How is Amanda Nunes just a -600 favorite over human punching bag Spencer?

When the odds do slip to -800 or more I'm for sure putting a small one down on spencer.

Don't know Nunes hasn't looked great as of late and if she can take it deep waters it could get interesting.
Hasn't looked great of late?

Her last 4 fights she has a dominant UD and 3 finishes by KO/TKO.

Yeah, but most ladies are doughy, trash athletes (obviously excepting Nunes),

so it doesn't smell like she's a threat.

How did that go for Ronda? A fighters flaws should not be overlooked. Nunes may be knocking everyone out now but eventually she is going to run into someone with an iron chin who she can't put away. Cat Zingano already beat her and GDR would be champ right now if she had a halfway decent ground game.

Spencer is alright, she's quite durable and she can bang.

Don't count her out.

Well, count her out but be nice you feckers.

Lmao. I was at Spencers last fight. That other chick was demolishing her on the feet. Nunes is gonna kill her.

Well yes the other girl certainly looked a tidier striker in the 72 seconds until Spencer put her against the cage.

Amanda had problems in the past with her cardio and got beaten up on the ground a few times

Felicia showed against Cyborg that she's hard to put away and will keep coming

If Spencer is the best the UFC has for Nunes, then this division is dead and has no reason to exist

You must have missed the hype vids last night!

Hasn't looked great of late?

Her last 4 fights she has a dominant UD and 3 finishes by KO/TKO.

She crushed cyborg early in round 1, looked pretty good in the Holm fight but Holly fought scared. Nunes looked visibly slower in the GDR fight though and started to gas out, whether that's a testament to how good GDR may be but she didn't look that good against Holly.

Idk if it's because they've got the baby on route now, or it's a usada situation, but she don't look nearly as fast or explosive as before to me.

Probably because Nunes almost got (reverse) triangle choked by an absolute retard in terms of grappling skill. She didn't pass or advance position against a white belt / trash blue belt level grappler w/ no wrestling base, and was also almost knocked out by an upkick.

Spencer's forte is grappling right? This is the probably the reason. And -600 is still a pretty massive favorite, just not astronomical.

Schev beat Nunes as well even though she got robbed by the judges for an L.

There is no way you were at UFC 240, paid money to go the event and refer to one of a handful of women's fighters that is well known as "that other chick". Besides why would The All American Nightmare be allowed into Canada anyway?

Uh, Spencers last fight was in Norfolk VA.

Spencer is a bad matchup for Nunes, Amanda will be in trouble after r1 because Spencer likes to clinch and go for takedowns

ATT fighters recently are dropping the ball (in their big fights). This camp is good, but I think they are not evolving anymore and are slowly getting passed by the game.

Joanna, Dustin, Colby, Woodley (lol), lost their championship fights.
And yes, it's not like they looked like they didn't belong in there (aside Tyron, the Rap God), but it looked like their gameplan wasn't aknowledging the strong points in their opponent's game - at all. And when they inevitably got pushed, they resorted to was just doubling down on what they do well. Which is maybe an OK strategy for your normal fights, but when you are facing the best of the best you must try to limit the best parts of your opponents game. Just applying what you do best without taking away your opponent's most dangerous weapons isn't gonna fly at high level. Oh, you got a killer jab? Every time you jab me I'll lowkick the shit of your leg! You have a nice right hand? I'll just circle to your left, how about that?

I think Nunes isn't affected by ATT's bad gameplanning because she fights in very weak 135 division. But it's still a food for thought.

Back