was Fedor really? Was he truly elite?

Fedor was skilled, obviously, but his physical gifts were off the charts.
His speed, timing and balance were incredible... to this day, maybe the best we've seen at heavyweight.
His technique wasn't perfect, but it didn't need to be. Especially back then.
Out-struck prime Cro Cop, out-grappled prime Nog... Fucking LEGEND.

Bow down

1713479276040.png

Alot of people argue the Tim Sylvia and Arlovski wins, but at that time both fighters were still ranked. Some places rank Arlovski #2 to #5 when he fought Fedor.

Big Nog was the legitimate HW goat at the time, until Fedor. How Fedor handled Big Nog and CroCop was amazing.

My only complaint was I felt Fedor fell in love with his hands later and should have stuck with his sambo more often, but that's easy to say now.

So yes, he was that good.

Alot of people argue the Tim Sylvia and Arlovski wins, but at that time both fighters were still ranked. Some places rank Arlovski #2 to #5 when he fought Fedor.

Big Nog was the legitimate HW goat at the time, until Fedor. How Fedor handled Big Nog and CroCop was amazing.

My only complaint was I felt Fedor fell in love with his hands later and should have stuck with his sambo more often, but that's easy to say now.

So yes, he was that good.
I wouldn’t even say “still ranked,” as that sort of implies that they shouldn’t be. Arlovski was on a great win streak and was the #2 HW in the world by most accounts when they fought. Sylvia was coming off a loss in a fight for the UFC Interim HW title, and was #5 in the world when he fought Fedor.

Fedor beat almost every top HW of his generation, finishing most of them: Nog, Arlovski, Timmeh, Cro Cop, Coleman, Randleman, Herring, Fujita, and old Mir. The only top guys from his generation he didn't beat were Barnett, Randy, and Kharitonov, and he would have been heavy favorites against all of them.

Those who question Fedor's legacy are almost people who weren't around at the time. When he was crushing opponents, there were zero questions about his legitimacy.

How good was Fedor?

I have a hard time genuinely believing that Fedor is truly elite and up there with goats such as

GSP
Anderson
MM
Jones
DC

Fedors record was too padded he fought in such a different weak era and when Fedor came up against semi modern MMA fighters he got beaten badly and could not hang

Some say that he could not hang because of his age. I do not believe this one bit. The real issue was he came up against modern MMA fighters. Isn't is such a coincidence he only started to lose once he faced true elite HWs and all of a sudden he was "out of his prime."

Anderson wrecked Hendo, Fedor a HW got wrecked by Hendo.

Werdum stopped Fedor

And I believe prime Fedor would lose to

Poatan
Anderson
Cain
DC
Aspinal
Gane
Nganu
Black Beast
Jones
Overseen

Fedor has such a padded record and had huge holes in his game

Fedor had poor Boxing, poor fight IQ, poor bottom game. Jones would take him down and elbow him to oblivion.

Fedor was a good fighter but should not be compared to the true elite.

Fedor's myth is more folk lore and myth. His best wins are Cro cop and Nog. Cro cop and nog are good but have glaring holes in their game.
All MMA fighters, respected him, as a king...they wanted to fight him, if all the other fighters think your on the top and best currently, that says more than Dana White or anyone....but maybe not over a shed dog post...stay tuned because these post matter.

How good was Fedor?

I have a hard time genuinely believing that Fedor is truly elite and up there with goats such as

GSP
Anderson
MM
Jones
DC

Fedors record was too padded he fought in such a different weak era and when Fedor came up against semi modern MMA fighters he got beaten badly and could not hang

Some say that he could not hang because of his age. I do not believe this one bit. The real issue was he came up against modern MMA fighters. Isn't is such a coincidence he only started to lose once he faced true elite HWs and all of a sudden he was "out of his prime."

Anderson wrecked Hendo, Fedor a HW got wrecked by Hendo.

