How is this not already a rule? That you can touch NOTHING while weighing in????

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This should be a common sense rule implemented a LONG time ago. There is no point in having weigh ins if fighters can put their hands on something and push down.

For those of you who haven't tried it find a scale of any kind and just lightly push down on anything nearby. It's shocking how much weight you magically lose just by applying a very small amount of force.

I'm happy this fight is still happening and everything. 1 pound doesn't matter that much to me personally but there are rules for a reason and they need to be enforced.

But the person that suffers most if DC misses weight is Rumble. Its a weird situation.

He was doing an alternative weigh-in.

Is normal

Maybe DC identifies with someone who weighs 205.....

You leftists out here should have no problem with that.

But the person that suffers most if DC misses weight is Rumble. Its a weird situation.
Kinda, if Rumble loses this situation would make DC look really bad. If Rumble wins he doesn't get the title because it would be ruled a non title match...

It sucks either way, but I get what you're saying

What if a fighter had the ability to levitate (even partially)?

Time will come!

The commission needs to prepare!

If your over weight they should let you lay down on the scale so you make weight :)

Bh5oFAaCYAAGnaA.jpg

Touching something only makes you WEIGH MORE. Just did this experiment with my wife. She held a towel and I grabbed the towel while on the scale. It makes you take on extra weight. I weighed 3 lbs more and it made my weight go from 332 to 335. This experiment proves Daniel wasn't cheating.

GREAT JOB DANIEL. SO PROUD OF YOU. #ANDSTILL

AC's in generally are surprisingly unprofessional and disorganized

This should be a common sense rule implemented a LONG time ago. There is no point in having weigh ins if fighters can put their hands on something and push down.

For those of you who haven't tried it find a scale of any kind and just lightly push down on anything nearby. It's shocking how much weight you magically lose just by applying a very small amount of force.

I'm happy this fight is still happening and everything. 1 pound doesn't matter that much to me personally but there are rules for a reason and they need to be enforced.
I'd like to see DC put his hands on you.

usually policies change due to things like this. look at greasegate. it was investigated, no malicious intent was found, and then new policies were created to make sure something like it didn't happen again.

in my state a guy was killed getting fucked by a horse. turns out there was no law against it. now there is. feel free to google "enumclaw horse" for more details.

but since you got all political about it, i would like to point out that this is why government regulation exists. so i sure hope that next time you complain about stupid government regulation, it happens because people bend rules (or leave an impression of bending rules), people like you suggest there should be a law, policy or regulation against it, and a law, policy or regulation is created. next time you complain about "too much government regulation", remember this one example of how YOU wanted MORE regulation, and feel free to extrapolate further from there. i'm not attacking you, just asking you to think it all the way through. cheers.

If you really think that you can 1.5 lbs off by resting your hands on something you're a fucking idiot

Touching something only makes you WEIGH MORE. Just did this experiment with my wife. She held a towel and I grabbed the towel while on the scale. It makes you take on extra weight. I weighed 3 lbs more and it made my weight go from 332 to 335. This experiment proves Daniel wasn't cheating.

absolutely untrue. thats only if you push down on the scale. maybe you convinced your wife. this was clearly cheating and really just makes ufc and cormier look bad. it absolutely was done purposefully and was purposefully overlooked. He was probably supposed to grab the smaller towel behind the big UFC towel and then only people on the stage would have seen it. He made the mistake of grabbing both. Really just throw any fairness out the window. Unfair to bettors. Anyone who bets on Johnson and loses has a legimitate case to sue.

Dude, no it doesn't...if you push down, you are going to weigh less. if you grab something and pull up for whatever reason, you will weigh more...how is this a topic?

Anyone doubting that towel could've helped, try it yourself. You only need a scale, towel and two friends.

Last I checked it is a rule, you're not supposed to touch anything while weighing in, exactly for this reason. I'm baffled at the incompetence of the NYSAC this morning.

Back