Werdum stopped Fedor

And I believe prime Fedor would lose to

Poatan
Anderson
Cain
DC
Aspinal
Gane
Nganu
Black Beast
Jones
Overseen

Fedor has such a padded record and had huge holes in his game

Fedor had poor Boxing, poor fight IQ, poor bottom game. Jones would take him down and elbow him to oblivion.

Fedor was a good fighter but should not be compared to the true elite.

Fedor's myth is more folk lore and myth. His best wins are Cro cop and Nog. Cro cop and nog are good but have glaring holes in their game.

His record wasn't padded like you think it is. He fought a ton of top ranked guys and was fighting 3-5 times a year, so slipping a Zuluzinho in there isn't like when UFC champs fight once a year. Also, people shit on his opponents like Hong Man Choi as a one-dimensional fighter because they don't realize he was a legendary Korean wrestler.

His striking was phenomenal and he outstruck strikers like CroCop. Tim Sylvia, Arlovski and Bret Rogers. Saying he lost to modern fighters is idiotic. The Pride heavyweights, most of whom he beat, came over to the UFC and sat at the top of the division for years. He lost to the best fighters in the world when he fell out of his prime.

It's sad that so many modern fans weren't around then and are too stupid to realize just how amazing he was.

In fact, saying he had poor boxing, poor IQ and a poor bottom game is so stupid it has to be a troll. Congragulations. You got me. I just realized, after typing this all up, I'm being trolled. Fuck. I just a bit of time and effort on a fucking troll.

He was one of the best ever in the sport, super skilled and talented, imagine having a 31 fight win streak at HW, the division which is never consistent, HW is just never consistent and never has been, but yet Fedor managed to be, which is unique and special

His hand speed was incredible, his hand speed was like a top level WW. He had great throws and trips and really savage ground 'n' pound and submissions. I know TS is just trying to bait and laugh at Fedor, which is a sad shame, another Covid Lockdown fan who thinks its funny to crap on people they missed out on

He was elite, and probably the most well rounded HW of his era and maybe even the one after.

Was he the unbeatable, almighty God of combat, who easily beats every fighter that ever lived, that Shertards paint him as? Not even close.

He is the HW GOAT as of now though and his accomplishments will be almost impossible to repeat just because of how MMA is now. Nobody is going unbeaten for a decade in the UFC because these days you don't get 3 cans to whoop on between every world class fighter you face.
What accomplissements? He never won a UFC belt and did not win SF belt. He could not hang with the modern elite.

He was one of the best ever in the sport, super skilled and talented, imagine having a 31 fight win streak at HW, the division which is never consistent, HW is just never consistent and never has been, but yet Fedor managed to be, which is unique and special

His hand speed was incredible, his hand speed was like a top level WW. He had great throws and trips and really savage ground 'n' pound and submissions. I know TS is just trying to bait and laugh at Fedor, which is a sad shame, another Covid Lockdown fan who thinks its funny to crap on people they missed out on
That 31 streak was padded as hell. He beat Hong man choi and Akebeno, these are meme fighters.

Jones and Fedors opposition are not on the same planet. I would even rank DC above Fedor.

Fedor never fought fighters like Stipe or Cain.

fedor-rogers-head-off.gif
Yes Brett Rogers truly elite.

One of Fedor's best wins that is saying something about how weak his competition was.

look at the names on this 8 year run

View attachment 1040388
Yes weak as hell

All of these are old school many 1 dimensional fighters. Nog was a BJJ guy with serviceable striking, Randleman was a wrestler (rip)
Heath Herring is not elite

Cc is a good win but he is far from a modern well rounded HW. He is a striker
AA is a good win

Basically out of all those fighters there are no well rounded elite HWs, the most elite is maybe Timmeh. Jones, Anderson, DC, Poatan wreck everyone.

Taking down and subbing Hunt is hardly a great achr

this is a shitty thread.

of course he was great, an all-time great even. he beat all the big names of his era for the most part, lots of highlight reel finishes, came back from a brutal head dumping by kevin randleman. anything you need to be considered an all-time great is on his resume.

Back